UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

[Quote]

I agree, everyone already knows how cheap JJ was back then. I'm just glad he is now willing to spend up to the cap and even eat the salary of a few higher priced players and a coach. Maybe he has learned from past errors. Can't live in the past if you want to succeed in the future.[/Quote]

Hey Bub I hate to burst your bubble but here are some facts and do with them what you will

Jacobs is not paying Dave Lewis, once he took another job which JJ knew he would he was off the hook

JJ "ate" Schaefers salary but made up for it with Alberts today a calculated move.

JJ came out with new "all you can eat" ticket plan, then raised ticket prices 9 days later to make up for it.

The NHL article in Forbes magazine said Jacobs spends 24th in the league in scouting and development.

Peter Chiarelli Jacobs third choice as GM after he fought with the first 2 over money, He is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.

Those are just facts so before you jump on me for being a "bruins hater" maybe you should take off the foam finger and look at the big picture.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Thanks for stealing my screen name, you zit faced loser who lives in your parents garage.

You come here under multiple screen names throwing insults at this team and its ownership and players.

Get a life or a job or a team to root for,

At least start paying your parents rent, you waste of space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]

Hey Bub I hate to burst your bubble but here are some facts and do with them what you will

Jacobs is not paying Dave Lewis, once he took another job which JJ knew he would he was off the hook

JJ "ate" Schaefers salary but made up for it with Alberts today a calculated move.

JJ came out with new "all you can eat" ticket plan, then raised ticket prices 9 days later to make up for it.

The NHL article in Forbes magazine said Jacobs spends 24th in the league in scouting and development.

Peter Chiarelli Jacobs third choice as GM after he fought with the first 2 over money, He is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.

Those are just facts so before you jump on me for being a "bruins hater" maybe you should take off the foam finger and look at the big picture.
    [/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]

Do the bruins have to pay the player coming up to replace alberts or does he play for free. He spends 24th in the league in scoutin and developement yet the bruins minor league system is rated in the upper end of the league. One of the gms not hired traded a bunch of youth for a player that didn't resign with them or bring them the cup. I'm glad our underpaid gm wasn't so stupid. I believe shaefer made more money and had 1 more year in his contract than alberts.

I guess when you hate the team as much as you do that every move they do or don't make is wrong. If anyone says 1 thing possitive you are rt there to rip them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

[Quote]

Do the bruins have to pay the player coming up to replace alberts or does he play for free. He spends 24th in the league in scoutin and developement yet the bruins minor league system is rated in the upper end of the league. One of the gms not hired traded a bunch of youth for a player that didn't resign with them or bring them the cup. I'm glad our underpaid gm wasn't so stupid. I believe shaefer made more money and had 1 more year in his contract than alberts.

I guess when you hate the team as much as you do that every move they do or don't make is wrong. If anyone says 1 thing possitive you are rt there to rip them. [/Quote]

Hate the team? Are you some kind of friggin moron or something? Those are facts! If your too blind or dumb or lack the mental capacity to grasp such simple things then go seek help or up the dosage of your meds.

Show me where I ripped anyone saying something positive! No one is coming up to replace Alberts as he did not play the first 2 games but I'm guessing you didnt know that because im guessing the institution you are in does not carry NESN. Do you ever sit back and read your mindless ramblings? Your a clown who makes no sence. You sound like some 70 year old hanging on by a thread to his last semi coherent thoughts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Another old post by the old post name stealing maiden. This team has more points then tonight yes tonight 10/28/08 canucks.The opponent tonight is the luaongo led canucks. Play Thomas as his play warrants more starts. Fanny Mernandez has played poorly and won a couple of high scoring games but he is 1 legged and very slow from side to side. If you expect our offense to produce 5 goals every time he plays you will be sorely dissapointed. Start asking this board to delete these post after 3 months and stop the old post trolls from ruining REAL hockey discussions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]Top prices, mediocre results year after year, what do you think?[/Quote]

hahahahaha, the name steeling troll strikes again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BarfBagBilly. Show BarfBagBilly's posts

Re: UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP

In Response to UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP:
    Jacobs "acknowledged" that the Bruins rank in the top third of NHL teams for profits and the bottom third for payroll : "We're not hammerlocked here by financial restrictions. ... We have some [financial] latitude".          Posted by Gardensupportor

ENOUGH SAID!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

Jacobs is SPENDING AS MUCH AS HE LEGALLY CAN. Jacobs has the LOWEST CONCESSIONS IN BOSTON OR FOXBORO PRO SPORTS. Jacobs is selling ALL YOU CAN EAT seats for $39. My God, how can you criticize him. Bob Kraft is the greediest bas--d in pro sports, just increased prices 70%, charges $100 for parking. THANK GOD FOR THE JACOBS FAMIILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dogwhacker

Dale Arnold is that you?

I'm not a Christian but I hope there is a hell and there is a special level reserved for JJ when satan decides to call him home.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

I'd rather have Jacobs as an owner than have the Bruins bought and moved to another city.  At least he has the financial stability other teams lack.  The team's on the upswing and players are given a second chance and happy to join us.  Patience, grasshopper.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP:
    In Response to UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP : Dale Arnold is that you? I'm not a Christian but I hope there is a hell and there is a special level reserved for JJ when satan decides to call him home.
    Posted by fenian1967

Have you been to Buffalo?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: UNDER FIRE IN THE HUB, BRUINS OWNER JACOBS DEFENDS OWNERSHIP:
    I'd rather have Jacobs as an owner than have the Bruins bought and moved to another city.  At least he has the financial stability other teams lack.  The team's on the upswing and players are given a second chance and happy to join us.  Patience, grasshopper.
    Posted by Believe1

The odds of an original six franchise relocating are about the same as Neely singing "You Light Up My Life" with Claude Lemieux and Ulf Samuelsson on Dancing with the Stars.  So this is a bit like saying "I'd rather be kicked in the groin than have space pirates turn my legs into noodles!"  All in all, I'd take my chances on the pirates and avoid the kick in the groin.

Still - I agree on the second half here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

The odds of an original six franchise relocating are about the same as Neely singing "You Light Up My Life" with Claude Lemieux and Ulf Samuelsson on Dancing with the Stars.  So this is a bit like saying "I'd rather be kicked in the groin than have space pirates turn my legs into noodles!"  All in all, I'd take my chances on the pirates and avoid the kick in the groin.

Still - I agree on the second half here.

Good one Bookboy 007!  Maybe we can arrange the song and dance act as a fundraiser for the Bruins Foundation. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Jacobs is SPENDING AS MUCH AS HE LEGALLY CAN.

Jacobs has the LOWEST CONCESSIONS IN BOSTON OR FOXBORO PRO SPORTS.

Jacobs is selling ALL YOU CAN EAT seats for $39.

My God, how can you criticize him. Bob Kraft is the greediest bas--d in pro sports, just increased prices 70%, charges $100 for parking.

THANK GOD FOR THE JACOBS FAMIILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by dogwhacker

What the heck are you talking about? All the stuff you said is completely untrue. Jacobs has the HIGHEST concession and ticket prices in Boston, even higher then the Red Sox & Patriots.

I will gladly pay Krafts prices because he wins Championships, Jacobs can't even get out of the second round.

p.s. It is $40 to pay to park in the parking lot of the 3 time SuperBowl champs not $100 you pathetic lying Jacobs apologist

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

So Chiarelli has 4 players taking up 50% of the salary cap... Thomas, Bergeron, Chara & Savard all locked up long term... Not going to end well. More mismanagment by the Bruins front office

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Nice RE-posting; more of same from Chowdahead.  Yawn.

Sections
Shortcuts