Use skill on the power play.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Use skill on the power play.

Why not load up with all the skill you can on the power play. Skill means people who can stickhandle, make and take a pass, carry the puck a inch without panicking.  Try Savard, Bergeron,Krecji, Wideman and Chara. You could always replace Wideman with Bergeron on the point and put Wheeler or Ryder on the wing.  People who don't belong on the pp are Sturm and Recchi, can't carry the puck an inch or make or take passes.  Yes i know about Recchi's great deflection prowess but he is just to old and clumsy to be on the pp.

I don't mind Morris, Hunwick or Boychuck on the point.Putting on Ference is pathetic as he can't shoot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Use skill on the power play.

I disagree on Recchi, he is very good at getting in front and screening the goalie and possibly deflecting the puck. It just isn't happening for him right now. Call it a slump, like when David Ortiz doesn't hit a homerun for 3 months....pro sports athletes go through times like that even Hall of Famers, you can't just quit on them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Use skill on the power play"

That would require a coach who is capable of recognizing offensive skill

That would leave Chara and Wideman out

Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Ryder/Sturm/Recchi, Morris/Boychuk

That unit would provide the best chance to score, but would not be within the confines of the "system" of an absurdly stubborn coach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Now that Boychuck is finally playing and proven he is better than Ference Wideman or Hunwick I would park big Z in front of the net and put Morris with Johnny Boy ....Savard and Bergy up front with Chara.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree with saultont put Chara up front and Berg. and Boy. on the point with Krejci and Savard as the set up men. Use Rechhi,Begin and Sobotka the second PP with Wideman and Chara.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

chara has no offensive skill.....righttttt