vertseeg traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam34. Show adam34's posts

vertseeg traded

I really liked what i saw from Bochenski when he was with the Sens last year. But I know nothing about Versteeg. Is this a good trade?

Adam

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam34. Show adam34's posts

vertseeg traded

Last year he played one of the wings on a line with Spezza in pre-season and early in the season. He was awesome. He looked really good and could put the puck in the net. TSN says that he's a goal scorer as long as he plays with a playmaker. Try him with Savard and Murray. I bet he scores more than Axy. lol

Adam

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

vertseeg traded

I like this trade. Versteeg might make it but he's still on the small size for an NHLer. Bochenski has already shown he can dominate in the AHL and can probably play a significant role as a 2nd line winger in the NHL. And he is exactly the type of player the Bs need. We've got enough playmakers, we need finishers.

But we still need a goalie too.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krop09. Show krop09's posts

vertseeg traded

Diggin thanks for the insight,

I actually have seen both them play, Bochenski at UND, I went there for baseball and I am from Alberta, so I saw Verstteg play alot in Lethbridge (WHL). Personally I cannot beleive the success Versteeg has been having this year in the AHL, in Junior he was undersized, and lazy. I probably saw him play 30 games, and I never saw anything I liked from him. As for Bochenski, he was legit in College, him and Parise were great, however, he is one of those guys who will have to always score at the NHL because he is undersized and his skating is below average at the NHL level I think.

I don't think Versteeg will ever be a NHL regular, unless his abilities and work ethic have dramatically changed in the last two years, where Bochenski has the intangible quality of being a natural goal-scorer (which cannot be taught). Overall, i think it is a good trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

vertseeg traded

Nice job Chiapet!

Bochenski is managing a carwash in Florida now and Versteeg is leading the NHL in scoring for rookies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

vertseeg traded

bruins rookie leads all rookies in goals and is rt behind versteeg in pts. bruins have no room for a 5-7 ctr or left wing anyways.
    You hatred for the bruins is comical. This season must be killing you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefebvre33. Show Lefebvre33's posts

Re: vertseeg traded

In Response to vertseeg traded:
    [QUOTE]u mean donovan, mowers, primeau, and axelsson
    Posted by Beantown67WR[/QUOTE]

I miss those guys, they were what the Bruins are all about

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to Re: vertseeg traded:
    [QUOTE]In Response to vertseeg traded : I miss those guys, they were what the Bruins are all about
    Posted by Lefebvre33[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? every one of those guys with the exception of Axelsson was a scrub!! donovan was washed up, there'll be ten wayne primeau's out there every offseason, and mowers was always a bum to begin with... BAD POST.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefebvre33. Show Lefebvre33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vertseeg traded : Are you kidding? every one of those guys with the exception of Axelsson was a scrub!! donovan was washed up, there'll be ten wayne primeau's out there every offseason, and mowers was always a bum to begin with... BAD POST.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

This was my point... Have you watched the Bruins for the last 17 years? These are Jacobs perfect Bruins. Cheap, average run of the mill guys, warm bodies to throw out there, and did I mention cheap? They would certainly be on JJ's all century team. They are what the Bruins have been all about

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vertseeg traded : This was my point... Have you watched the Bruins for the last 17 years? These are Jacobs perfect Bruins. Cheap, average run of the mill guys, warm bodies to throw out there, and did I mention cheap? They would certainly be on JJ's all century team. They are what the Bruins have been all about

cheap?
    they have no cap room, the past 2 years they have been in the top 3 in the league in terms of money spent on players.......way to be champ, way to be

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vertseeg traded : This was my point... Have you watched the Bruins for the last 17 years? These are Jacobs perfect Bruins. Cheap, average run of the mill guys, warm bodies to throw out there, and did I mention cheap? They would certainly be on JJ's all century team. They are what the Bruins have been all about

You must be the same person who wrote this:

Theo Epstein is the Worst GM in Baseball

posted at 8/28/2009 5:15 AM EDT
    First: 5/1/2007
    Last: 8/30/2009
     Facts are facts:

1. B. Y. Kim- theo says he will be great relief pitcher in fenway-booed out of town
    2. Gagne- theo so proud he got Gagne for the bullpen-Gagne is unbearably pathetic
    3. Renteria- theo spends huge bucks for this "great shortstop"-has to get rid of him next year
    4. Lugo- theo spends huge bucks for this "great shortstop"-finally admits his folly
    5. Dice-K- the "national treasure"- 100 million on such an overrated pitcher
    6. Smoltz- worth the money and the risk-gets rid of Smoltz
    7. Kotchmann for A. Larouche- makes a lot of sense only in Theo's Brain
    8. O. Cabrera not good enough to play with the likes of Renteria and Lugo
    9. gives away Cla Meredith to SD- he can't pitch in the majors in Theo's Brain and brings back Mirabelli, that amazing hitting catcher
    10. foolish to get Santana for Buchholtz and Crisp- another thought from Theo's brain

Theo Epstein is brain dead- he lucked out with two world series and we know
    why- Ortiz and Manny were juiced heavily, and anyone who doubts that is 
    as dumb as Theo