Very difficult series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Very difficult series

Boston played very well and limited Montreal's pp . Their pp is very good, even last night I thought they moved the puck around well on the 2 chances they got. I don't see Gainey using Laraque over 13 minutes again, he's starting to get questioned in the local media about sitting offensive players out.....

Timmy played well, actually both goalies were not at fault on any goals, should the B's win the series I really believe the next round will be easier who ever they play......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Very difficult series

Almost always a tough series when these two teams meet because of the history between them. Montreal had some pretty good opportunities last night and played a good game. However, when the Bruins decided to play, they clearly had Montreal on their heels.

I'm just hoping we don't lose any of our key players to cheap shot injuries. I expect Saturday the Bruins will amp it up a notch and pound the Montreal D even harder. Ultimately, they will wear them out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

I agree....you gotta believe Julien will have them work harder and continue with the tough but disciplined play. I'm still not sold on having Bergeron on the point, he played well but made some mistakes on the pp.

Maxine Lapierre and Komisarek are trying to show toughness in the only way they know, with cheap shots. They do this cause of the immense media scrutiny here, the team has been crapped on all year for not caring and being soft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

We won because we're the better team although Gainey won the mental aspect because there's no way the game should have been that close.
    On the Laraque topic I think Gainey is playing a head game with Julien.
    Just like a pitcher plays with a hitter throwing , a curve ball, slider and then comes in with the fast ball .  
    He won't match up Laraque on that line all game long but just enough to keep Chara honest and un-balanced on how to play against Kovalev.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Julien is good at adjusting.....I really hope the B's come out and grab that lead again. I d also like to see them run (clean solid hits) Schneider more, they guy is supposedly playing with a bad shoulder ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriote. Show Patriote's posts

I did not read a lot of pertinent comments so far but i totally agree with you HabsHater .  In fact i do not want Laraque on first line anymore .  Bob split his best trio to put a big fat and slow player .  Montreal will not win playing tough .  Otherwise i do not understand why people says that the habs gives effort in this game .  They all doing wrong .  When Metropolit is your best player of the game .  You must have a lot of slackers in your team .  Kostitsyn-Plekanec should play in  a league somewhere in Belgium .  Anyway i find hope in the fact that Montreal plays like sh.. and almost rivalise with Bruins . Still think Bruins will win in 5 .  Still think Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos should be on second line (only trio who are able to play in offensive zone) .  I think game 2 can only be thougher for Boston .  Better show in perspective .  I hope .  Good luck to both team but even much to Bob .  Cause this idiot will need it !  Salutations .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I believe coach C.J. won the head games by not letting his team fall for Gaineys goon tatics. They stayed out of the box, which is exactly what Gainey did not want. He cannot out coach Julian or get in his head. People believe this because of the final game they played in the regular season, when the Bruins had nothing to lose by fighting back, and beat the tar out of the habs plus won the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

nocry,
    Time will tell. I want to see how the Bruins come out tomorrow nite and all that BS the Habs did at the end of the game I believe has only pumped up our boys even more.
    The Bruins are way superior and this should start looking like a mis-match.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Game 1 followed a similar pattern to the last reg. season game.

B's jumped ahead by 2 , Canadiens rallied to tie, Bruins played a smart and disciplined 3rd period. Only difference they didn't need OT in Game 1.

What I love most about this year's Bruins is they don't get shook up when they blow a lead, they just work harder and are a very good 3rd period club.

This team played alot of playoff type hockey over the last two seasons, these players as a whole have bought into Julien's style, it can work when you have unselfish players ( note how Lucic passed off instead of shooting into the empty net, how Axelsson sacrificed the body and risked injury to block a shot, Ward played an excellent game in his one zone).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good points Zilla !
    It's in the zoo of the Bell Centre that we will see how the Bruins react to your 2nd point.
    That' what will make the difference if the Bruins win in 5 (as I predicted) or in 6 or 7 . 
    I do believe !  I feel the same as you of this years version of our BRUINS .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

What they're doing is working. The biggest irony is that the habs were encouraged in game 1. That's not only ironic, but pathetic. Not only were they unaware that the Bs only played at 60%, but they took it as a positive omen that they almost tied the game, and then let in 2 goals.

Confused, but do not wish to look into this abyss any further. I just want to say that when the Bs fight hard and lose (a rare combo), I do not feel encouraged.

The attitude in Montreal, sadly, is borderline delusional. I try not to listen to the radio during these days of hab tribulation.