Very Embarassing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

Very Embarassing

I find it rather embarassing that the Penguins are absolutely demolising the #6 seed Carolina Hurricanes a team that outplayed us for the majority of the second round and beat us on our own ice.

Looks like the B's were alot more far off from being real contenders then we thought, it just goes to show you the regular season is completely meaningless and you have to build your team for playoff hockey. PC has ALOT of work to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Very Embarassing

Carolina has played 2 grueling 7 games series and simply have nothing left at this point.  Although we did play tight and let the pressure get to us in game 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

Carolina has played 2 grueling 7 games series and simply have nothing left at this point.  Although we did play tight and let the pressure get to us in game 7.
    Posted by Orrthebest

And we took off Game 2, Game 3, & Game 4... Wouldnt exactly call those games "grueling" Didnt even look like the Canes broke a sweat. Same can be said for Game 1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NHL Playoffs are about Matchups! Canes are not far removed from there cup run. Embarassing no not at all. Canes didn't play tight because they've been there!

Orr the best said it the Canes are worn out. The Pens were blessed facing a tired team! PC can't predict injuries nor can the Bs training staff prevent them!

Agreed "PC has work to do!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

So if it is all about matchups then why did the Bruins mop up the floor with the Hurricanes going 4-0 vs them this season?

If the Hurricanes are so tired why did they make it look so easy for most of the series against Boston?

Sounds like more lame excuses to me.

The Bruins were blessed with an awful and injured Habs team in Round 1. If they had played the Rangers instead im not so sure they would have made it past Round 1.

Bruins just arent that good yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizard861. Show wizard861's posts

Maybe I am partly to blame? I payed to go to 9 games this year... after the second round and hearing about the injuries I could not be more ashamed to be a Bruins fan. When we break it down we have had 3 series wins in 17 FREAKING years? Is anyone in the league that pathetic? I signed on for another 10 game package next year but I dont see how we can improve... with JACOBS as owner we are only treading water until we drown in another pool of mediocrity again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

Ok, you can say that the 'Canes are just plain worn out, but didn't the 'Guins also play a grueling 7 game series against Ovechkin?  Why are they so 'fresh' and the 'Canes not? What we have here is playoff hockey. Look no further than that sixth goal of the game that Malkin scored against Ward. How can you stop that? You can't!  Pittsburgh wants it more  and will probably play the Wings for the Cup. What I have a problem with is that it's almost June. THe only hockey played now should be Summer leagues or instructional. At this point, do you really care? The league has to do something to shorten up the season before (yawn) fans look elsewhere. How sad is it that Bettman lets Versus (Versus!) dictate when we get to watch. Maybe an early exit was a blessing. As usual, sign me wait 'til next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1191893. Show user_1191893's posts

I find it rather embarassing that the Penguins are absolutely demolising the #6 seed Carolina Hurricanes a team that outplayed us for the majority of the second round and beat us on our own ice. Looks like the B's were alot more far off from being real contenders then we thought, it just goes to show you the regular season is completely meaningless and you have to build your team for playoff hockey. PC has ALOT of work to do.
    Posted by Brian030731

This was the best Bruins team in at least 15 years, they gave me many enjoyable moments this year, I am not embarassed at all, as a matter of fact I am proud of the Bruins. With so many injuries to key players I find it amazing that they were able to take the series to OT of game 7.

I agree they have some work to do to join the likes of Detroit, but I don't think they are very far off at all. If the Bruins had just one more puck moving defenseman than they had in the playoffs, i have the feeling they would be playing the Pens right now. Hunwick and Ference would have helped immensely there.

I understand being dissapointed the Bruins didn't go farther but I don't feel embarassed by them in the least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from francoismuarion. Show francoismuarion's posts

If anything the Bruins are good at anything it is being embarassed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

Posted by francoismuarion

Hey Jacques Strap - Bruins fans are disappointed.  we expect and demand better moving forward.  I wonder if you're embarrassed by the gutless Habs leaving their "proud" history far behind?  Habs = past; Bruins= present and future

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So if it is all about matchups then why did the Bruins mop up the floor with the Hurricanes going 4-0 vs them this season? If the Hurricanes are so tired why did they make it look so easy for most of the series against Boston? Sounds like more lame excuses to me. The Bruins were blessed with an awful and injured Habs team in Round 1. If they had played the Rangers instead im not so sure they would have made it past Round 1. Bruins just arent that good yet.
    Posted by FairbanksAK

What does the regular season have to do with the playoffs other than getting home ice advantage!? The Bruins didn't play the Canes after Maurice came back to coach! How does a hockey team make it look easy having to go 7!? The canes didn't make it look easy! it took 7 games for them to win!

The Bruins would have still beaten the Habs injured or not! The Bruins would have beaten the Rangers as well why!? Because they matchup better against them!

The Rangers (Joke)! Johnny Mac "You cannot be Serious!" Regular season records go out the window come playoff time!  Breakup the Canadiens and Rangers there going to win the cup every year!

I will agree with you on one thing the Bruins need to get better!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from francoismuarion. Show francoismuarion's posts

Hey Jacques Strap - Bruins fans are disappointed.  we expect and demand better moving forward.  I wonder if you're embarrassed by the gutless Habs leaving their "proud" history far behind?  Habs = past; Bruins= present and future
    Posted by CountyCork1

Bruins fans dont demand anything from thier team, thats your problem. You embrace mediocrity and pay top dollar for it too. Thats why you have a con man/hotdog salesman for an owner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

we spent up to the cap, owner has nothing to do with it, go to hell you stupid french f*ck

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

Fran Marie Antoinette, the difference between you and most if us is that we don't waste our lives on other teams' blogs, including your feminine French Habs blog, making the exact same childish comments about other teams over and over and over again.   Get a life.  

By the way,  Jacobs can only spend his money and put someone in place to run the hockey operation.  Jacobs spent money. Chiarelli is responsible for the team's performance.  And while Chiarelli has made a few bad decisions, for the most part I think he is doing well - so far.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from francoismuarion. Show francoismuarion's posts

we spent up to the cap, owner has nothing to do with it, go to hell you stupid french f*ck
    Posted by dkrejci46

BAAA HAAA

You have the cheapest GM in the league! That balding doufus couldn't manage a Tim Hortons let alone the Salary Cap!!!

You get what you pay for!

Look forward to Krejci being the starting Centre for the Habs next season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

I think a Harvard education would more than qualify Chiarelli to manage a Timmy's; but if he did that where would you work, Franky?

PS. I'll have an extra large double-double please; oh and the bathrooms are really dirty, could you run a mop over them please!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Maybe I am partly to blame? I payed to go to 9 games this year... after the second round and hearing about the injuries I could not be more ashamed to be a Bruins fan. When we break it down we have had 3 series wins in 17 FREAKING years? Is anyone in the league that pathetic? I signed on for another 10 game package next year but I dont see how we can improve... with JACOBS as owner we are only treading water until we drown in another pool of mediocrity again
    Posted by wizard861

You want pathetic, see TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS. It could me MUCH worse here in Boston, so don't feel so bad. In Toronto, they are basically telling the fans they will be lucky to even make the playoffs over the next 2-3 yrs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Funny coming from a Habs fan that saw his team barely make the playoffs and then get smoked 4 straight by their arch rivals.........now that's pathetic AND embarrassing. Next year doesn't look much better for your Franny boy. Enjoy the long summer off. How's the golf game by the way??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Canes came into the playoffs hot and had to play lights out hockey to compete and get past both NJ & Boston (ok, Boston didn't exactly help themselves either with their play in games 2,3,4). They've simply run out of gas and are facing another very hot team in Sid the Kid, Malkin, Staal and others.

You also have to consider the injuries that NONE of us knew about to key players on the Bruins roster. I'm still amazed that Kessel was as effective as he was (points wise), considering the type of injury he had. Given these key injuries, they would not likely have gotten past the Penguins anyways.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I am a huge B's fan but the bottom line is that Detroit is the best team in Hockey until someone knocks them off. ALL the other 29 teams are pretenders with lots of work to do until they can call themselves Stanley Cup Champions.
    Lighten up B's and Habs fans. Both of our teams lost.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyDawes. Show JohnnyDawes's posts

The Bs need at lease 3 quality players in order to be more than second round contenders.
    Goaltending - Thomas did all he was capable of doing.  His talent is limited.  He lacks the quick reflex and recovery.  He was unable to make the "game stealing saves" as opposed to Cam Ward.  If the management sticks with Thomas then it is back to another quick exit from the playoffs.
    Defence - As it was apparent, when Chara stinks, so does the team.  We need another defence man to quarterback the defense and recover from Chara's glaring mistakes and breakdowns.
    Scorer - Without a sniper, the Bruins might as well kiss the Cup goodbye.  As we saw in the series with the Hurricanes, the Bs were unable to break the game open because of a lack of scoring.  We have fringe, lunch pail type of scorers.  We need a John Bucyk type of scorer. 
    If the management do not improve upon the goaltending, defence and scoring the Bruins will make another quick exit from the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Posted by Orrthebest

The Pens beat a physical Flyers team in 6 and a talented Caps team in 7. So, they've been though a rough road as well.

While the Bs had a cakewalk and a layoff in and after the 1st round, the Canes barely escaped the Devils in Game 7, yet they were able to smack the Bs for 3 straight wins en route to a 2nd round series win.

That the Pens destroyed the Canes illustrates just how far removed from the cup the Bs truly are.

They'll never win the cup as long as Jacobs is owner. He'd rather build a team for the regs, that generates more revenue than build a team that's playoff tough. The Bruins are like the Canucks/Blues/Sharks/Blackhawks.

Ironically, in defense of Jacobs, the Bs are victims of a broken NHL system that rewards lower seeds who get hot at the right time, thus making the regs worthless beyond qualifying for the playoffs.

The NHL was at its best in the 1970s, prior to the WHA expansion. That's when division winners had a bye while the rest of the playoff teams were involved in a life or death struggle in a best of 3 series. Under that system, the (#5) Pens and (#6) Canes would battle either other in the 1st round rather than the Semi Finals.

That's why I don't pay attention to hockey until the playoffs. Home ice means jack. If a team is playing well for 82 games, they should get rewarded rather than treated like the rest. Right now, the NHL has the longest exhibition season of any sport.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

The Pens beat a physical Flyers team in 6 and a talented Caps team in 7. So, they've been though a rough road as well. While the Bs had a cakewalk and a layoff in and after the 1st round, the Canes barely escaped the Devils in Game 7, yet they were able to smack the Bs for 3 straight wins en route to a 2nd round series win. That the Pens destroyed the Canes illustrates just how far removed from the cup the Bs truly are. They'll never win the cup as long as Jacobs is owner. He'd rather build a team for the regs, that generates more revenue than build a team that's playoff tough. Posted by Cuban_Pete

You hit the nail on the head Petey

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Bruins fans dont demand anything from thier team, thats your problem. You embrace mediocrity and pay top dollar for it too. Thats why you have a con man/hotdog salesman for an owner
    At least our owner is not trying to dump his team. The habs ship is sinking fast. It's quite sad really that such a storied franchise has been reduced to such a low standard off teams to play for amongst the top players around the leaque. How many times have the habs been a top bidder for the leaques top UFA's in recent years, and those players want nothing to do with them. Because of this I believe there only hope to improve is to build from within. Sorry hab fans it appears that until you change your teams image, years of futility await you. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stats101. Show Stats101's posts

And the Penguins are just getting better before our eyes. This team might dominate the next few years. The window may have closed for the Bruins

Sections
Shortcuts