Veterans wanting a tryout? Anybody know?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Veterans wanting a tryout? Anybody know?

According to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, three NHL veterans already have contacted him about coming to September’s training camp on a tryout basis. “They are gauging the temperature out there and want to be sure they get in somewhere,’’ he said. “It’s sort of like a land rush from the frontier days.’’ Of the three, Chiarelli told only one he would consider extending an audition, similar to Glen Metropolit in Sept. ’07 . . .

Could be fun to come up with some names.

Any ideas hockey fans ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Veterans wanting a tryout? Anybody know?

LOL. . .  I'll throw this out, Jeremy Roenick !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

Is Chelios still a free agent? I know he's 47, but could bring some more recchi-esque leadership to the Locker room..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

TONS of UFA's out there.

You could put together a halfway competitive team with who's left on the market. 

Check
    http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/ufa.cgi?none&x_UFAID=25

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Maybe Tony Amonte( far shot out of retirement) is he not Boston University player, Once upon a time. Maybe nice Irish name like Shannhan or as far I know Todd Bertuzzi is a FA.Someone mention Roenick think about a B line the intimidator line Thornton,Roenick,Begin  Throw Bitz every other day to rest the vets
    thornton roenick bitz
    begin roenick thornton
    thornton begin bitz
    bitz roenick begin
    Lets keep in mind can Roenick, Amonte or Shannahan keep speed with NHL today even with rest between games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm guessing players and their agents only bother to call when they see a possible roster spot fit or some other potential fit.  So think American puck-moving defensemen, veteran goaltenders, and former Bruins: Matt Schneider, Manny Legace, Andy Hilbert.  I didn't see anyone in that glut of UFAs who'd have a shot of bumping Sobotka down the depth chart let alone taking a spot from a current Bruin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That part of sundays hockey notes has made me curious as well. I could see Kyle Mclaren calling and the PC turning him down. Doubt Mclaren could pass a physical. Mathieu Schneider Jeremy Roenick? I know San Jose is waiting on an answer from Jeremy don't think it's him.

Schnieder i don't think would stomach a pay cut or beg for a tryout. Awesome on the power play though look what he did for the Habs last year and pretty much most of his career.

I could see Ken Klee calling but we don't need him old and slow. Which now brings me too Chelios my guess is PC said yes to him to come in and tryout but I'd rather see Zubov for one year at the right price.  

I agree with sobotka comment nobody is going to bump him out this year he's ready to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

Great link badhabitude..

Looking around the list a few names pop out..

Sydor, Zubov, Chelios, S. Neidermeyer, Bertuzzi, Anders Eriksson (CAL) older puck moving Dman maybe can find his place as the 7th dman. Peca, Darren McCarty, Robert Lang, Derrick Morris (31- but B's coveted him at the deadline)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

imafan go die, seriously

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i guess to answer that question you 1st need to look at what the B's potentially need.
    Enforcer- nope
    Depth D-men- yes
    grinding fwds- nope
    skilled fwds- potentially depending on Kessel.

If Kessel lands a d-man than I believe our d is set.  Which means we could go grab someone like Bertuzzi for a low risk 1 yr deal.  He would look nice along side of Savard and Lucic...talk about power line...

My deals would be Kessel for Bieksa.
    And then sign Bert.

Tell me that wouldn't be an amazing def...and Bert has natural gifted hands and speed...he would totally feed off of Savard and espeically Lucic's energy...we may lose a few goals...but no one could touch that line down low...and Bieksa is a complete stud built to wear a B's uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

In Response to Veterans wanting a tryout? Anybody know?:
    [QUOTE]According to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli , three NHL veterans already have contacted him about coming to September’s training camp on a tryout basis. “They are gauging the temperature out there and want to be sure they get in somewhere,’’ he said. “It’s sort of like a land rush from the frontier days.’’ Of the three, Chiarelli told only one he would consider extending an audition, similar to Glen Metropolit in Sept. ’07 . . . Could be fun to come up with some names. Any ideas hockey fans ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Robert Lang had 18 goals and 39 point s in 50 odd games before the injury last year with Montreal. I woud definitetly give him a tryout if another team doesn't
    sign him before then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Bieksa would be a GREAT trade for Kessel if it could ever get pulled off. As far as this subject goes:
    Roenick, Chelios and McLaren are the only names that could possibly make sense that were mentioned. Most of the names listed wouldn't call around looking for a tryout.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shandkid. Show shandkid's posts

well one of my good buddies from san jose said that talking to jr this past season he said if he didnt win the cup then he was bout 98% going to retire

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Veterans wanting a tryout? Anybody know?:
    [QUOTE]Hal Gill, Eddie Shack, and King Clancy
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

I believe Hal Gill is with Montreal, now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1661

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=305

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Veterans wanting a tryout? Anybody know?:
    [QUOTE]LOL. . .  I'll throw this out, Jeremy Roenick !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

JR is a character hockey guy to have in the room.  He and Recchi would be good influences on the the younger guys.  Of course, the latter is signed.

Sections
Shortcuts