vs. Toronto (tonight)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

vs. Toronto (tonight)

I'm thinking this game should have a high intesity level to it.  Both teams want to establish themselves within the division, so I'm hoping for a true battle on the ice.

Also, something tells me that, Thornton and Orr will be on the ice together at least once, or twice.

....and please, CJ, play Thomas! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: vs. Toronto (tonight)

I suspect that it will be a high level of intensity, I think it will be a showcase of skills rather than a game of fights. I also suspect Rask will be given the start as a confidence booster, in either case it will be an exciting game to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I hope the Leafs make a game out of it.

They don't play well in Boston and Kessel feels the weight of the world to score a goal against his ex-team every time he plays.  Unfortunately being the only sniper on the team, he draws the Bruins checking line and Chara every time he's out there so it will be tough. 

I think the Bruins are a tough matchup for the Leafs because their forwards are much bigger collectively then the Leaf forwards.  Leafs are small at center and that's where I think the Bruins have a huge advantage that they should exploit.

Leafs played the Bruins tough in the 2nd half of the season last year, but were blown out in the 1st game last year.

I'm curious to see how they play against one of the top teams in the league.

I have a feeling it will come down to special teams and how good/bad the Leaf goaltending pans out.

Optimistically, Leafs 3 - Boston 2.

Realistically, Bruins 4 - Toronto 1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I predict McGrattan gets his first game tonight. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: vs. Toronto (tonight):
    I hope the Leafs make a game out of it. They don't play well in Boston and Kessel feels the weight of the world to score a goal against his ex-team every time he plays.  Unfortunately being the only sniper on the team, he draws the Bruins checking line and Chara every time he's out there so it will be tough.  I think the Bruins are a tough matchup for the Leafs because their forwards are much bigger collectively then the Leaf forwards.  Leafs are small at center and that's where I think the Bruins have a huge advantage that they should exploit. Leafs played the Bruins tough in the 2nd half of the season last year, but were blown out in the 1st game last year. I'm curious to see how they play against one of the top teams in the league. I have a feeling it will come down to special teams and how good/bad the Leaf goaltending pans out. Optimistically, Leafs 3 - Boston 2. Realistically, Bruins 4 - Toronto 1.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I really look forward to the Leaf games.  The last 3 B's-Leaf tilts have all gone to o/t, and one went to a s/o.  For those that enjoy bashing either TT or Rask(which drives me nuts),  TT played 2 and Rask played one.  TT was outstanding in the first, good in the second, and Rask was great in the third.  B's took 5 of 6 points, however, obviously things could have gone either way.
    Never know, but I expect a pretty spirited, close game.  Still don't think the B's style gives them any advatage on home ice.  A bit of a concern.
    It'll see-saw throughout the year, and it's a tough choice, but right now, think I'd ride Thomas. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

right..."high intensity" game in October.
    That's the problem with all of you...you want "high intensity" in the part of the season it doesn't matter!! How about "high intensity" when you're up 3-0 in a best-of-seven series??!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

tassinarisoccer, have you ever said anything positive in your life? Did someone steal your dog when you were a child? Just curious. I think the Bruins could go 82-0 followed by 16-0 in the playoffs en route to the Cup and you would still say something negative. Really man, take some medication for that before you post next time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

right..."high intensity" game in October. That's the problem with all of you...you want "high intensity" in the part of the season it doesn't matter!! How about "high intensity" when you're up 3-0 in a best-of-seven series??!!
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer

I already finished reading your post before I remembered that you're an idiot that offers no real insight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

right..."high intensity" game in October. That's the problem with all of you...you want "high intensity" in the part of the season it doesn't matter!! How about "high intensity" when you're up 3-0 in a best-of-seven series??!!
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer

Sorry "Mr. Intensity".  I was under the impression that winning regular season games against divisional rivals was a good way to get to the playoffs.

Speaking of high intensity, anyone watched soccer recently (besides of course assinari)??  Wow, how about the intensity there??  I'm lovin' another nil - nil tie out on the ol' pitch...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

5 - 1 for Boston is my prediction.  Bergeron's stats aren't reflective of his play so I think he's due for a 3 point night.  Seguin, Bergeron, Lucic all get a goal with a couple others coming from the D.

36 - 21 shots on goal for Boston with the only goal being a dirty goal resulting from a goal mouth scramble.

Toronto has been outplaying it's abilities as a team in this league and I still don't believe they are anywhere near a playoff team.   They have slightly better than average or average goaltending, better than average defensemen (not defense, but defensemen), and one of the worst forward lines in the league.   Their lack of depth up front is going to catch up to them and when they hit a 5 or 6 game losing streak watch out... Brian Burke will move heaven and hell to get something back for Kaberle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

How do October games "not matter"?  How thick can you possibly be?  Why do March games matter more than October games?  They all add up in the same tally.  All regular season games matter equally.  If you didn't 'slack off' in October then you wouldn't have to play all out death hockey on the last game of the season just to get into the playoffs.

Better to achieve some momentum and routine early in the season, and play well with high intensity... and then pick it up in the playoffs when you INEVITABLY get in! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Even that is eary, in this is the big test for Wheeler. He can come up big against the Leafs somewhat weak D, or he does not produce at which point we will have a true assessment of what to expect from him for tge rest of his time with the Bruins.

He must be feeling the pressure but must show something tonight in the way of a few points. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

IF ....the Bruins pass the puck like they can  then it's a 4-2 game for the Bruins.

IF....the Bruins don't skate and pass the puck then it's a 3-2 game for the Bruins.

No McGratton....Thorton will do just fine. That 4th line is one of the better one's in the league. 

Because it's an Eastern team tonite. TT starts.  Go B's Go !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If McGrattan plays ...5-2 BRUINS

if not......Leafs 3 B's 2

Hate to say it

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Stanley, Wheeler should get started on his 30 goals any day now and this would be a good night to start. Maybe Blake has a 5 pt. evening?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Damn Leafs TV, does anyone know a site to watch on line?

thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

atdhe not working right now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

i managed to find a working live stream:

http://www.alpha2zulu.net/a2z_channel_2.html

Cheers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now that's a hockey player !!! Milt Schmidt.
    He should have won maybe 2 more cups in the early 40s if he didn't have to go to World War II and fight for his country along with some other stars on that team.
    That Bruins team could have been the first dynasty in hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

That was a moving ceremony. 

Let's hope that the team puts forth an effort that Milt Schmidt will be proud of.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

what a snipe by Bergeron huh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I hope the Leafs make a game out of it."

LRH the Leafs have come to play tonight they are a different team than last year for sure and don't have Versteeg tonight. 1-0 after the 1st period. Next goal in this tightly checked game is muy importante.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

what a snipe by Bergeron huh
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Ols, Did you see Seguin keep his calm shuffle the puck back to Lucic than to Chara over to Bergeron for the blast ? Tyler doesn't rattle with opposing players draped on him he kept his calm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: vs. Toronto (tonight) : Ols, Did you see Seguin keep his calm shuffle the puck back to Lucic than to Chara over to Bergeron for the blast ? Tyler doesn't rattle with opposing players draped on him he kept his calm.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

yeah I did notice Seguin was in on the play, They seem to be giving him a lot of ice tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Nice pass by Hundwick

Sections
Shortcuts