WAIT AND SEE...SAVARD GONE to TORONTO

From Ontario

Family Lives in Ontario

Contract is up in July, 2010

Bruins are Cheap

Toronto Needs a play making Centerman

BURKE WILL PAY TOP $$$$

See ya Saavy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: WAIT AND SEE...SAVARD GONE to TORONTO

Savard's from Ottawa, but I see your point.

If Savard is not locked up before the end of season he will be gone too, though he has said he would stay here for less, we will have to wait and see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

Agree.  Savard and Kessel will be reunited in Toronto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Durn....scary thought....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

Good.....maybe they will trade Tim Thomas with him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

I doubt it dont u think by getting rid of kessell opens up the space next year to sign Savard. Morris 3.3 is gone Rechis 1 is gone  and whatever kobesew makes he will be done. I would rather have Savard then Kessel any day.    Everyone seems to be overreacting we all knew they couldnt get everyone signed. Thanks to bonehad contracts by PC wich made anyone with trade value untradable(Sturm,Ryder). They had to choose one Kreji or Kessel and i think they chose the right one. Now lets hope they use some of these draft picks to beef up at the deadline.                      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

In Response to WAIT AND SEE...SAVARD GONE to TORONTO:
    [QUOTE]From Ontario Family Lives in Ontario Contract is up in July, 2010 Bruins are Cheap Toronto Needs a play making Centerman BURKE WILL PAY TOP $$$$ See ya Saavy!
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

I think he will resign. The one that has me a little worried is Wheeler. Isn't the only reason he came to Boston was to play with Kessel?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Why does everybody say the B's are cheap one day and they spend too much the next day?

See Thomas, Chara as too much and Kessel as they are cheap.

They can ONLY spend so much money on their players and they do that. Whats the problem people? Did the public school system in massachusetts fail you?

This Bruins team is very good and entertaining.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The problem BlueFox70 that the Bruins used to be cheap and some fans will not forgive JJ for that plus he raised ticket prices.

I would not follow the Bruins if they did not spend to the cap but they do. I watched PCs press conference this morning on http://bruins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp I still have the trust in PC that I did before.

I predict Savard gets an extension this year before the year is out so that PC can then concentrate on next years RFAs. I also say PC is not done dealing this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Get me straight.  I am one of the biggest JJ haters of all time.  But he is an excellent businessman and he has delegated the gm job to someone capable like a good businessman will.

He very well may get Savard to Toronto, but more likely Ottawa.  Why?  Same reason as Aaron Ward to Carolina.  How can you reward players with a salary cap in place?

Answer: Give them what they want - other than money and compensation.  Players will want to come to Boston because they know what they will be treated well.  Boston has been changing their reputation as a friendly place for players.  If he wants to stay, he will stay.  If he wants to go, they will do their best to send him where he wants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jpotrzeba51. Show Jpotrzeba51's posts

Everyone needs to seriously calm down and consider the fact that dealing one disgruntled player to Toronto does not mean the rest of the team is following! Savard has openly stated multiple times his desire to finish his career in Boston. As for Blake Wheeler, that's ridiculous. Understood, he had played with Kessel before but when interviewed upon signing he stated that the way the team brings up the young players, the direction the team was headed, and the steady influence from former bruins greats such as Neely, Sweeney, etc in the locker room was the main reason he signed. Things may change but please stop drinking the JJ Juice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglmsrso. Show mglmsrso's posts

Nobody is really "cheap" anymore in reguards to players salaries as the Jacobs salary cap as it is termed throughout the league is in effect...

The difference betweem championship teams in all sports and the Bruins is those teams surround themselves with top notch Management, scouting, coaches etc etc

Since those dont count against the cap Jacobs hires a skeleton crew of cheap yes men who won't dare cause issues when JJ & CJ issue orders... that is why I dont forsee a Cup anytime soon in Boston

You are only as strong as your weakest link. That weak link in Bostons case is ownership.