Walker only fined! What the #@*F!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Walker only fined! What the #@*F!!!

thats embarassing, lets write the league. I'm gonna try to dig up an e-mail address and post it here. If anyone finds it before me let me know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]And you gotta love their GM spouting that he's very happy with the decision since he thinks his team has been on the receiving end of too many altercations in the 1st 5 games! This is f*kin B*llsh*t !!!!!
    Posted by fukid[/QUOTE]

This is from firebettman.com gbettman@nhl.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Final word is not done on this yet.......

"The league has yet to uphold Walker's one-game suspension for being the instigator in the final five minutes of the game. We should get some word later today."

Per Fluto....boston.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathanrules. Show stanjonathanrules's posts

I thought an instigator penalty in the last five minutes was an automatic one game suspension. I guess the rules don't apply to the Whalers. How does this just get a fine but Lucic got a suspension for what he did in the Montreal series. On another note I know it is a two minute minor but Next game I think someone needs to drill a puck into the Whaler bench and drop Paul Maurice Rick Bowness style.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

They are talking about it now on WEEI (the big show). Of course the initial reaction is this is disgraceful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Bring up a goon to 2 hand Walker then jump the bench to shank mourice.

The nhl is the biggest joke around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Final word is not done on this yet....... "The league has yet to uphold Walker's one-game suspension for being the instigator in the final five minutes of the game. We should get some word later today." Per Fluto....boston.com
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

NHL.com ... The National Hockey League today announced that Hurricanes forward Scott Walker has been fined $2,500 for an incident that occurred at the 17:13 mark of the third period of Game 5 against the Boston Bruins. There will be no additional punishment assessed.

It is over and Cambell and Bettman are POS's that need to go!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

simply unbelievable! If it was Lucic, he would of been suspended for 5 games.

Why have a rule in the rule book if you don't follow the rules? Colin is a joke and should be suspended. I am going to give him a ring as a fan of the game and ask  him to resign!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

I want Walker to get his from the league.... on the other hand....  having him out there in game 6 will just light a hotter fire under our as*es... Perhaps having Walker out there will make for that much more bone-crushing checks... Could serve as additional motivation....  We play better when angry and aggressive...  just a thought

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I want to see his teeth in a pool of blood in the 1st period.

Thornton has gotta take this one though, can't risk Chara with a broken hand. I hope thornton pummels him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IHateManning. Show IHateManning's posts

How do they suspend Lucic against montreal for that crosscheck but Walker doesnt get suspended for a sucker punch. Unbelievable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

If the Bruins go on to win this series, we can all thank Walker (and Jokinen). I'd really like to understand though how the Instigator rule applied to Lucic but not Walker.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadianut. Show Macacanadianut's posts

Win the series and take a number for next year  like Looch did with Komisarek last year then kicked his but and put him out for 6 weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I don't care, I want 2 more wins damn it! 

But if Looch waits until the game is in hand, with under 5 minutes left, and sucker punches a player, gets an instigator and (with the MANADATORY) one game (oh wait, that already happened)... then what have we learned?  Oops.  I think the league forgot the 1st round, rules is rules.

I guess if your team is from Canada, or the franchise was (past tense) from there, you get a free pass huh?

Win game 6 then anything can happen!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Writing the league? I felt throwing garbage at them was morer appropriate, but we can always do both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Unreal. Just goes to show how uneven this league is when dealing with stuff like this. Stinks that it happened - big time - but the Bruins need to use this as motivation. And they can do it. If they play their "A" game, they can beat just about anybody. I'd LOVE to see a Game 7 in Boston!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Break out your crayons then.
    Posted by wallyisdead[/QUOTE]

Typical Leafs fan ! Why you miss Maurice ? 
    Be objective , the NHL broke their own rule . I don't care about the punch even though it was dirty but how does the NHL waive the automatic one game suspension.
    Walker is a loser goon with no more talent, washed up ! Who cares if he's suspended or not.  It's the principle that gets me !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Though I'm not sure "goon" is the right word cause it makes him sound tough, which he obviously is not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

http://www.firebettman.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I gotta post this.

From Sports Illustrated's Jim Kelly.
    Excellent article that pretty much sums up what we were all thinking.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_kelley/05/12/walker.decision/index.html?eref=T1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree great article.  Imagine game6 was a closer game and/or even went to overtime and Walker scores the game winner !!!  Then what ?
    I like in the article where he emphasises the rule AUTOMATIC ONE GAME SUSPENSION.

Sections
Shortcuts