Walker's wife has cancer (NOT a joke!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caniac50. Show Caniac50's posts

Walker's wife has cancer (NOT a joke!)

I know Scott Walker is not your favorite person, but some information came out today - Scott and his wife found out that she has cancer on the day off BEFORE Game 5 (the game of the punch).  I am not asking for your prayers for his wife or forgiveness on his behalf, just thought that might shed some light on why he was on such a hair trigger and over-reacted the way he did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Walker's wife has cancer (NOT a joke!)

still a supreme do.uche

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Share it on your famous, cosmopolitan Charlotte or Raleigh newspaper sports blogs...   Did this news - which is horrible even though it happened to the wife of a cheap-shot puss* -  displace the big news about the tobacco crop this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caniac50. Show Caniac50's posts

Reply to GAY Bees - you sure are a 'good' hater aren't you.  You hate Raleigh, even though you have probably never been outside of MA - my guess is you are 15 years old.  Apparently you do not know anything about anything outside of Boston.  Ask yourself why so many people from MA (and from every other NE state) are moving to Raleigh - the FASTEST growing area in the country.  You are the sort that was born in MA, will always live in MA, and will die in MA (and be bitter about it your entire life).  We have a better climate, better professional opportunities, better recreational activities, a better housing market, AND a better hockey team.  This is the third time the Canes have been to the ECF since 2002 (and both previous times we made it to the Finals).
    As far as that huge 'sucker punch' on Ward (even though Ward was looking right at him), Walker apologized to Ward - and the horrible damage?  My kid, when he was six, accidentally punched me and gave me a worse shiner than that.  
    dkrejci46 - simply pathetic.
    Hope you two, in particular, enjoy the rest of the playoffs.  Do me a favor and root for the Pens.

For the rest of the Bruins fans that see this, sorry about the salt in the wound - I just can't stand such pathetic hatred.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Reply to GAY Bees - you sure are a 'good' hater aren't you.  You hate Raleigh, even though you have probably never been outside of MA - my guess is you are 15 years old.  Apparently you do not know anything about anything outside of Boston.  Ask yourself why so many people from MA (and from every other NE state) are moving to Raleigh - the FASTEST growing area in the country.  You are the sort that was born in MA, will always live in MA, and will die in MA (and be bitter about it your entire life).  We have a better climate, better professional opportunities, better recreational activities, a better housing market, AND a better hockey team.  This is the third time the Canes have been to the ECF since 2002 (and both previous times we made it to the Finals). As far as that huge 'sucker punch' on Ward (even though Ward was looking right at him), Walker apologized to Ward - and the horrible damage?  My kid, when he was six, accidentally punched me and gave me a worse shiner than that.   dkrejci46 - simply pathetic. Hope you two, in particular, enjoy the rest of the playoffs.  Do me a favor and root for the Pens. For the rest of the Bruins fans that see this, sorry about the salt in the wound - I just can't stand such pathetic hatred.
    Posted by Caniac50

You know what's pathetic? Using a personal tragedy to justify Walker's despicable actions.

You can minimize it and make all the excuses you want. It was cowardly and disgusting. But even Walker has the class to not make excuses for himself.

The fact that you would come to a Boston site and try to preach your warped point of view then act surprised when you are met with hostility is amazing. What's the point? Why do you even care what Boston fans think of Walker? Guilty concience perhaps?

And Carolina was the #6 seed for a reason. I'll give you a hint: it's not because they are the better team.

And the GAY Bees comment pretty much says it all. You actually have the nerve to question someone's maturity after pulling a sophmoric stunt like that? Oh, Gaybee. Wow! You sure are witty and clever. 

Grow up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimmyTheGent. Show JimmyTheGent's posts

I agree. Of course most of us can sympathize with the terrible news Walker's wife got, but it's a separate thing. Would that news justify Walker going out on the street and punching any unsuspecting citizen in the face just because he felt rage and anger? Of course not!

The biggest problem I have with the whole Walker-Ward incident is the disgraceful repsonse by alleged NHL cop Colin Campbell, who is more of a Bettman stooge than a disciplinary czar. This chump deems Lucic deserves a one-game suspension for fighting off a bunch of Montreal cheap-shot artists who had been taking liberities all series long, yet allows Walker to skate on a flagrant third-man-in & sucker punch infraction. It just doesn't make any sense, unless the NHL brass is looking to give an edge to a team that might be a more exciting matchup for the Penguins.

I mean, they have to try something, since they can't get their games on a decent network and can't even figure out a way to televis one east coast and one west coast game each night so hockey fans can watch every semi-final game. Great job not having the foresight to schedule the games this way despite the three-day gaps in some schedules. Unbelievable!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from daysgoby. Show daysgoby's posts

I'll pray for her, but he still is an a ss, in my opinion.  He still sucker punched Ward, no matter.
    Always a Bruin lover, been so since the early 70's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I hate to say this, but I think the late 80s/ early 90 was the make or break time for hockey. There has never been, and probably never will be, a time when there was as much talent in the league. They had Gretzky and Lemeuix and a ton of talented players and scorers. And they still couldn't sell the game. Those great Oilers teams and then the Penguins.

As long as hockey survives I'll be happy. But I think they had thier chance to put the sport on the map and blew it. Maybe they need to butcher the game. Get rid of the blue line and completely open it up. I don't know what the answer is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ummmm thanks dafoe, but what the hell are you talking about, this is a thread about walker

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEAR812. Show BEAR812's posts

So... Let me get this straight. You are coming on this board and attempting to justify Scott Walkers actions because of some off ice problem? Really?

When my daughter was two, she was diagnosed with an incurable disease. We spent a week and a half at childrens hospital before they could figure out what was wrong with her. Do you know how stressful that was? Did I go around punching people? No. So I guess that means I have more class and restraint than your beloved Scott Walker. I truly wish his wife well. Cancer IS curable, and by beating it, maybe she'll teach her husband something about class, dignity, and courage.

As for Scott Walker and what he did and what the league did'nt do as a result of his action remains and forever will remain a disgrace. Scott is a punk. If your off ice issues were bothering you so much as to affect your on ice play, maybe you should have taken time off to attend to your wife rather than vent your frustrations with an innocent party.

There is NO excuse for what that gutless coward did. And is this finally the story he's gonna stick to? Or will it change again tomorrow? I have lost all respect for the Hartford/Carolina franchise. I find it reprhensible that you fans think its ok because his wife got some bad news and "Scotty was having a tough week". Boo Hoo. He is supposed to be a professional and seperate his game from his personal life like we seperate the bad days in our lifes from interfering with our jobs.

I can't wait till next season. I truly hope my B's make good on not forgetting or letting this go unpunished. I hope Walkers blood hits the ice and Luchic breaks his &*$!% nose! As for apologies? Means nothing. The Coward is trying to minimize the Blowback. Remember when Kris Draper shook Lemieuxs Hand after Claude boarded him in the playoffs and Broke his face? Claude got his next season... And Walker is gonna get whats coming to him too.

It cracks me up you cane fans think there is ANYTHING that excuses this, or that you can somehow sway us into seeing this as something other than what it was... A disgrace.

Furthermore, excuses are like a holes. Everyone has one, but in Scottys case he IS one.

Jesus Christ, you are stupid!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Waaaaaaaaa... Dafoe.  GABees said the news about Walker's wife is "horrible," so what bothered you?  His comment about the tobacco crop?  The slap down of a local-yokel newspaper?  You're the puss here.
    Posted by da-rivercharles

What in the hell are you talking about?!

And the off topic comment was a response to another post in the thread that mentioned the state of hockey. I wasn't trying to hijack. Sorry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Reply to GAY Bees - you sure are a 'good' hater aren't you.  You hate Raleigh, even though you have probably never been outside of MA - my guess is you are 15 years old.  Apparently you do not know anything about anything outside of Boston.  Ask yourself why so many people from MA (and from every other NE state) are moving to Raleigh - the FASTEST growing area in the country.  You are the sort that was born in MA, will always live in MA, and will die in MA (and be bitter about it your entire life).  We have a better climate, better professional opportunities, better recreational activities, a better housing market, AND a better hockey team.  This is the third time the Canes have been to the ECF since 2002 (and both previous times we made it to the Finals). As far as that huge 'sucker punch' on Ward (even though Ward was looking right at him), Walker apologized to Ward - and the horrible damage?  My kid, when he was six, accidentally punched me and gave me a worse shiner than that.   dkrejci46 - simply pathetic. Hope you two, in particular, enjoy the rest of the playoffs.  Do me a favor and root for the Pens. For the rest of the Bruins fans that see this, sorry about the salt in the wound - I just can't stand such pathetic hatred.
    Posted by Caniac50

AHHHH I knew it! I knew you wouldn't be able to hold back! You come out as a flaming jerk when your cover up attempt to make Walker the good guy is foiled. Then you go into your hoopla about how great Raleigh is and all that which no one cares about. Oh and for the record, that faqqot Walker shouldnt even have played because that was one of the cheapest plays Ive seen since Bertuzzi. Also, you may have won fair and square but guaranteed you don't have the better hockey team. GUARANTEED.

You did it like a true troll, champ!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Posted by Caniac50

Better professional opportunities...You do know that Boston has the second largest financial district in the USA, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

PLUS - Nobody cares about CaniDork50's opinion.  He needs ta share his luvs of alls things gewd in ole Raleigh with them thar folk down in dixie cause we couldn't give a rat's as*.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

What in the hell are you talking about?! And the off topic comment was a response to another post in the thread that mentioned the state of hockey. I wasn't trying to hijack. Sorry.
    Posted by dafoe

I meant to direct my comment to jerky boy Caniac50.  Sorry Dafoe!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

I know Scott Walker is not your favorite person, but some information came out today - Scott and his wife found out that she has cancer on the day off 
    Posted by Caniac50

While it explains it it does not EXCUSE it and he shouldn't be forgiven for it. ESPECIALLY when he wasn't so apologetic when he did it in the first place. All the Caniacs said Ward had it coming and it wasn't a sucker punch. Walker made every excuse in the book until game 7 THEN he decided to say he was sorry. That my friend is a guilty conscience. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I meant to direct my comment to jerky boy Caniac50.  Sorry Dafoe!
    Posted by da-rivercharles

No problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabou. Show mabou's posts

It's unfortunate when anyone is diagnosed with any form of cancer. That said, it's cowardly to use it as an excuse or justification for stupid, irresponsible behaviour. Walker, no doubt, played the "my wife has cancer" card for the league, thus enabling him to avoid the automatic one-game suspension for taking an instigator penalty in the last five minutes of a hockey game.
    If Walker can't handle the situation, it's incumbent on the team, the Hurricanes, to sit him out. It's not the league's responsibility to change the rules for him.
    This situation was badly handled by Walker, the Hurricanes, and most significantly, by the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from daysgoby. Show daysgoby's posts

It's unfortunate when anyone is diagnosed with any form of cancer. That said, it's cowardly to use it as an excuse or justification for stupid, irresponsible behaviour. Walker, no doubt, played the "my wife has cancer" card for the league, thus enabling him to avoid the automatic one-game suspension for taking an instigator penalty in the last five minutes of a hockey game. If Walker can't handle the situation, it's incumbent on the team, the Hurricanes, to sit him out. It's not the league's responsibility to change the rules for him. This situation was badly handled by Walker, the Hurricanes, and most significantly, by the league.
    Posted by mabou

Very well said mabou !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rush2112err. Show rush2112err's posts

well, if all goes well in the first canes/bruins game next season, scott walker can be carted off the ice with a concussion after getting accidentally hit from behind by lucic. who knows, maybe his wife and he can share the same hospital room for a while. wouldn't that be romantic ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

well, if all goes well in the first canes/bruins game next season, scott walker can be carted off the ice with a concussion after getting accidentally hit from behind by lucic. who knows, maybe his wife and he can share the same hospital room for a while. wouldn't that be romantic ?
    Posted by rush2112err

ahhhhhh a little too much there, might've crossed the line

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

all i have to say is HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA severs her right for getting involved with an ahole like him,that being said i hope she survives long enough to put him in the ground, after he is sucker punched and dies on the ice
    Posted by YANKEESINO8

That's horrible to say - even if kidding.  I hate that weasel Walker as much as anyone else... but that's just plain immature.  

Sections
Shortcuts