Was Chara on Drugs???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Was Chara on Drugs???

Probably the worst game that I have seen him play in the postseason!! He just wasn't into the game!!  Falling all over the place, wimpy hits, turnovers galore....I hope he brings it on Monday night because the Bruins NEED him to play if they want to finish this series.  The soft turnover in OT directly lead to the winning goal....shame on you big Z, ya should'a had it deep!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

Re: Was Chara on Drugs???

I noticed he looked exhausted. too many minutes adding up...or an undisclosed injury maybe?...but you are right, he was terrible

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

i agree he had a bad game, but it happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

love the big man,but he was exhausted in the OT, his lazy pass & non hit on richards on the blue line was the goal....when richards took his turnover into the zone  chara should have taken richards to the boards & not allow him to have his head up looking for a pass....with him chasing him with his stick & then peeling off him you know he was whooped

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

He looked tired.  Don't forget that one of their goals deflect on Stuart and it was his first game back.  I expect him to log more minutes next game which should take some pressure off Chara and Boychuk!q

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

CHARA DON'T DO DRUGS and this is stuipid. The man has played alot of minutes and made a mistake, but it did not cost us a series only a game. I am sure the Bruins have learned from this and will make ajustments. OT is a crap shoot and we lost this one. We will have be tighter on D and have everyone on the same page.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Chara was definitely tired or hurt and had a very bad game.  I believe he wasn't even on in the OT powerplay.  Hope he is not injured because both he and Rask have to be better on monday.

Matt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No worries ...  they have an extra day, Chara will rest, Rask will get his day ,  Stu will be better and last.... this is a momentum killer for the Flyers.
    GO BRUINS !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Was Chara on Drugs???:
    No worries ...they have an extra day, Chara will rest, Rask will get his day ,  Stu will be better and last.... this is a momentum killer for the Flyers.GO BRUINS!!!Posted by BsLegion

Yah know I was thinking the same thing last night, Legion. These are the days of TV marketing and stretching the series out as long as they can for advertisers. This will help the road wary Bruins. I remember all the negative doom and gloomers who said that the Sabres had turned the series around after game 5.

No way does Tuukka and Boston's D lose 4 in a row not happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Not on drugs for sure, but on that last goal, he coughed up the puck and couldn't be bothered to make the effort to take out his him man who promptly passed to one player then to Gange and score!!!!!! Not a good few moments for Chara to be sure! But also, where was any other Bruin on Gange?? Hmmmmmmm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SebasCHno1. Show SebasCHno1's posts

In Response to Re: Was Chara on Drugs??? : Yah know I was thinking the same thing last night, Legion. These are the days of TV marketing and stretching the series out as long as they can for advertisers. This will help the road wary Bruins. I remember all the negative doom and gloomers who said that the Sabres had turned the series around after game 5. No way does Tuukka and Boston's D lose 4 in a row not happening.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin
    Maybe his private life is asking too much of him:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

He did drag a leg off the ice early in the 1st period after going hard into the boards legs first and he missed a shift or two following it.  

Maybe he was a little tweaked for game, but no one can say he didn't look sluggish and clumsy and that he didn't make a few bad decisions on outlet passes as game wore on. 

I hope the two days off and a home game energizes everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

why everbody seem to me scared of losing this roud we're 3-1 guys!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

He's a human being, not a machine, and he's playing 30 minutes a game (always against the oppposition's top players, who don't hesitate to whack and slash the hell out of him, BTW) for a short-handed defense. And you say shame on him? Good God.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bennyjo30. Show bennyjo30's posts

I think you are being a little too hard on Chara. He may have been tired towards the end, yes, but he clocked in about 35 minutes that game. He's also the reason why we weren't down 3-0 in the beginning of the game. You should analyze the whole game, not just the very last play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Why isn't anyone saying how the B's missed the opportunity of scoring on the pp in OT? Blaming Chara, Wideman, Stuart, Rask is so ridiculous! One play didn't lose this game people! Shake your heads. Not every single player will be perfect every game!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Not on drugs for sure, but on that last goal, he coughed up the puck and couldn't be bothered to make the effort to take out his him man who promptly passed to one player then to Gange and score!!!!!! Not a good few moments for Chara to be sure! But also, where was any other Bruin on Gange?? Hmmmmmmm
    Posted by jozee76

Where was the other Bruin when Gagne scored? You might know the answer but I was furious to watch Gagne lose Wideman on that play. The B's put a lot of emotion in that game and when they failed on the PP they went into a lull.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Was Chara on Drugs??? : Where was the other Bruin when Gagne scored? You might know the answer but I was furious to watch Gagne lose Wideman on that play. The B's put a lot of emotion in that game and when they failed on the PP they went into a lull.
    Posted by jwb413

Wideman did not make a mistake. He moved up to cover Richards who skated past Chara.  Gagne was by the net and shanked the puck barely past Tuuka.    

Stuart made two poor plays resulting in goals.  Yet, I am pleased he is back in the lineup no matter what.  

Go Bruins!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Wow....to all of the guys that are picking up for Chara in response to my original post, I am simply stating that Chara had a BAD game!!  It happens to the best of them, I know that ...but saying that he was tired is not an excuse for Chara! As you all know, he is a fitness FANATIC and 30 minutes a game to him is normal, he has been doing it forever!!  Saying that getting hit, hacked and slashed isn't a factor either...it happens to him EVERY game!!  I am just saying that for a Norris Trophy winner when he gained the red line he had an opportunity to have the puck deep and he had a brain f@rt and turned it over!!That soft play directly led to the goal by Philly.  I am not panicking and I believe that he will be better on Monday and the Bruins should take the series at home no problem. Chara has to play like he does most nights and shut down the other teams offence and blast a few from the point every now and then....I didn't see him do that last game.

As for the title..."Is Chara on Drugs??"...only an idiot would think that I seriously believe Chara does drugs!! Its a figure of speech, something to get others attention, creative writing or whatever you want to call it.  He is one of the most dedicated athletes to ever lace up a pair of skates when it comes to his fitness...he is in TOP physical shape.

In my opinion, he f%#ked up.  No big deal...he's not God (Bobby Orr) but I would love to see a better effort on Monday.

Peace!! Hahaha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

way to back up your thread....pathetic....the B's are up 3-1, and some fans on this board are thinking 4-0 sweeps are something that happen every day for a 6th seed that couldn't string 4 wins together in the reg. season but once?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

If I were Philly I would hit every Bruin out there.  Without Krecji the Bruins can't even set up on the powerplay let alone get a good chance.  If Savard was back to his old self may be, but as we can see he is still a long way from being the Savard from Last year.  Not panicking yet because I think Rask is twice as good than Boucher and he should be able to steal us a game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Of course it's the whole team and not just one player's lose.

I don't think anyone on this string is implying it was all Chara’s fault.

The string is about Chara’s play in this game. It’s a fair fan string, Chara wears the “C” like Richard’s, the Crosby’s, the Ovechkin’s, etc… fans want to see their teams’ captain carry the team in key moments throughout the playoffs.

The question I wonder about; Is Chara's built and does he have the DNA to play 30+ plus minutes and play at his best????Heck, I don't know for sure and you'd have to ask those that skate with him daily and his coaches, but if you ask (as this string does) about Chara’s game 4 play we can all get in on that question……. He was clumsy and he did fall a few times (and those falls didn’t look graceful, he sort of tripped over his own feet), and he looked like he lacked some energy and he made a few “questionable” 2nd round playoff type plays. No one can dispute all that,.  Is he hurt? ...is he tired? ....does he make metal mistakes when he tired, etc….... I’m not sure, but something was up in his game 4 play, right?

My sense is that the players on the ice at that key moment thought Chara was going to make the typical play, which more often than not in a playoff OT game is make the red line, send it deep into the corner and forcheck hard for a turnover-----unless of course there enough open ice to carry it in for the skill level of the puck carrier. 

I think his on-ice teammates skating at the time were setting up to chase Chara's dump in and had their momentum set in that direction, yet they may have been caught off guard at what amounted to a "tape to tape" turnover up center ice from Chara to Carle.  No one had enough time to react to Carle’s great decision and great pass turning a Bs breakout into an "alone in front" chance for Gagne!
    Chara either 1) misfired/fanned on the dump-in, 2) just made a mistake or 3) took a chance to send it deep down the middle ---- either way it was HUGE RISK AT THAT SPOT IN THE GAME that didn’t turn out so good. One could compare Chara’s game 4 play to Pronger’s and/or to Carle’s and we would have to say that Pronger and Carle came up BIG in game 4 for Philly while Chara, well … not so much.If Chara is not built or doesn’t have the DNA for 30+ plus minutes, then CJ needs to find the right minute level for him!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Tell you what, when Chara comes up from his defensive position to score a goal or a make a play down low that helps the B's win a game, will all you guys post a thread about how important the guy is? Ray Bourque coughed up the puck more than any Hall of Fame defenseman (ok, Coffey did it more), but my point is that guys who play 30 minutes a game are naturally going to make more mistakes than most other players. It's osmosis. The more you play, the more chances you are going to make. He wears the C is one of the dumbest ways to evaluate a player. You really think in the lockerroom, guys go, "Oh my god, our captain is sucking out there, I can't play to my abilities when he isn't at a Norris level every shift."
    He coughed up the puck IN OVERTIME....it was late, it was closing in on the game's 78th minute. The team doesn't play that in reg. season, you see they only allow 65 minutes of actual play maximum. Enough Chara bashing, I'm sick of it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Of course it's the whole team and not just one player's lose. I don't think anyone on this string is implying it was all Chara’s fault. The string is about Chara’s play in this game. It’s a fair fan string, Chara wears the “C” like Richard’s, the Crosby’s, the Ovechkin’s, etc… fans want to see their teams’ captain carry the team in key moments throughout the playoffs. The question I wonder about; Is Chara's built and does he have the DNA to play 30+ plus minutes and play at his best???? Heck, I don't know for sure and you'd have to ask those that skate with him daily and his coaches, but if you ask (as this string does) about Chara’s game 4 play we can all get in on that question……. He was clumsy and he did fall a few times ( and those falls didn’t look graceful, he sort of tripped over his own feet ), and he looked like he lacked some energy and he made a few “questionable” 2nd round playoff type plays. No one can dispute all that,.  Is he hurt? ...is he tired? ....does he make metal mistakes when he tired, etc….... I’m not sure, but something was up in his game 4 play, right? My sense is that the players on the ice at that key moment thought Chara was going to make the typical play, which more often than not in a playoff OT game is make the red line, send it deep into the corner and forcheck hard for a turnover-----unless of course there enough open ice to carry it in for the skill level of the puck carrier.  I think his on-ice teammates skating at the time were setting up to chase Chara's dump in and had their momentum set in that direction, yet they may have been caught off guard at what amounted to a "tape to tape" turnover up center ice from Chara to Carle.  No one had enough time to react to Carle’s great decision and great pass turning a Bs breakout into an "alone in front" chance for Gagne! Chara either 1) misfired/fanned on the dump-in, 2) just made a mistake or 3) took a chance to send it deep down the middle ---- either way it was HUGE RISK AT THAT SPOT IN THE GAME that didn’t turn out so good. One could compare Chara’s game 4 play to Pronger’s and/or to Carle’s and we would have to say that Pronger and Carle came up BIG in game 4 for Philly while Chara, well … not so much. If Chara is not built or doesn’t have the DNA for 30+ plus minutes, then CJ needs to find the right minute level for him!
    Posted by mxx

If the B's score pn the PP like they should have; this long winded writing would'nt have happened. We we wouldn't be taking about Chara falling a few times. If Stuart didn't leave Grioux all alone in front of the net, If the puck didn't go off his skate, If Rask made the needed save against Briere, we wouldn't be talking about Chara's mistake. Regardless of he's wearing the C or not. It doesn't make him mistake free! To blame this loss on him is just plain stupid, stupid, stupid! And I don't care how you try to be impressive with your long detailed intelligence. All that shows you really don't have much to try & pin an OT loss on a single player!
    And when you have to go on & on to try & prove your point it's usually what people who need an enema do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Where were you all season nitemare-38?????????????

Most people on here blamed Ryder, Wideman or Sturm for EVERY loss during the regular season!! Only a few guys actually defended them and valiantly brought up this "team concept" idea!!  Wow...cutting edge for this board!!

I still stand by my original post....Chara f*%ked up and it lead to the OT winning goal. Plain and simple, cut and dry, lets all move on and hope he's ready for tonight.  I agree that its a team game and other players didn't do their jobs on the ice either, but his soft turnover started the calamity of events.