Was the 2008-09 Season a Fluke?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roosevelt45. Show Roosevelt45's posts

Was the 2008-09 Season a Fluke?

I believe that the Bruins are better that what they current record shows. However, perhaps this club is not as good as we thought it was at the end of last season. Krejci, even though has shown brilliance last year, has yet to prove himself has a number #1 center. Ryder had a good season last year but remain a streaky and inconsistent player. As for Tim Thomas, it is almost near impossible to repeat his 2008-09 performance.

Fans use injuries for excuses. I don't buy it. Look at the Ottawa Sens who missed Alfredsson, Spezza, Michaelek and other key players for a good part of the season. All clubs experience injuries during a season. If one player like Marc Savard makes all the differences, it means that there is something wrong.

What the current season proves is that the Bruins do not have depth to contend for the Cup. That being said, all is not wrong if they can use the draft to build on their foundations as the Caps and Penguins did. There is hope for the future...however we have to forget the 2009-10 season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

Re: Was the 2008-09 Season a Fluke?

Obviously

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

you have to remember that last season was a tale of 2  the 1st 65 games the b,s were 40-15 then last 29 games they went 14-15 & have yet to regain that magic that they had the first part of the year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

played alot of games against the week southeast division to start last year which helped.
    maybe PC can get bettman to switch us with washington.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

They overacheived last season (for several reasons), set expectations very high, and then didn't improve the club, especially offensively, over the offseason.  The tumble down the standings this year has hardly surprised me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

its playing as a team and playing within the system...this year there not doing either,throw in lack of talent voila this year is done

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

so ya kinda fluke

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

It is sad. I really thought that would be the return of the Big Bad Bruins.

Unfortunately not.

And the hockey fans in Boston continue to suffer. :/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

They are playing like they did 2 years ago, at least then they won the odd game.  I'm baffled, I keep waiting for them to turn it around, doesn't look good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

yes  it was a fluke  i was expectng them to be in the middle of the pack last yr as they  were thi year unti the wheels feel off

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

bunch of overachievers last year! They got what they wanted, longterm contracts. I think we are the losers who keep getting dragged back season after season. Yeah, I`m pretty bitter right now!

Sections
Shortcuts