Washington = San Jose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

Washington = San Jose

That is all....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Washington = San Jose

all them points and wins don,t mean a thing come playoff time  choke by the caps

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree!  Playoffs are not about skills it is about will!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i was thinking the same thing...teams win...the Habs played like a team and won....The caps were a bunch of individuals with no heart and failed...I actually cheer for Washington as a second team b/c they are exciting to watch...but watching this series something stuck out...they didnt have a fighter in that lineup all year long and had no hard hitting puck blocking dman...its fine to have all this nice talent but you need foot soldiers and Washington only has a couple...

Philly Boston...tell me this isnt bringing back 70's hockey...The bruins are favored and should if all things work out go to the conference finals again...imagine if they could meet Montreal...

God I love hockey

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Why is everyone on here shocked? Caps thought they could go far thinking they would score 7 goals a night in the playoffs. Their 25th ranked penalty kill was a hard obstacle to overcome. Im not shocked at all.

As for philadelphia and boston, I hope the winner of this series represents the east in the stanley cup finals. I know a lot of people on these boards hate them but they are one of the two teams I root for if the bruins are out(the other being SJ). It should be a great series and I think the bruins take it in 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Re: Washington = San Jose:
    i was thinking the same thing...teams win...the Habs played like a team and won....The caps were a bunch of individuals with no heart and failed...I actually cheer for Washington as a second team b/c they are exciting to watch...but watching this series something stuck out...they didnt have a fighter in that lineup all year long and had no hard hitting puck blocking dman...its fine to have all this nice talent but you need foot soldiers and Washington only has a couple... Philly Boston...tell me this isnt bringing back 70's hockey...The bruins are favored and should if all things work out go to the conference finals again...imagine if they could meet Montreal... God I love hockey
    Posted by shuperman

I know you and morphosis are huge mike green fans and I know the playoffs are not supposed to influence the norris trophy race, but I want to ask you shuperman, did your opinion of green, both offensively and defensively, change at all after watching this series?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The Caps problem is coaching....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

2-7 in Game 7's all time, never winning one after the 1st round. And 0-1 in Game 5 eliminations (going back to the 80s)

2-8 alltime in series-deciding games. Not good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Alexander Semin ZERO goals in his last 14 playoff games oooops.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

mike,

I actually don't like Green...back in my days I was a basic stay at home dman...I appreciate what Hal Gill did more than anyone not named Halak in that series...

I know what green is...I know he isnt a above avg defender...but stats alone make him the odds on favorite to win the Norris...its hard to deny 20 goals/70 pts and a +35...his skating and ability to move the puck is a part of the game as well...my opinion offensively hasnt changed...Green still carried the play and made things happen...does this mean that Ovie shouldnt be up for the Hart...and speaking of that...its normally the top point producers...do you really think that Ovie is a complete player in his own end as well?  Maybe he shouldnt be there and a guy like Backstrom should be...those awards don't mean much...they should have the players vote them...in which case Miller likely wins...

You ask me if I think Green is the best Dman in the league...for this year I do...would he be my 1st choice as a dman...no...there are easily 20 dman I would rather have...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If I am the GM of Washinton I cut lose guys like Poti, Theo etc etc...I know it was a 2-1 game but Alzner and Carslon are studs for them...hello 2nd d-pairing...Green and Shultz and then two solid hard noised guys like Volchenkov or Sutton.

Semin would be dangled to anyone needing goals...he has a year left on his deal...they need a second line center badly...The 1st line is obviously outstanding but they need a productve 2nd line center and an enforcer...more Canadian players...guys who will dive in front of pucks to win...team Euro doesnt work unless you are in Detroit

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Now is there anybody on the Caps team that we can trade for, as I think the Caps chocked largely from their coaching (no clue on defensive systems or ability to make adjustments to what Montreal was doing)? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Collapse with a Capital C lol....!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueyedmannyfan. Show blueyedmannyfan's posts

You mean Washington = BOSTON

Montreal Beat #1 seed Boston when they were an #8 in 2002 and Beat the Bruins when they were a #7 seed in 2004

Sections
Shortcuts