We are far enough along this season I think it is time for the I told you so thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

We are far enough along this season I think it is time for the I told you so thread

Last year discussing Goaltending I said the Bruins would be better off letting TT go to free agency and signing Craig Anderson as a free agent to platoon with Rask.

Anderson  cost 1.8 million  GA 2.43 SV% 0.925
    Thomas    cost 6.0 million  GA 2.52 Sv% 0.915

So if we had Anderson we would be getting better goaltending and saving 4.2 million dollars. Plus we would have had 3.2 million in extra cap space that we could have used to sign better free agents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SammySrx. Show SammySrx's posts

Re: We are far enough along this season I think it is time for the I told you so thread

Heck I would have been happy if they Kept Auld and he split time with Rask this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: We are far enough along this season I think it is time for the I told you so thread

A player succeeding for one team does not mean he'd succeed elsewhere, especially goaltenders.  Yes, Anderson is having a great season, but that doesn't mean he'd be  posting the same exact numbers in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

you are right "not a shot".....i would say they would probably be better with the b,s fortress defense.....put thomas on colorado & you think his numbers would compare to anderson,s?  thats a few million $$$$ question right there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

When you play with a lead it is easier to keep your average down, the d can just dump it out instead of trying to control the play and then your save percentage goes up as most shots come from outside and you get more scoring opportunites on 3-2 and 2-1 as D are pinching.

We were able to do this last year when we were scoring goals just like Col is able to do this year.

A game in point is just the last game when Was scored to go up 2-1 we were not able to get as much sustained pressure and Was was able to get more breakouts as we opened it up.

If we were playing with a lead at all our D play in their system and our average goes down and save % up just like we were doing when we were 7-8 games above 500, unlike the last 12 games.

Goaltending is not the problem. It all comes back to scoring.