We're delusional!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

We're delusional!!

Fellow Bruins fans, please stop the childish trade speculation.   Stop whining about how poorly the team is playing.   Stop complaining how poorly Wideman, Ryder, and everyone else is playing.   Stop hallucinating that Kolvy will be here in the fresh wearing a big bad B.  Face reality and look yourself in the mirror.  You paid for this team.  Your ticket paid for this team.   Are you happy with this team ?

The fact of the matter is, it is a known fact that no prize free agent or players want to come to play in Boston!   It's as simple as that.   Who in their right mind trades away players like Joe Thorton, Phil Kessel, Bill Guerin (in his prime)!  What kind of message does that send to the rest of the league ? 

Ask yourself a very simple question.  When was the last prize free agent the Bruins landed ?  I don't even count Chara in that league   Wink    He's overrated.  He isn't even in the top 40 amongst the +/- and there are 14 defensemen in the top 40.    Not 1 single Bruins is in the top 40 in +/-.   

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/points/sort/plusMinus/year/2010/seasontype/2

We're delusional!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: We're delusional!!

First, no one is beyond trading.  The deal with trading is getting more than you give, you accomplish that, and you win the trading game.
    Joe Thornton - I didn't like Joe, but the trade was idiotic, they received far too little in reutrn for him.  That was Sinden and mini-me MOC.  That was then, this is now.  I hated the team and organization then.
    Phil Kessel - whatever your opinion, 2 first round picks wins that trade game for us.  More unhappy Leafs fans about that trade than there are Bruins fans.

Bill Guerin was signed as a FA by the Stars, he was not traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[he only won the Norris last year]

Nice post from you too broheim.  Lindstrom 6-time winner.  Bourque 4 times!   Even Chelios won it twice!

Where's he this year ?    Wait, he isn't even in the top-40 in assist and he's a PRIZE free agent ?   Delusional!

[Joe Thorton, 1 playoff series win since he left with a stacked team]

He's #3 in points.   What is the title of this discussion ?  Delusional!  What does the Bruins desperately need right now ?  Ahh, urrghh, I don't know, any player with a 98 degree body temperature ?   No delusional fan, someone who can put points on the board.  Oh!  right!  Is #3 in points a lot of points ?  Huh, I don't know, you tell me delusional fan ?

[Kessel ha ha thats funny, the Leafs are worse in points this year with him]

What is the title of this discussion ?  Delusional!   He only has 30 points which would put him 2nd in the current Bruins team in points AND he's playing on the WORSE team in the league!!   Thank you for making my point.    Hahaha, that IS  funny!

[Bill Guerrinn??? that was 12 yrs ago, get over it,]

Delusional is forgetting or refuse to remember the past so you let it happen over and over and over again in the future thus the definition of delusion!

* Get over it * is another "inconvenient truth" broheim!  In other words, someone is BS'ing you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Both Thornton and Kessel were good moves.  Thornton forgets where his game is when its playoff time and we didn't give up a whole lot with the Kessel trade.  We actually stand to gain alot.  The talent in this years draft is the best it's been in 7 years. This is what that draft looked like, to name a few:

First rounders - Marc-Andre Fleury, Eric Staal, Nathan Horton, Thomas Vanek, Dion Phaneuf, Jeff Carter, Brent Seabrook, Zach Parise, Eric Fehr, Ryan Getzlaf, Mark Stuart, Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Patrick Eaves..

Second rounders - Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, David Backes

Third rounders  - Daniel Carcillo, Colin Fraser

Forth rounder   - Byron Bitz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

The Bruins overachieved in the regular season last year.  This season, they lost experience and skill (a.k.a. talent) in the forward corps, Chara is nowhere near as effective as last year, and the goaltending isn't bailing them out enough.  The tumble down the standings is not surprising to me.  All the hope being pinned on the upcoming drafts with all the picks in hand is interesting to read here, but will the organization, the Boston media, and the fans be patient enough to allow these picks to develop and flourish?  Or will the picks be rushed into trying to produce a Cup before their time? Should be an interesting couple of years for this to play out....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[nbf - not sure what the love affair is with Thorton, once again great regular season , no finish in the post season, seem to recall a 7 game series with the Habs where he had 0 points, that is almost impossible for a #1 center with all the powerplay time.]

Not a love affair, just pointing out a pattern here.  The refusal to pay market value to bonafide, proven players!   Just wait and watch when Krecji, Lucic and Savard's contracts come due in a few years!  I love Bergeron but if they could unload him, they would love to but he's damaged product.

[Being from Southern Ontarion I get all the Leaf news, Leaf Nation is already tired of Kessel who all of a sudden isnt the medias best friend. Sound familar. Coach has even called him out in practice and he responded with 1 more goal in the next 7 games, pretty good for 5-6 million a year, both 1st rounds we get could be busts or average and the Bruins still win.]

Would you be happy playing for the worse team in the league ?  Maybe he's trying to get himself traded by being a distraction ?

[Focus on some of the contracts the Bruins have handed out. Thomas 5 yrs / Savard 7 yrs, that will soon be the issue as these players are in there 30s now and will tie up a lot of cap. We will need the draft picks to play in order to be under the cap.]

Right, draft picks!  How far did that get the Celtics before they got KG & RA ?   Don't be delusional.   You obviously need draft picks to retool and restock, that's blatantly obvious.   However, you also don't ship out bonafide players because they demand market value for their talent.  Disregard the current economic environment, would you work for a company if you know full well that you're underpaid ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NYC, you know so much about hockey.  Please tell me who the Bruins got in return for Bill Guerin.

Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[The Bruins overachieved in the regular season last year.  This season, they lost experience and skill (a.k.a. talent) in the forward corps, Chara is nowhere near as effective as last year, and the goaltending isn't bailing them out enough.  The tumble down the standings is not surprising to me.  All the hope being pinned on the upcoming drafts with all the picks in hand is interesting to read here, but will the organization, the Boston media, and the fans be patient enough to allow these picks to develop and flourish?]

Blueeyeguy, u're too PC to tell them what they need to hear!  The best this organization can come up with was Satan to "help" this team.   Even the players can see the frikkin writing on the wall.   The fan base is just too delusional.

Pinning your hope on draft picks is once again a sign of delusion.   The fan base is hoping a Sydney Crosby will miraculous appear in this year's "abundance of talent" draft.    Sheer delusion!  

[Or will the picks be rushed into trying to produce a Cup before their time? Should be an interesting couple of years for this to play out]

Exactly Blueeyedguy!!!   When you don't have bonafide players to hold the team together while you let draft picks develop, it's a foregone conclusion.   Wait, let's see, draft picks.  Where's 07 1st rounder Zach Hammill ?  Can't say #8 overall isn't high enough!   Right, he's in Providence playing w/the baby Bruins.  Oh, how frikkin cute!  05 1st rounder Matt Lashoff!  Who ?  06 1st rounder Phil Kessell, right, traded. 03 1st rounder Stuart, one heck of a defenseman hah ?

Delusional!  The inabillity to see what's right in front of their eyes is also another definition of delusion.   Draft picks, yeah, there's always next year and the year after that and after that and after that.

[ NYC, you know so much about hockey.  Please tell me who the Bruins got in return for Bill Guerin.]

Where did I say I know so much about hockey ?   Wasn't Guerin a FA ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Who in their right mind trades away players like Joe Thorton, Phil Kessel, Bill Guerin (in his prime)!" NYC

1.  The Thornton trade was terrible, not because they traded him, but because of the return.

2.  Kessel was in his prime...in his second year?

3.  Guerin wasn't traded.  He signed with Dallas for five years, $45MM.  He choked there and proved the B's were right.  He wasn't worth half of that contract.

You should read more and post less.  You don't really know what you're talking about here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

nycbruinsfan.
    you need to read more than you write.  Right now you are writing more than you are reading.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[Guerin wasn't traded.  He signed with Dallas for five years, $45MM.  He choked there and proved the B's were right.  He wasn't worth half of that contract.]

Yes, they didn't trade him away.  But the fact still stands.  They didn't resign him.

[Kessel was in his prime...in his second year?]

Didn't say Kessel was in his prime, I said Guerin was in his prime.  You need to read more and post less ;)

[The Thornton trade was terrible, not because they traded him, but because of the return.]

Huh ?  What's the difference if you what you get back in return isn't worth the paper that the deal was sign on ?

I give up!  Now you and Badhab (same poster ?) since both of you are making the same point that I need to read more, are not even engaging in the discussion but bringing up points that doesn't even make sense like "he was not traded", "the return was bad but not the trade."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

nyc you are paranoid, multiple people are telling you the same thing.  You are all over the place.

I'll just respond to a couple, a #8 pick, no, it is not high enough.  If you have read any or my posts or looked at the draft history, it would be a very unusual year for a #8 pick to go straight to the nhl.  This coming year for example, only 3, Hall, Fowler and Seguin.

Guerin was not traded, he was signed as a FA by Dallas.  That was part of the brain dead strategy pre-lockout of Sinden/MoC, they figured there would be a million FA to sign dirt cheap after the cap was in place.  They counted on a cap of about 35 mil, and even if they got that, their strategy was doomed.  None the less, Dallas overpaid in any event.  The Bruins were right for that particular instance, even though the overall strategy was doomed.

Again, Thornton was Sinden/MOC and not the current regime.  thornton is an underachiever, but still puts up great regular season points, i.e. not a playoff or big game player, having said that, he was worth more than sturm, primeau and stuart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's didn't resign Guerin because his contract demands were outrageous.  The Stars paid him...for three years and then bought him out.  His best year was his contract year, after that he was very, very, very overpaid.  Why would you want that on the B's?

(my mistake on the Kessel in his prime post)

Trading Joe Thornton was a fantastic idea.  He had worn out his welcome here, had a terrible attitude and choked under pressure.  The problem with that deal was that MOC didn't shop him around.  He simply made a deal with SJ.  They could have gotten more in return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

>>Blueeyeguy, u're too PC to tell them what they need to hear! 

I've been called a lot of things, but Politically Correct isn't one of them....hahaha!  I do agree, however, that I do go easy here in my commentary.  There is a very fine line to walk when trying to say what I'm thinking in a way that reaches the most people without sounding either teenaged stupid or ruthlessly arrogant (or be so obnoxious as to be booted from the board by its admins).  I try to say my peace, present decently researched and reasonable facts when needed, and hope to reach just one person who I see as being a bit misguided in their attitude on a given topic.  I could go all-out troll and rip apart nearly every delusional post on this board, but I don't have the time or energy to do so.  Who does? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dojo30,

Do you remember when, as the captain of the team, he skirted out the back door after losing to the Habs in the playoffs?  Do you remember when Lindros broke his face and upon return he became a sally?  Do you remember when he would virtually disappear on the ice whenever the pressure was high?

Bruins fans were sick of his whiny attitude.  He was playing with zero emotion.  He had to go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

As a season ticket holder, my ticket is stamped and paid for, thus I go!  That said, I will not be returning next year with this same team.  If they don't trade then we are in the same boat for the next couple of years.  Althogh we have pics, which is nice, it's still going to take a couple of years for them to develop.  After watching the Junior Olympics, even Hall is going to take time to make an impact in this league. 

I say take a chance on Kolvy this year and hope to sign him for a few more.  If they don't sign him long term then so what!  Are we really going to miss those third liners that we have?

Poor money mgmt in the front office.  With Tukka doing so well in the A then why and sign Thomas for that long and that much?  Chara is not a captain period!  In fact, I think the only player who wears a "B" with pride is Shawn Thornton.  Trade Chara and Thomas now, sign Kolvy and lets worry about the end of this season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

This one is for you Not-a-shot who "believes" the sal cap is an issue, don't say I didn't tell you so!

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/index.php/site/comments/nhl_team_payrolls_since_1989_90/106-2008-09

Read'em and weep my broheim!   Pre-lock out, sal cap BS, the Bruins have always  been in the MIDDLE of the pack in terms of spending.  Always have, always will!   Just compare the league average per year against what the Bruins was spending that year.  Either they are a little above or a little below!  Then compare the salary to the Red Wings.  Wait, the Red Wings have more cups!!    What do you know ?   Right, the sal cap is the issue!  Idiot.

Delusional is when you refuse to believe what is right in front of your eyes, clear as day!!   Right, I don't know my hockey and I'm a 12-year old.   Well this 12-year old is a lot smarter and more wise than you broheim!

Peace out delusional Bruins fan!

Last post from me on the discussion.   The point is abundantly clear.

For you own wallet sake, TAKE THE RED PILL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[As a season ticket holder, my ticket is stamped and paid for, thus I go!  That said, I will not be returning next year with this same team.  If they don't trade then we are in the same boat for the next couple of years.  Althogh we have pics, which is nice, it's still going to take a couple of years for them to develop.  After watching the Junior Olympics, even Hall is going to take time to make an impact in this league. 

I say take a chance on Kolvy this year and hope to sign him for a few more.  If they don't sign him long term then so what!  Are we really going to miss those third liners that we have?

Poor money mgmt in the front office.  With Tukka doing so well in the A then why and sign Thomas for that long and that much?  Chara is not a captain period!  In fact, I think the only player who wears a "B" with pride is Shawn Thornton.  Trade Chara and Thomas now, sign Kolvy and lets worry about the end of this season.]

Finally someone talking some sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NYC,

It's well documents that the B's weren't heavy spenders in the pre-cap era.

Today, you are crying about the B's not spending as much as they can.  The only problem with your argument is that the B's are spending as much as they can.  I'm not sure where the confusion is.

You can post salary stats for 1991, but the discussion is today's team.  How would you like the Bruins to spend more money TODAY?

Do you think the salary cap doesn't exist?

LOL

12 year old.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[I've been called a lot of things, but Politically Correct isn't one of them....hahaha!  I do agree, however, that I do go easy here in my commentary.  There is a very fine line to walk when trying to say what I'm thinking in a way that reaches the most people without sounding either teenaged stupid or ruthlessly arrogant (or be so obnoxious as to be booted from the board by its admins).  I try to say my peace, present decently researched and reasonable facts when needed, and hope to reach just one person who I see as being a bit misguided in their attitude on a given topic.  I could go all-out troll and rip apart nearly every delusional post on this board, but I don't have the time or energy to do so.  Who does? ]

I completely agree re: "I try to say my peace, present decently researched and reasonable facts when needed, and hope to reach just one person who I see as being a bit misguided in their attitude on a given topic."   That was all I wanted to do.

The misguided attitude here is that we, Bruins fans, are delusional thinking it's the  playerss fault.  Yes, it is but do you blame the driver for losing the race if he is driving a Pinto in a race that has a few Lambos ?   A Ryder isn't a Kessel, period.  The discussion is clear as day.   Don't hate the playa (me), playa, hate the game!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[Today, you are crying about the B's not spending as much as they can.  The only problem with your argument is that the B's are spending as much as they can.  I'm not sure where the confusion is.

You can post salary stats for 1991, but the discussion is today's team.  How would you like the Bruins to spend more money TODAY?]

Golly, your thinking IS that SIMPLE.  Spending as much money as they can as in quantity!  I want then to shell out big doughs to lure big PRIZE FAs, not a bunch of journeymen!   I really have to spell out everything for you don't I.   The reason they are doing this is for security reasons.   They don't believe in big PRIZE FAs because it's a never ending cycle of having to pay more for them once their contract expires!   It's more ECONOMICAL to get a bunch of journeymen!  READ BETWEEN THE LINE!   Geeeesus!

Seriously, enough not-a-shot!  Done.   U'll never get it.  I was in your state of mind years ago refusing to believe.   You'll see eventually.    Enjoy many more years of disappointment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ok, so contradictory to what you said earlier, you don't want them to spend more money.  You want them to spend their money wisely.

I agree with that.

As for your economical statement, it makes no sense.  They can only spend so much.  It's called a salary cap.  It exists.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[Ok, so contradictory to what you said earlier]

Read my post on the "TD sellout" discussion.  It isn't a contradictory if you understand the point.  They were AT the sal cap right b4 the lockout but at least 9 or 10 teams were spending more than them.   The sal cap was very close to the average for the 05-06 season hence the Bruins were perfectly position!   But you believe they are already spending at the cap which is TRUE but it's an inconvenience truth, again, open your eyes!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The sal cap was very close to the average for the 05-06 season hence the Bruins were perfectly position!   But you believe they are already spending at the cap which is TRUE but it's an inconvenience truth, again, open your eyes!

I don't even know what that means.

Broheim, money ain't the problem here.  Pick another spot because there are plenty of them.  In fact, you have the least arguement complaining about money.

If the Bruins have such a bad rep, why did Blake Wheeler sign here?  He could have signed with any other team in the league, he was a 5th overall pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As far as reading other posts go, please read more of my 1050 plus posts.

Someone has been taking too man RED pills.

Sections
Shortcuts