What a Game!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Re: What a Game!!!

Just budwiser and jamisons whiskey

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

In Response to Re: What a Game!!!:
    Just budwiser and jamisons whiskey
    Posted by MILANlucic17

Close enough my fellow Bruins fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

In Response to Re: What a Game!!! : Close enough my fellow Bruins fan.
    Posted by deejm2112

be happy my fellow spoked b brother and enjoy the ride.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Wow! I'm 5 hours ahead here and was still shattered from watching the whole game on Monday. I went to bed at the end of the 2nd hoping the Bruins would come back (but realistically Miller was stealing the game with an amazing performance). I never expected to be waking up to a double OT victory.

I'm loving the never say die attitude of this team. I also love the way guys like Bergy, Sob, Begin, Ryder, Rex, Hunwick  (too many more to list) are stepping up and having a great series.

Tuukka has been huge too. The scrambling diving stop was pure Floppy Wink and his stick handling has improved loads too. They've taken a very talented kid and made him even better. He matched Miller all the way and that's really saying something!

The way the Sabres heads went down at the end was very telling. Can't see them coming back now. Let's get this thing wrapped up at the weekend!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

One of the best-played, nail-biting, white-knuckled, can-you-believe-these-goalies?-hockey games I've ever seen.

I was convinced it was ultimately going to be Buffalo's night after Miller made that ridiculous glove save on Satan's backhander in the 3rd (but the Rask/Chara double-dive save in the 3rd was just as good, I suppose), but oh my. They actually came through with the win.

Two more things: 1) This series is so tight, the teams playing so equally well, and the goalies so phenomenal, I don't feel the Bruins have it wrapped up yet, despite loving the fact they're up 3-1. I still remember feeling over-confident in '04 when Murray put them up 3-1 over the Habs w/his OT goal, only to have it all unravel. It might sound too pessimistic (who, me? ;-)  but I feel like the Bruins need to wrap this thing up in Game 5, b/c w/Miller in net, all the Sabres need is a glimmer of hope. Just sayin'

2) Can we all give it up for--believe it or not--MICHAEL RYDER? Satan made the sweet, veteran, cool-as-the-ice, natural goal scorer's move on the game-winner (and I suppose I need to give it up for PC here as well--nice signing), but that rush up ice--especially with the fatigue in double OT and the incredible vision + dish Ryder made to Satan--was what made that goal possible. Ryder's gotten a lot of well-desrved grief for his play this regular season, but he's been money ever since that final regular season game vs. the Caps. That was one heck of a great assist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

One of the best-played, nail-biting, white-knuckled, can-you-believe-these-goalies?-hockey games I've ever seen. I was convinced it was ultimately going to be Buffalo's night after Miller made that ridiculous glove save on Satan's backhander in the 3rd (but the Rask/Chara double-dive save in the 3rd was just as good, I suppose), but oh my. They actually came through with the win. Two more things: 1) This series is so tight, the teams playing so equally well, and the goalies so phenomenal, I don't feel the Bruins have it wrapped up yet, despite loving the fact they're up 3-1. I still remember feeling over-confident in '04 when Murray put them up 3-1 over the Habs w/his OT goal, only to have it all unravel. It might sound too pessimistic (who, me? ;-)  but I feel like the Bruins need to wrap this thing up in Game 5, b/c w/Miller in net, all the Sabres need is a glimmer of hope. Just sayin' 2) Can we all give it up for--believe it or not--MICHAEL RYDER? Satan made the sweet, veteran, cool-as-the-ice, natural goal scorer's move on the game-winner (and I suppose I need to give it up for PC here as well--nice signing), but that rush up ice--especially with the fatigue in double OT and the incredible vision + dish Ryder made to Satan--was what made that goal possible. Ryder's gotten a lot of well-desrved grief for his play this regular season, but he's been money ever since that final regular season game vs. the Caps. That was one heck of a great assist.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

TTBI, agree with you on the feeling of the series not being over . Every game has been close so far . Buffalo won't quit and a win for them in game 5 could change the momentum their way and put the pressure back on the B's for game 6. Hopefully they can wrap it up on Friday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

GREAT GAME!! GREAT Comeback!  Very Excited for the B's.  Keep it up! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

My heart-rate is still up.  Save the 3rd period and overtimes of this game and the next time some non-hockey fan complains about hockey being boring because there isn't enough scoring, show it to him.

If the Bruins finish the series on Friday (they will likely have to play their best game of the series - Miller will not go down quietly) this will have been as close-and hard-fought as a five game series can be.

A final note:  I'm pretty sure I can be considered a Thomas supporter, but anyone not tipping their hat to Rask after last night (and the previous games for that matter) has something wrong with them.  Or they don't have a hat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I am a supporter of both TT and Rask, I don't understand people that aren't.

Rask was excellent and has been excellent, though credit to TT some of his acrobatics are paying off for Rask(LOL). His seemingly unflappable play is what makes him more like a robot, always moving to get the angle and then he does an excellent TT imitation with his blocker save and the crowd, no the announcers went hysterical with that game saver.

Miller was as good with possibly even more game savers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The difference in the B's right now is that there is absolutely no pressure on them.

They got in the playoffs when everyone thought they would just fold the tent. There is no expectations as all predicted a 4-6 game loss to Buf, can't remember anyone picking the B's. Playing with half a team from East leader of last year and as playoff contenders.

Luc, Berg, Rec, Krej, Ryd, Wheel(part time) and Thorn forwards that played last year.

D-Chara, Wide, Hunw & Fer played last year and Fer is just back from inj.

G-TT from last year.

We are missing Kess, Sav, PJ, Yelle, Kobie, Bitz, Ward, Stuart, Hnidy, Montador And Fern from last years lineup.

I like adding back Stuart and Sav to the mix and we are a better team than last year, just wish we had got a sniper.

Ryd, Hunw, Wide are all carrying a load that has not been with them since last year playoffs, maybe they are going to become like Claude Lemieux and take their salaries for the playoff pay as opposed to their seasonal play like most are paid for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

Miro The Hero!
    Rask got assist from Miros goal, Rask has more points than many non-goalie player has in the playoffs. One more win, then the true tests will begin. Maybe we should give TT some ice time now when we are 2 wins ahead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

If you're a hockey fan, regardless of your allegance, it doesn't get much better than this.

Great game!

Great intensity on both sides, Bruins in particular.

Great goaltending and a great goal by Satan to decide it (usually it's some garbage goal that wins in OT).

I didn't think a CJ lead team had it in them, but Bruins have been playing well offensively and while I've been a big critic of CJ, my hat goes off to him.  He is outcoaching (and out-classing) Ruff.  I can't believe how many shots the Bruins block.  They must be leading the league in that department.

It's not over yet..........but it will be.  Still think Bruins in 6 and a date with Pittsburg in the next round.  Perhaps the stars are aligning in favor of the Bruins.

P.S.  I would not put Savard in until the next round.  Chemistry is good right now and conditioning will be an issue for Savard.  

Love to see Savard return in the 1st game back in Boston against Pittsburg and watch the crowd freak out!

Enjoy!....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

It ain't over until the last second ticks off the clock, we're Boston sports fans, if there's one thing we've learned through the years is to never count the game or series over unitl it's officially over.

It's the playoffs, I would stick with the hot goalie to start every game, especially against Miller. TT goes in if 1- getting blown out in a game, 2- being on the good side of a blow out (I mean like a 6 goal lead, that won't happen), 3- 0-3 in a series (and that's a maybe).