What About Satan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

What About Satan?

For the record, I don't think the Bruins should move anyone right now. They have time to get compliant with the cap. This is just a suggestion and I am wondering why I haven't read it anywhere else on this board.

If the Bruins are really worried about Ryder's production this year, particularly the fact that he could replicate last year's numbers, then maybe they should deal him to the Islanders (they need to take on more money to reach the cap floor) for a conditional draft pick. Then the Bruins sign Satan cheap. He played great in the playoffs with Krejci. Maybe they could play like that all season. Lines would look something like this:

Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Wheeler-Krejci-Satan
    Sturm/Prospect-Bergeron-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: What About Satan?

If PC isn't comfortable with one of the kids replacing Ryder (assuming he is moved) then Satan is a cheap option.  That's not a bad idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I loved Satan in the playoffs, and all credit to him for playing well, but he only played half a season and he'll be 36 years old in October. Pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Satan had a nice playoff run:
    - 2nd in goals (tied)
    - 3rd in points (tied)
    - 1st in +/- (tied)
    - 2nd in PPG (tied)
    - 1st in GWG

There is a case to made to be made for bringing Miro back.  Frankly, I would prefer to see him on the wing as opposed to Ryder.  I have heard almost nothing on his possibly re-signing with the B's or anywhere else for that matter. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: What About Satan?:
    Satan had a nice playoff run: - 2nd in goals (tied) - 3rd in points (tied) - 1st in +/- (tied) - 2nd in PPG (tied) - 1st in GWG There is a case to made to be made for bringing Miro back.  Frankly, I would prefer to see him on the wing as opposed to Ryder.  I have heard almost nothing on his possibly re-signing with the B's or anywhere else for that matter. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

That's because he's not going to sign with the Bruins, and there are a boatload of UFA forwards on the market that will get signed ahead of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: What About Satan? : That's because he's not going to sign with the Bruins, and there are a boatload of UFA forwards on the market that will get signed ahead of him.
    Posted by duinne

So, you prefer Ryder over Satan?

Playoff lines:
    Satan 13gp 5-5-10 +4
    Ryder 13gp 4-1-5 -4

Wheeler, btw, was 13gp 1-5-6 -6

So, no valid case for Satan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: What About Satan? : So, you prefer Ryder over Satan? Playoff lines: Satan 13gp 5-5-10 +4 Ryder 13gp 4-1-5 -4 Wheeler, btw, was 13gp 1-5-6 -6 So, no valid case for Satan?
    Posted by Crowls2424

It doesn't matter what I prefer. Ryder is under contract; Satan is not. There is no need, nor is there room under the cap, for the Bruins to sign Satan. They need to shed salary, not add it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to What About Satan?:
    For the record, I don't think the Bruins should move anyone right now. They have time to get compliant with the cap. This is just a suggestion and I am wondering why I haven't read it anywhere else on this board. If the Bruins are really worried about Ryder's production this year, particularly the fact that he could replicate last year's numbers, then maybe they should deal him to the Islanders (they need to take on more money to reach the cap floor) for a conditional draft pick. Then the Bruins sign Satan cheap. He played great in the playoffs with Krejci. Maybe they could play like that all season. Lines would look something like this: Lucic-Savard-Horton Wheeler-Krejci-Satan Sturm/Prospect-Bergeron-Recchi Paille-Campbell-Thornton
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Are the Bruins worried about his production?  I was just thinking about this.  He was never scratched, never publically douched, and I don't remember hearing anyone in the front office talk about trading him.

I wonder if they're perfectly fine with him for whatever reasons, and we're just going hog wild with the entire theory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: What About Satan? : It doesn't matter what I prefer. Ryder is under contract; Satan is not. There is no need, nor is there room under the cap, for the Bruins to sign Satan. They need to shed salary, not add it.  
    Posted by duinne

The point is to trade Ryder for a conditional pick and sign Satan cheap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: What About Satan? : The point is to trade Ryder for a conditional pick and sign Satan cheap.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Doesn't look like anyone's going anywhere for a while, and I'm pretty sure both Begin and Satan have been told they're more than welcome to seek employment elsewhere.

It's not that I dislike Satan, but IMHO any money that the Bruins manage to save, however they save it, is better spent elsewhere. As I said, Satan is turning 36 years old, his production has declined in the past few years, and he couldn't get a job LAST fall. Playing half a season left him relatively strong for the playoffs; I certainly wouldn't expect him to score as he did in this year's postseason over the length of the season.

I'd rather see Marchand or Caron or even Colborne get the chance. It's time for the kids.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I can definitely see PC signing Satan again midseason if he doesn't sign somewhere else before then...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wouldn't assume that Satan is willing to sign for cheap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

While Satan is inexpensive, and did have some mojo with Kreji,but, if you think Wheeler is soft, what do you get from Miro. Also , Kreji will have either Horton or Seguin on his right side. Ryder has not been thrown away because Claude still thinks he can resurrect his skills. The current Roster lets him try that by playing Ryder with Bergeron and Recchi before Sturm returns in December. Ryder can be very good on the boards and is big enough to help on shutting down other lines. If he does well, the B's have a good problem to have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to What About Satan? : Are the Bruins worried about his production?  I was just thinking about this.  He was never scratched, never publically douched, and I don't remember hearing anyone in the front office talk about trading him. I wonder if they're perfectly fine with him for whatever reasons, and we're just going hog wild with the entire theory.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It was well reported at the deadline that Ryder was on the block and there just wasn't any takers.  I'd say that sent the message that they weren't happy with his play.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/02/report-bruins-make-michael-ryder-available-in-trade-market.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

This is where it's been left with Satan and Begin...

"Steve Begin and Miro Satan were both put on notice that the Bruins were going in another direction with their forwards, and unless something changed drastically Chiarelli was going to leave some forward spot competition open for younger players working their way up from Providence.

"Neither development is shocking given that the Boston is constantly looking to get faster, younger and stronger, and Begin was a bit disappointing during his time in Boston as he never truly lived up to the agitator role envisioned for him.

"I said, 'Look, we may come back to you at some point but we're in a holding pattern as far as adding any forwards,' " Chiarelli said of his conversations with both players' agents."

http://www.csnne.com/07/02/10/Bruins-notes-Paille-happy-to-be-back-wit/v1_landing_bruins.html?blockID=264682&feedID=3944

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Satan has always been a sniper, and since when is mid-30's old?  I dont know what he is looking for money-wise, but it cant be much and he is a proven sniper and veteran.  It wouldnt be bad to sign him.

Ryder had a bad year, so did everyone.  Until Ryder has a couple of bad years, Im not ready to give up on him.  I think if he is looking as sluggish through the first half this year, move him.