What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

Possible Canidates:

Jordan Caron

Joe Colborne

Brad Marchand

Zach Hamill

I don't have Seguin/Hall on this list, because its pretty obvious they'll make the team next year

COMMENT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

THANKS  NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Tyler Seguin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

Mikko Lehtonen will make the big club...99%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If they come to prospect camp, I want them to have a shot.  I figure there are two to five spots for young players next year - Sturm's spot until January, Sobotka's, maybe Ryder's, maybe Wheeler's, maybe Recchi's, and maybe a spot on D depending on how things turn out.  What I like is that these aren't open slots - the kids will have to push someone out.  I'd like to see Alexandrov make a real push on Hunwick as the 7th D (assuming everyone's back) - to the point that Chiarelli's on the phone moving out spare parts.

Up front, I'm really curious to see a healthy and maybe more mature Zach Hamill at camp.  He's back to waiting to see if Krejci is 100% for the start of the season again.  No idea where he'd play if they could find a way to keep him on the roster - but I wonder if they might Boychuk him.  Keep him with the NHLers so he can see, first hand and over an extended period, what's required of him.  Marchand will also get a shot and hopefully his experience this year calms him down a bit.  The new guys, other than Hall/Seguin, need to mature in the A and be call-ups for a year.

Make them compete.  Give them nothing but support to develop good habits as pros, and let them show how much they want to be NHLers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, Jeebus, Stanley, I was starting to think you'd been sequestered by the Bruins to prepare for the draft!

Tell me something - how many times have you seen Mikko Lehtonen play?  Because from what I've seen and read, I cannot believe he'll make the NHL, so you must either BE Mikko Lehtonen or see something no one else does.  Why are you touting this guy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

After all the past hype I would like to see what skill Carl Soderberg really has and like Bookboy would hope Alexandrov is signed and can challenge the D...Caron and Colborne also could be intriguing parts of the puzzle...l

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I'm going with Alexandrov.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I don't care which prospect plays, as long as they are willing to play with pride in the spoked B!  As long as they aren't passengers, and give a max effort on a nightly basis, it doesn't matter what the name is on the back of the sweater.  Furthermore, it's likely we will see a combination of all of them with the amount of injuries there are during the season.  Don't sleep on Sauve and like others have said Alexandrov.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

MeanE, that's my point about competition.  I'm assuming that there are enough skilled, physically gifted players in the system right now (or after the draft) that the only way someone competes his way onto the varsity is by demonstrating hustle, pride, and commitment to improving.  That's what got Lucic on the team, unlike Wheeler who didn't have much competition for a wing spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gagne88. Show gagne88's posts

I have only seen Sauve play a couple of times, but I like what I saw

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I'd like to see Caron, Seguin and Alexandrov make the team as they seem the most ready and have the most potential to produce next year at the NHL level.  I would also say Colbourne, but I don't think PC thinks he is ready next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

In Response to Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?:
    THANKS  NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD Tyler Seguin
    Posted by TylerSeguin

Tyler, you have a great shot to make the team as posted earlier, just please bring some intensity, courage, and will to win and you will be embraced by the Bruins nation!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Yuri Alexandrov, D - Severstal Cherepovets (KHL)
    6'1, 179 pounds
    2nd round, 37th overall, 2006

While Boston’s NHL defensemen have not been overly impressive this season, Yuri Alexandrov’s play should help ease concern over the position. After suffering an injury that forced him to miss almost half of his team’s games last year, Alexandrov recovered nicely to have a positive end to the year, and his stellar play carried over into the 2009-10 season. He led all Severstal defensemen in time on ice with 19:43 per game, and he had the most points with 21 (6 goals and 15 assists). He also boasted the best plus/minus rating among defensemen with a +4, and that was on a non-playoff team. The key for Alexandrov’s development this year was staying healthy, and he did just that, playing in all 56 games. He has quickly emerged as one of the top young defensemen in the KHL with his ability to play in all situations, whether it be running a power play or simply playing a strong defensive game. Alexandrov has the upside of a top-four NHL defenseman someday fairly soon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?:
    I'd like to see Caron, Seguin and Alexandrov make the team as they seem the most ready and have the most potential to produce next year at the NHL level.  I would also say Colbourne, but I don't think PC thinks he is ready next year.
    Posted by shaunk

Agree with Shaunk but I'd also like to see Marchand on the 4th line with Sobotka and another banger who can stick up for these two. Youth , energy and physical even though these two are on the smallish side.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

what are the B's draft positions after first round number 2?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

what are the B's draft positions after first round number 2?
    Posted by TomOBrien

Tom this will help you .

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/2010.htm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Chowdahkid-Thanks! I've been to so many sites and the B's draft position is all over the place...I had to come to my Peeps for a reliable answer! ;-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

That site has the B's picking #15...is that true? If so, we would have #2, #15, #32, #45? If this is true...this will be a chance to really stengthen our team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

That site has the B's picking #15...is that true? If so, we would have #2, #15, #32, #45? If this is true...this will be a chance to really stengthen our team.
    Posted by TomOBrien

Yes Tom , the draft will be exciting for us this year. Let's hope we make good picks .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Caron by default, he has some grit.  Colbourne needs more time in the AHL, although he could be a Van Reimsdyk in the making.  The others are not ready prime time except maybe Marchand.  Alexandrov I agree will make the team if he is gets a "green card" figuratively and litteraly i.e. card as bucks.  Trades will be made but nothing earth shattering as this fan would like.  Until then Ryder, Thomas and Wideman remain status quo.  Not too many openings as Book has already indicated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Anyone who can put the puck in the net on breakaways! DUHHHHHHHHHH!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Seguin, McILrath, Kabinov...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Seguin,Colborne & Caron

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

man I hope the B's draft McIlrath, he will be a tough D-man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bookboy007

Please go into my profile and you will my pictures ...no I am not Mikko....but I have seen this player twice ...once in Montreal in the pre season games andhe looked awesome ..vert physical and very talented...and I have seen him once in Prvidence and again he really impressed me ....why he doesnt get the same chances that MArchand is getting ???? That I dont know ....but give this kid 5 games with the big club and you'll see what I mean ....next year a lot of people will say .....Stanley said it all year long .....3 times better than Marchand ......

Sections
Shortcuts