What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

cj gets his way - Larman, Whitfield.

Whomever they give a shot to, I hope they are not stifled, and are allowed to show their talents, as opposed to up and down wing, dump and get off.

Cycle Colborne Caron Sauve March Hamill in ten game stretches until we get the right mix and match and line chemistry so when injuries come and they will, we have the guys ready to step in. Soder if he comes.

On D the Wolf and Alex would be nice, maybe Kampfer and Bartkowski.

It all comes down to who gets ready this summer to take the leap. They should spend the summer with Berg becauase he has beaten odds twice, Rookie season and major concussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?

In order of current prospects: Yuri Alexanderov because it would most likely mean Wideman was gone. The dude can skate his butt off. Suave, skate, shoot and blow by the competition. Hamill and Colborne after that. 

In Response to What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?:
    Possible Canidates: Jordan Caron Joe Colborne Brad Marchand Zach Hamill I don't have Seguin/Hall on this list, because its pretty obvious they'll make the team next year COMMENT
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1477. Show mattman1477's posts

joe colborne....he's a complete animal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Great link. Thanks!

In Response to Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?:
    In Response to Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year? : Tom this will help you . http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/2010.htm
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i hope julien isnt reading this post....i have a visual of him just choking down anti acid pills saying how can i make this kid a checker? oh my god! i couldnt handle kessel,what on earth gulp,gulp whitfield! da@@it i want whitfield!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What Bruins prospects would you like to see get a shot at the team next year?:
    Caron by default, he has some grit.  Colbourne needs more time in the AHL, although he could be a Van Reimsdyk in the making.  Not too many openings as Book has already indicated.Posted by islamorada

Concur on Caron and Colborne. YetiBerg (Siedenberg nickname on hfboards cause we've heard he's alive and abominable but haven't seen him) along with Sauve might be wildcards to make it. Maxim impressed last summer has git speed but might need some time with Colborne down at the dunk. Caron and YetiBerg both 6'3" Big Bs could use this size to wear teams down like they did to Buffalo!

I like Marchand cause he's a minny might who can annoy the other team but I just don't think he has it gets knocked off the puck way too much.

Now Whitfield N0.4Bobby's favorite should defenitely make the team LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I'm much more excited to see Caron and Colbourne than Marchand.  the kid is too small and he has had some chances to prove himself already.  Let's get some new blood in there and give Caron and Hamill a shot early on, at least 5 games a piece.  Seguin or Hall ought to be on the opening day roster but PC might hold them back a year > could help their advancement, could help team right away, its a toss up.  Colbourne I really want to see but again, might need 1 more in AHL.  I've heard a lot of hype for Alexandrov, Sauve, Soderberg, and even Lehtonen. only Alexandrov has a real shot of playing on the B's next year, and I really don't know enough or seen the guy enough to form an opinion yet.  don't count your chickens before they've hatched

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

caron and alexandrov are the two i'm excited to see (next to hall/seguin of course).

i think colborne should start the year in providence unless he proves otherwise in camp.  one more year in the AHL and he should be ready...if he isn't already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Colborne - I liked what I saw in the brief game I went to in Manchester when he first started for Providence. Was anchoring the PP and had one shift in the first where he went end-to-end with rather ease (Quite impressive for his 3rd game in the AHL vs. a team that went deep into the AHL playoffs). I have high hopes for him, hopefully he doesn't Wheeler us!
    Caron is the other current guy we have I'm excited to see. Don't

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Colborne's numbers in Providence nose-dived after that first game, but I don't know how much stock to put in that.  Safest guess is he needs time in Providence to avoid Wheeleritis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"avoid Wheeleritis" LoL!

Adding that to the hockey discussion board vocabulary/saying list!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Draft this kid McIlrath and let him mash some people next year. Just want to see him beat the bejeezes out of that a$$klown Carcillo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I like that idea of McIlrath.....after he bejeezes Carcillo he can mop the ice with that sidewinder Cooke!...Bruins need a guy like the freight train from Winnipeg!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Colborne IMHO needs some seasoning. Unless he absolutely tears it up in training camp, he'll be in Providence. After watching Caron at rookie camp and seeing him a few times in the WJC, I'd say he probably has the best shot at sticking (other than Hall/Seguin, of course). He's a solid, rugged kid who's not afraid to get his nose dirty. I'd really love to see Sobotka and Marchand on a line together; add Caron and you'd have a hell of a pest/grinder line that could score some goals as well.

The problem with Alexandrov is that the Bruins have to sign him, which is not a given. His KHL contract is up, but he could very well re-sign and stay in Russia. If he does come over, I do hope he's put on some weight. Good prospect but he needs to bulk up some.

Lehtonen really faded at the end of the season in Providence and his coaches reportedly weren't too happy with him. IIRC he's an FA; it's possible he's elsewhere next season.

Hamill has progressed but I certainly wouldn't count on him making the Bruins, especially with the glut at center. Sauve might have a shot at Sturm's slot, if he has a standout camp. Kampfer made the best impression of the new signees at the end of the season, so he'll probably get a good look.

My guess: Marchand, Caron, Hall/Seguin make it.

Sections
Shortcuts