What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year

NOTHING! Dupont and other are not expecting Seguin to come right in and make an impact so if that is the case, what did the Bruins do during this offseason so far? They have sign one player, Horton and got rid of sob and wide.  Great! makes me feel really really good about this year, pretty much the same mentally challenged idiots that lost it to philly up 3 - 0.  PC your signing and mismanagement of the $$$ have F____ked this club up for the next god knows how many years you will be here. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year

I agree and disagree with parts of your post. I think Thornton, Recchi, an Ference should have been let go. This team is still too identical to the team that blew a 3-0 lead to Philly...twice. I do agree that PC has mismanaged the cap in some ways. But not to the extent where it screws us over for the next 5 years. Be happy your not a Rangers fan. But you, like many other negative posters, refuse to acknowledge the good things PC has done. He got seidenberg, stuart, paille, krejci, and Rask to sign great deals for less money than what theyre worth.

One thing that Chiarelli gets too much credit for is Seguin. Chiarelli didnt trade kessel for seguin, knight, and TOR's 1st rnd pick in 2011, He traded kessel for toronto's first and second in 2010 and to's 1st in 2011. Burke can say whatever he wants, no way in hell he makes that trade if he knew his leafs would be as bad as they were. PC had nothing to do with toronto's terrible season. He lucked out by getting seguin. Thats My opinion. It's one thing PC gets too much credit for

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year:
    NOTHING! Dupont and other are not expecting Seguin to come right in and make an impact so if that is the case, what did the Bruins do during this offseason so far? They have sign one player, Horton and got rid of sob and wide.  Great! makes me feel really really good about this year, pretty much the same mentally challenged idiots that lost it to philly up 3 - 0.  PC your signing and mismanagement of the $$$ have F____ked this club up for the next god knows how many years you will be here. 
    Posted by bruinsfan4ever23

Yep.  You're right.

BOYCOTT THE BRUINS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

If they would the bruin fan base would be stronger.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year:
    Your total lack of knowledge for this game is laughable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year:
    In Response to What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year : Your total lack of knowledge for this game is laughable
    Posted by pauly1

And you naiviety is even more humourous

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

If mommy did not let you stay up last night...go whine on another site

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You have a point, but you underestimate what a negative wideman was.
    Also, they are not done yet.

They MUST make some more moves before the season ends, they don't have the cap space to return all of the mentally challenged idiots you saw last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You dont blow up your team because of a 4 games.  Especially when 1 of your top forwards (Krejci) was injured, another one of your top forwards (Savard) wasnt himself, you were missing one of your top defenders (Seidenberg) and another top 6 defender (Stuart)...

What did you want the bruins to trade everyone out of spite?

That would be over-reactive

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year:
    You dont blow up your team because of a 4 games.  Especially when 1 of your top forwards (Krejci) was injured, another one of your top forwards (Savard) wasnt himself, you were missing one of your top defenders (Seidenberg) and another top 6 defender (Stuart)... What did you want the bruins to trade everyone out of spite? That would be over-reactive
    Posted by Drewski5

Yes, that was the playoffs, but there was an inconsistency in play all season long.

True, you don't dynamite the team.  True you have to make moves.  And the truth is they must make some moves because they don't have the cap space.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I put very little stock into what Dupont says.  Seguin should make the team, and will add to the offense if he does.  Let's face facts, we can't get much worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I still believe they were prepared to rip this patient open and move some vitals around if they'd lost to Buffalo - even in a competitive, 7 game series.  I think the decision to use Wideman as a chip was made post deadline but pre-playoffs, and his good playoffs only made him a more valuable chip.  In that scenario, Ryder's probably bought out, Wheeler's probably gone, Sturm (who's still around - no Flyers series to take him out...) is bought out or dealt.  Basically, the kind of movement you saw from the Blackhawks - clear the decks.  We'd probably be reading rumours of Krejci or Bergeron being shopped and not Savard.  And they might have been in on the Hamhuis or Volchenkov discussions, or even considered that offer sheet for Bobby 'Silver' Ryan that so many seem to think would have been a good idea.

Even with the brutal finish to the Flyers series, the commitment to major moves was softened.  Yes, make at least one big deal.  No, don't commit to a UFA.  Yes, re-sign our RFAs and key UFAs.  No, don't clear space for one huge contract.  Yes, keep an open mind about who will be where come October.  No, don't commit to giving rookies roster spots just to shake things up.

Maybe more importantly, though, I'd love to hear what the OP - or ritwall since he's decided to go third man in - thinks the Bruins should have done this offseason and how it was going to happen.  That is, saying "sign Kovalchuk, trade Thomas for Bobby Ryan, trade Chara and Hamill for Doughty and Jack Johnson, trade Wheeler for David Perron and Lars Eller (hey, turns out he was available!), fire the coach, fire the GM, move the team to Ristuccia full time, change the colours to mauve and baby blue, change the team mascot from a bear to a teletubby, and find some way to get the first 10 picks in the draft" is not sufficient support for your moaning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

If Seguin isn't on team it will be a disgrace, he has nothing to prove in Junior, play him and not the 5-6 mins that Thorn got 12 years ago, this Thorn gets more. He needs 15-16 mins a game and try him on specialty teams, play him as a 60-70 point man and he may become one. Do not bury him with Pail and Thorn-egad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I like what PC did this offseason, particularly the Horton trade and the draft picks chosen (Seguin, Knight, and Spooner). The forwards for the Bruins now looks set for a long time. I think next year he'll focus on D.

The signing of Ference was a bit high, but he made up for it by signing Seidenberg on the low side, and before before July1 when the price of UFA defensemen sky rocketed (Seidenberg at $3.25M per annum is a steal).

Thus overall, so far PC's done OK in my books this offseason/free agency after last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What would YOU have done. Please be specific, not just saying, sign a goal scorer. Very easy to come in and criticize, so please tell us what you would have done...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Compare the Bruins to the Caps and what has been done to fix each team.
    The Bruins dumped a huge liability who was useless 65 of the regular season games or worse. They are not retaining Begin who was good for about six weeks before falling off the end of the earth, and Sobotka a small (but fierce) forward has been moved, and Horton, Colborn, Caron, Campbel will be filling these roster spots.

The Caps had horrid, horrid defense all season. Their forwards lacked the grit to take on the Montreal defense and win consistently, the lost in the first round after winning the Presidents Cup. Tell me who they've signed to improve their defense? Shultz was one of the guys last year who let the Bleu, blanc et rouge Smurfs skate around enough to advance.

In Response to Re: What did the Bruins do this offseason/free agency after last year : Yes, that was the playoffs, but there was an inconsistency in play all season long. True, you don't dynamite the team.  True you have to make moves.  And the truth is they must make some moves because they don't have the cap space.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Sections
Shortcuts