What do they need?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

What do they need?

What are the top 5 things the Bruins need to do to get past the semi-finals this year?

Here's my five:

1. Scoring winger
    2. Better discipline
    3. More physical/intimidation
    4. 08-09 Zdeno Chara, not the one that we saw injured last year
    5. Big Bad Bruins that can score 20+ and still hit and defend any other player on the team. Have some heart and pride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Re: What do they need?

6. Consistency

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

7. Playing their best hockey of the year in the quarter finals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

9. Killer instinct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.   A new GM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

1A.  A new coach

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: What do they need?:
    agreed with everything except for new gm/new couch, both have been doing a fine job, with the exception of a couple instance of overpaying players.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Maybe if they got a new couch, Julien would feel more comfortable sending people to sit on it, instead of not holding them accountable for poor play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Re: What do they need? : Maybe if they got a new couch, Julien would feel more comfortable sending people to sit on it, instead of not holding them accountable for poor play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Caught the spelling error as well but it worked out so great in your reply Tongue out  how true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

once again not-a-shot, if your picking on my spelling i know my post is a good one...cheers
    Posted by pbergeron37

It was a perfect opportunity for a joke that related to the topic.  I didn't notice who wrote it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1A.  A new coach
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

I second the coach, I was pretty impressed with Laviolette and I believe he out coached CJ in that series.

At least some of the problems this year has to rest on CJ.

I think coaches have a shelf life, they only have so many pre game speaches in them, and once the pre game speaches are gone, so are they.

Look at a guy like Scotty Bowman, even he moved around teams quite a bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: What do they need? : I second the coach, I was pretty impressed with Laviolette and I believe he out coached CJ in that series. At least some of the problems this year has to rest on CJ. I think coaches have a shelf life, they only have so many pre game speaches in them, and once the pre game speaches are gone, so are they. Look at a guy like Scotty Bowman, even he moved around teams quite a bit.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yep. CJ is a nice guy, but like a lot of other guys are saying, he fails to adjust to the situation at times.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: What do they need? : I second the coach, I was pretty impressed with Laviolette and I believe he out coached CJ in that series. At least some of the problems this year has to rest on CJ. I think coaches have a shelf life, they only have so many pre game speaches in them, and once the pre game speaches are gone, so are they. Look at a guy like Scotty Bowman, even he moved around teams quite a bit.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I think his approach has three major flaws.

1.  Outside of a few isolated instances, he has repeatedly failed to hold players accountable.  During many streaks last season, Hunwick, Thornton, Ryder, Wideman, Lucic and other should have been watching games from the press box.  Heck, Wideman was the biggest goat of the Garden for months, and Julien played him more.

2.  Strategy.  He plays the game not to lose.  When the B's go up, he circles the wagons.  It shows with how many OTs they had, and obviously in games 4,5,6, and...7.

3.  He wants so badly to have a balanced attack.  He gives far too many minutes to the fourth line, and fails to play his best forwards enough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: What do they need? : I think his approach has three major flaws. 1.  Outside of a few isolated instances, he has repeatedly failed to hold players accountable.  During many streaks last season, Hunwick, Thornton, Ryder, Wideman, Lucic and other should have been watching games from the press box.  Heck, Wideman was the biggest goat of the Garden for months, and Julien played him more. 2.  Strategy.  He plays the game not to lose.  When the B's go up, he circles the wagons.  It shows with how many OTs they had, and obviously in games 4,5,6, and...7. 3.  He wants so badly to have a balanced attack.  He gives far too many minutes to the fourth line, and fails to play his best forwards enough.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Absolutely agree with you 100%..all three of those things drive me nuts.  I can't stand seeing the 4th line out there playing a regular shift.  It really surprises me that the top players don't get completely frustrated playing 15 minutes a night.  When I see the 4th line out there to start or end a period or directly after we get scored on makes me so mad.  Also when he threatened Wideman and then played with 25 minutes or more the next several games even though he kept getting worse made himself look like a moron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bruins win the Cup in 2011 if they:

1) Stay healthy
    2) Have a winger score 30 goals this year
    3) Have a different winger, and one other forward, score 20 goals this year
    4) Have any two centers get 75 points
    5) Get the goaltending they're accustomed to in the regular season
    6) Get 30 points from two different defenders

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Bruins win the Cup in 2011 if they: 1) Stay healthy 2) Have a winger score 30 goals this year 3) Have a different winger, and one other forward, score 20 goals this year 4) Have any two centers get 75 points 5) Get the goaltending they're accustomed to in the regular season 6) Get 30 points from two different defenders
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

They don't award the Cup after the regular season.  Ask the Caps how putting up a ton points worked out for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: What do they need? : They don't award the Cup after the regular season.  Ask the Caps how putting up a ton points worked out for them.
    Posted by derrickmorin

True, but if all that happens, what I am saying is, there is a solid indication that the team is built and playing well.