What do you guys do when you're not posting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Delta14. Show Delta14's posts

Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting?

Hey David - I'm in southeast Texas and besides waiting for hurricanes, tornadoes and fire ants, I work for a software company and sell maintenance and support products to our mainframe customers.  Sounds kind of boring but it sure beats running around in the boonies and carrying a PRK 25 radio on your back (did that for a while and you get a nickname of "target").  Prior to sales, I was in the legal end of the software business doing negotiations all over the world for various companies.  Lots of good memories from those jobs.

toys 0311

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

<---------fighter pilot :)

jk. Social media marketing and search engine optimization

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

work:
    Sudbury MA
    I write software for quality assurance.
    I play hockey.
    Ride bicycles and follow bicycle racing.
    Work on my house, lots of carpentry, did construction to work my way through college.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfansince88. Show Bruinfansince88's posts

I work in the heart of "Enemy Territory". Downtown Montreal at the Montreal Gazette head office. I work in the Advertising Dept. putting together ads. Basically, entering text and putting together images for ads in the newspaper and on the website.

Working toward, eventually, infiltrating the Editorial Dept. and getting my two-cents in here. :)

I'm in constant contact with the members of the editorial team and, although the majority are Montreal Canadiens fans, you would be surprised by the amount of Bruins fans the Montreal Gazette employs. We have quite an army going LOL!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

I think you'll notice a trend that most people who contribute throughout the day work at a desk in some form (I'm a systems analyst).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Ha, you'll never guess this, but I grow clams (and oysters) down here in South Carolina.

I don't post too often but enjoying reading the more knowledgable commentary....some posters like Bookboy, NAS, Drewski, Dr CC,  MDsizzle, BSLegion, duinne, SanDog, Badhab, Olsonic, and others I'm forgetting right now, sure know a LOT about hockey...especially the other teams and who's who on the talent list. 

Thanks, and keep it going....!!   How many days until pre-season games?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to What do you guys do when you're not posting?:
    Hey Guys, one of my favorite things to do is jumping online and reading these posts. Sure there are the occasional dick heads, but for the most part everyones pretty hockey savvy and opinionated which leads to some great discussions. What I find interesting is how everyone has the time to post no matter what time of day. So I'm asking, if anyones interested in sharing, what it is everyone does for a living?  I write for television out here in LA. It's a weird place. No real hockey fans, no Marshmallow Fuff or Drakes products, but the winters are nice!
    Posted by Davidorr

I work for a parking company in Boston and spend lots of time at my desk. Ironically, I used to work at the Fluff factory when I was 18. The company that makes it is called Durkee-Mower and they are located in Lynn, Ma. 
    I lasted 2 days there. Go B's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Currently in Employment Services, shortly heading back out west as a Heat Frost Insulator, ya gotta love the Oil Industry in Alberta.

I will be AWOL for about 8 weeks, so PC better move his but before the 15th of Aug,  I hate being behind the times in hockey info.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Retired teacher who now does carpentry and painting.  I do enjoy the beach, good beer, and talking to beautiful woman.... my wife!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I trade stocks for myself .... got clobbered last year. I also like to post when I'm watching TV.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I spend most of my time taking loads of money from the tax payers of Ontario while I basically sit on my duff collecting a big fat pension. When I'm not doing that I can usually be found on the golf course or fishing on the lake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'm a Bookmaker...I mean...Accountant, working in Toronto and York Region.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just finished 30 years of factory work and I'm semi retired . In the middle of going back to school for Health care to finish out my work career on a part time basis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Student with summer desk job. Well, no desk or office. I do research so I work wherever I can.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

I'm working my @ss off trying to become the next great American photographer.  Too bad artists only get rich and famous after they're dead.  I try not to think about that part.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Graduated from BU, 23-years-old, unemployed...trying to crack the advertising/marketing world, but clearly not working so far haha...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I work as an Executive Assistant for and investment firm in Boston's Back Bay....for those not familiar, it's between Fenway Park & the Boston Garden....Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting?:
    Graduated from BU, 23-years-old, unemployed...trying to crack the advertising/marketing world, but clearly not working so far haha...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

manny, very few intelligent young people are going into commercial fishing.  You might give it a look.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Teach music in junior high and high school. Concert Band stuff mostly. Only sit behind a desk to check scores and read about the Bruins.

Spend the summertime hauling a fifth wheel and chasing the mighty Atlantic Salmon in Newfoundland.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I work part time at a summer camp and when I'm not doing that I work at Trader Joe's. Not the greatest jobs I know, but I'm only 19, about to be a sophomore in college, and every little bit helps towards tuition (although I got quite a few grants/scholarships and my parents and I don't have to fork over a whole lot).
    Outside of work, I like a nice round of mini-golf and just hanging out with friends.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Ha, you'll never guess this, but I grow clams (and oysters) down here in South Carolina. I don't post too often but enjoying reading the more knowledgable commentary....some posters like Bookboy, NAS, Drewski, Dr CC,  MDsizzle, BSLegion, duinne, SanDog, Badhab, Olsonic, and others I'm forgetting right now, sure know a LOT about hockey...especially the other teams and who's who on the talent list.  Thanks, and keep it going....!!   How many days until pre-season games?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

CarolinaClamMan,  I worked my way through college digging clams on the south shore for a commercial dealer. Great hours, great money, great tan but definitely the most physically taxing job I've had to date. Bent over up to your knees in mud for five hours, and the winters were brutal. Those were the days...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[Raspy, Eastwoodesque voice] I could tell you...but then I'd have to bore you....

Been and done plenty of things from freelance writing to editorial direction, taught at a few universities, dug ditches, analyzed research, cribbed, advised non-profits, managed, sit on boards.  If you know Richard Ford's work, I have a way less interesting professional life, and a much more stable home life, but basically the same species of life as Frank Bascombe.  I've stayed away from Realty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Everyone has wonderful stories.  Mine is simple:  I'm a writer.  People love to blast me for having so much time, but the truth is, I spend 12+ hours a day with my laptop on my lap.  Checking in here doesn't really pull me away for long.  Some of you have probably read my work in the past, but I've been retired from sports writing for a few years.  My latest project is based on hockey, commissioned by a company, and should be done in about 12 months.  If I was to delete my account here, of course, I'd be done in eight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

well I think I have everyone beat.  I am finishing my MA in classical studies, meaning I can translate dead languages. Latin and ancient Greek.  I also have done a little of archaeology, but I am more strictly of a history/language person.  I can also speak German, and I suppose the in my meantime the Bruins fill the void of me wishing I were living in Europe.  Will get there someday, hopefully soon.  I write on the side also, but that is more for myself. Hey NAS, how can i get a part-time writing gig?

errare humanum est.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Everyone has wonderful stories.  Mine is simple:  I'm a writer.  People love to blast me for having so much time, but the truth is, I spend 12+ hours a day with my laptop on my lap.  Checking in here doesn't really pull me away for long.  Some of you have probably read my work in the past, but I've been retired from sports writing for a few years.  My latest project is based on hockey, commissioned by a company, and should be done in about 12 months.  If I was to delete my account here, of course, I'd be done in eight.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS, I actually look forward to reading your posts and IMO you're arguably the most credible poster on this sight.

Sections
Shortcuts