what do you think about this trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfan1212. Show Bruinsfan1212's posts

what do you think about this trade?

Trade Chara for Kovalchuck..straight up.
        Chara hasnt looked the same all year, and I dont think any defensemen is worth 7.5. If we can sign Kovy great, if not, we have that cap space to sign some free agents, such as Marleau and/or Frolov (if they dont re-sign with their current team that is.)

I believe the Bruins would be able to re-sign Kovy. They wil have the cap space, and also Boston is knwon as a hockeytown, and a Russian would love that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Re: what do you think about this trade?

not really a bad idea.....but if your trading chara you have to get something more concret than kovalchuk....you could probably go to 4-5 playoff teams & get a good d-man & offensive forward back.....bet you could go to chicago & get sharp & a cam barker,something like that....i understand the whole dump cap thing but chara is a blue chip trade material

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

chara & sobotka for elder,raymond & wellwood from canucks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

keeping dreaming...one of the leagues top goal scorer for one of the leagues biggest disappointment this season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

I know this Eklund is usually wrong 99.9 percent of the time but at this point I am just hoping for anything...

Just posted from Eklund at hockeybuzz.com
    "Meanwhile, back in bean town... there are also talks tonight that the Bruins are closing in on a deal with the Oilers that could get them not only some scoring, but another piece for the Thrashers. I am told that if the Bruins make the offer they could make with the Oilers piece there is little chance that the Thrashers would turn it down."

"There is even a chance that kovalchuk gets done tomorrow if the Bruins can get the one missing piece." a source added.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

geez i really like that one!  edler (not elder)young big offensive d signed thru 2013 for 3.2...raymond young offensive stud 18 goals in 50 games  RFA after this year....wellwood UFA after this year    bruins could do this & still be competetive this year, have edler & raymond for the next 3 4 yrs   wonder if it could happen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

You know things are bad when you're putting your hopes in Eklund.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

John Murphy from NESN did just tweet: 'Was just told by source that a "trade is coming" for Bruins. That was all but one has to believe some kind of shakeup will happen.'.  Hopefully it is a good one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Don't get your hopes up... PC showed last year that he wasn't willing to risk the future for the present. And this year has given him no reason to think they will have any playoff success (or even make the playoffs.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

I don't like that trade. 

Check this:

According to Hockeybuzz.com Eklund heard from the TD Banknorth janitors that they might be cooking up a deal with Edmonton ... to later trade for Kovalchuk. I think the latter is BS but according to the papers in Edmonton, the management is going to be blowing up the team before the Olympics (9 game losing streak!)

They might even put a guy like Penner or Vishnovsky on the trading block. The question becomes what can we offer them for their players who are also underperforming? Keep in mind they probably don't need draft picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

Sorry BruinsUSA I missed your post 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Edmonton will be looking to dump to get the number1. We might get something worthwhile.

PC last year had a team fighting for #1 overall. He needs them in the playoffs, the players don't get paid and JJ wants the concessions, he needs 2 rounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

pucman, I like your trade proposal.  I mentioned getting Raymond about a week ago and everybody shot that idea down, but he couldn't be less productive than the forwards we have now.  And as good as Chara is defensively, he has not been himself this season.

Any deal that improves the team now and for the future sounds good to me.  There is a good chance that the Bruins don't make the postseason this year, so going after a guy like Kovalchuk, who will be a UFA after this year, will be risky. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wellwood??????? The greatest underachiever of all time ask the leafs, work ethic worse than PKess always shows up overweight and 2 week layoff for Olympics, he'll put on 20 pds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Kovy for Chara...NO!  Then he goes to Russia...or another NHL team?  Bad idea.  Chara is one of the few consistant players on the B's.   Then who do we have on D after him???

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Well going by Eklund's track record I would say it is much ado about nothing.. besides who on Edmonton would you want to score goals..not like this team is lighting it up.. Dustin Penner leads the team in scoring so enough said..don't want him.. what could possibly be the one piece.. The guy I like on Edmonton is Vishnovski but they are not parting with him,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I agree, Eklund IS a phony...but...

Surfing around, it seems like other sources are saying the same thing he's saying. Not sure how valid this rumor is, but its sure something to keep an eye on.

After reading a few things, it seems the Oilers would be giving up something in high value to the Bruins. Which leaves me to think who on the Bruins may have a high price tag which would demand such package. Although he has not played well at all, I belive that player is Denis Wideman. Only 26, and many still believe he needs a change of scenery in order to be that high-skilled O-defensemen he was last year.

Anyways, who knows what happends.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Pucman I agree with you a deal like that would be perfect..a good and solid D and a good forward for a Stanley Cup contender Chara has a very high value

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I'd love to have the offense that Kovy would bring. But the B's don't have the depth on the blueline to give up Chara and not get a solid defenseman as part of the deal in return.

Besides, Kovy is looking for 11-12M per season. I don't like the idea of tying up 20% of the cap in one player.

Brian

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Who does Edmonton have that anyone in his right mind might want? Perhaps Ales Hemsky? He is not lighting things up, but he does have some skill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

YES!  Trade Chara for Kovy.  It doesn't matter how good your D is if you can't score!  If Kovy leaves after this year then the B's have some coin to rebuild.  Hey, if they choose to do nothing then we are in the same spot for next year.  Trade current players now such as Chara and Thomas then get back on track with some scoring!

Sections
Shortcuts