What happens when Savard returns???????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

What happens when Savard returns???????????

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the Sobotka, Wheeler, Paille line looks like a keeper. Even Wheeler deserves some respect, I think playing with two guys who refuse to play soft will do wonders for him. It will make him honor the efforts of his linemates, it has already become contagious.
    The question is what will Julien do when Savard returns? If they continue to improve as I think they will, then I wouldn't risk breaking them up and destroy the chemistry they are building. All Sobotka needs is confidence, a couple of more games like that and he will become an important part of the B's future. And he might be just what the doctor ordered for Blake Wheeler. I think Julien is in for some big time tough decisions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: What happens when Savard returns???????????

Some good points- Sobotka and Wheeler have some good chemistry and once VS gets a little confidence he could be a keeper. 

The only part of this i'm not sure about is Paille.  He is a good fit with the other 2 because of his speed, but i am not sure right now how much he is helping that line. 

The one good thing about the 2 big injuries is that the young guys are being given a long and thorough look at the NHL level.  I like Marchand the most so far- judging by what he has brought to the table SINCE the call up.  Marchand has fit in well on the skilled lines and I think he will stay around.  If VS can keep up his effort from the last 2 games, Claude will have to find a way to keep him on board too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i agree with you wensink......that line was awesome today & seemed like the whole team feed off their euthusiasm....they enjoyed helping the team out & scoring those big goals with a big smile on their faces....that was good to see...but what to do?  thats a good question & maybe answered in the upcoming games....if they keep it up the question becomes bigger   Sobotka is a little package of dynamite with some soft hands   loved his game lately!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Tough decision, as you note, but it's a few weeks off yet.  If Sobotka keeps his pace going, it will impossible to cut him.  Marchand is still a question mark.  I would prefer to see Recchi sit out (as many posters would) but management apparently loves him. 

Then, what happens when Savard AND Lucic have returned?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Marchand has been put in a tough position on a line that is expected to score...i think he,s pressing alittle....maybe when Lucic returns he can join wheeler & sobotka  relax & have some fun....thinking he would fit right in there

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Not something to worry about - injuries happen, and I very much doubt no Bruins forward is going to get hurt between now and next spring.

That said, if they stay healthy, Sobotka should stay and Marchand should go back to Providence. I love Marchand, but I think he could benefit from more time in the AHL. Sobotka, OTOH, has gotten as much as he's going to get out of the minors. It's time for him to stay with the big boys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

What happens when Savard returns? He plays and someone is sent down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Savard gets traded to the western conference in order to keep the Paille - Sobotka - Wheeler line intact and to further Marchand's development.

Just pulling your leg bud... Happy Halloween!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Paille will probably stay in because one of the reasons he was brought in was for the PK.

I'd be shocked to see Recchi sat, but it would probably be the best solution at this point. The only other thing i can see is Bitz getting a ticket to the press box Paille being slid to the fourth line and PK duties, and Sobotka slid into the empty position.

I don't see Savard being traded, and don't want him Bergeron or Krejci to be traded for any reason. Much as i like Sobotka and have high hopes for him I don't think he can be counted on to play at their level (if rather differently) consistently at this point.

On the other hand, if Columbus said they'd take Savard and Wideman for Weber,  or Suter and another defensive prospect I would miss Savvy, but not cry too hard in my vodka.

In Response to What happens when Savard returns???????????:
    [QUOTE]Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the Sobotka, Wheeler, Paille line looks like a keeper. Even Wheeler deserves some respect, I think playing with two guys who refuse to play soft will do wonders for him. It will make him honor the efforts of his linemates, it has already become contagious. The question is what will Julien do when Savard returns? If they continue to improve as I think they will, then I wouldn't risk breaking them up and destroy the chemistry they are building. All Sobotka needs is confidence, a couple of more games like that and he will become an important part of the B's future. And he might be just what the doctor ordered for Blake Wheeler. I think Julien is in for some big time tough decisions.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

savard lucic return   sbokata marchand sit no brainer...marchand back to ptown  sob stays here in case of injury... savard lucic sturm   krejci ryder wheeler   rechhi paille bergeron  begin bitz thorts ARE TOP 12 wn healthy so sorry sob fans hes sitting...he has 1 good period in 5 games and people lovete guy cmon now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: What happens when Savard returns???????????:
    [QUOTE]savard lucic return   sbokata marchand sit no brainer...marchand back to ptown  sob stays here in case of injury... savard lucic sturm   krejci ryder wheeler   rechhi paille bergeron  begin bitz thorts ARE TOP 12 wn healthy so sorry sob fans hes sitting...he has 1 good period in 5 games and people lovete guy cmon now
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

For the record, I don't love the guy for "one good period" (and if you've been watching, he's played well much longer than that); I've been a fan of his since he was a rookie. He has the skills and the tenacity; the big thing with him has always been confidence. He'll stick with the team, and he'll contribute, as injuries will continue to happen.

And fyi for anyone talking trades, Savard has a NO TRADE CLAUSE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

When all is well in the injury department  ( and that might never be and situation resolves itself ) Im thinking Marchand will be the first sent down... I like his game and believe he will soon be a NHL regular but because of youth and inexperience will be the guy chosen....as far as players that could be sat out I think Thornton is the obvious and if selected to sit out because of ineffective play Sturm qualifies for that but that aint gonna happen ...I still would like to see Boychuck inserted and let Ference sit on an alternating basis....Sobotka has won a permanent spot in my books....Recchi at 41 could sit the odd game...its his last year and that aging body might need a break here and there....also  the kids need the experience.....GO BRUINS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'll second duinne's post. I have been a fan of Sobotka since I first saw him. He is an example that you don't have to be Milan Lucic, or be a fighter to play an effective physical brand of hockey. Good things can happen if you're willing.....It's what this team has been missing most, and what everyone is going to need to do more of if there is any hope for success this season. I would have liked to have seen him and Kobasew on the same line -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinFan1982. Show BostonBruinFan1982's posts

Put Savard on a line with Krejci, Krejci needs to shoot more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Pretty sure Wensink is thinking about the C position more than the number of bodies, and it's a trickier question than just sending the P-Bruins back.  First, the engagement level on this team has gone way up since the call-ups and the deal for Paille, and you can't call it a coincidence.  They've played faster, taken the body more often, and cycled with more purpose - and now the Sobotka line looks to have some offensive chemistry too.  The first 5-6 games were a failure of chemistry, so how do you reintegrate your #1 offensive player without disrupting the rest of the team?  Second, Sobotka's success has something to do with playing centre on a line that lets him show his skill.  Why stick him on Begin's wing?  Then again, who moves to the wing from the top three if you do decide to keep him at C?  Tough call.

The least productive centre right now is Krejci, but do you really think about sitting him or moving him to the wing?  You might think about giving him a game here and there in the press box - a watch and learn reminder to help him get his game back - but you can't shift him permanently.  Bergeron could shift over, but he's one of the best on the draw.  It's easier on the wings, where Sturm and Recchi could sit a game here and there, Bitz and Thornton can rotate with Marchand, etc..

Keep everyone on the roster and work up the healthy internal competition, at least short term.  Marchand should probably go back to Providence if he's sitting more than playing - let him work with Hamill and try to dominate down there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

My much neglected psychology studies would call the type of behavior that has people ascribing their belief & behaviour structures to others projecting. Of course the short sightedness of anyone saying either one of us has only been a fan of Sobtka for 20 minutes is absurd.

Sobotka may have been playing poorly last season, but I don't think that's all his fault. Most of last season he was tossed in as a grinder, in Boston while being used as a top six skill forward in Providence, and proving he was while there.

In Response to Re: What happens when Savard returns???????????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What happens when Savard returns??????????? : For the record, I don't love the guy for "one good period" (and if you've been watching, he's played well much longer than that); I've been a fan of his since he was a rookie. He has the skills and the tenacity; the big thing with him has always been confidence. He'll stick with the team, and he'll contribute, as injuries will continue to happen. And fyi for anyone talking trades, Savard has a NO TRADE CLAUSE.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Savard will not be traded; we need him but a broken foot can be damaging to a player so do not rush him back. Once Looch returns Marchand will be sent back for AHL conditioning. Especially if PTW line stays fresh and determine. The news out that Bitz has a groin pull thats serious pending on how bad. Marchand will be back up for Bitz, and Trentfield will our utility player off and on for we have a player to fill in the blanks and Rechhi(he is like a old pitbull just wants to tug on the rope and play) will not be a healthy scratch, he is our second captain in the dressing room without the Capital C. I want to see Big Z deliver more hits today like yesterday.

Sections
Shortcuts