What IF this happens???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffersonjames. Show jeffersonjames's posts

What IF this happens???

Say the Bruins go on and continue to have a great regular season like they are doing now but fall again in the 1st round, how will everyone feel about the year and the team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

What IF this happens???

No bad team makes the playoffs...and in the playoffs, anything can happen. You cant blame any team for anything that transpires in April....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

What IF this happens???

The only way that happens is if we run into alot of injuries and that is the excuse it will be dissapointing. At the beggining of the year my goal was for the team to win atleast one round of the playoffs but they are better than I expected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffersonjames. Show jeffersonjames's posts

What IF this happens???

[Quote]No bad team makes the playoffs...and in the playoffs, anything can happen. You cant blame any team for anything that transpires in April....[/Quote]

I was asking how you would view the season if this happend again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopi1122. Show lopi1122's posts

What IF this happens???

As a building block. The team is young and gritty. We should be getting better every year. So far the B's are doing better than they did through this point last year. I expect them to do better in the playoffs than they did last year. If they get bumped first round i would be disappointed but you have to look at it as a building block. Kessel, Lucic, Krejci, Wheeler, Bergeron, Nokelainen, Sobodka, Hunwick, Wideman and Stuart are all 25 or younger so i would only expect them to get better. The team is built for the future so you can't hate them if they don't make it far this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

What IF this happens???

no different than if they barely make it in and lose in the 1st round. At least this way, I can enjoy watching the regular season. It's not like being a top seed means an automatic 1st round win. Thinking that is foolish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

What IF this happens???

I love the B's always have, always will. The same as how I loved the Sox and Celts through the lean years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

What IF this happens???

If t.t plays like he can we go deep. otherwise I would be dissapionted period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantabbruinsfan. Show cantabbruinsfan's posts

What IF this happens???

Thats the best part, really. We have all the kep components locked up for a while. And players seem to like playing here. Loss to San Jose would be worse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What IF this happens???

To an NHL team , what happens in the playoffs is everything.

Not making the playoffs is the ultimate embarrassment. Especially in a league that allows 16 teams (more than 1/2 the league, for cryin' out loud!) into playoff contention.

A young team that squeaks in and loses in the first round, at least can say they gained some post season experience.

Any team that plays extremely well and dominates in the regular season then loses in the first round...well that's almost as embarrassing as missing the playoffs.

The Bruins need to win at least the first round and put up a real good fight in round two in order for the season to be considered to be some form of progress.

Anything more and we should be proud, anything less would be shameful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabou. Show mabou's posts

What IF this happens???

While we're onto this hypothetical crap, what if the Bs floundered during the rest of the season, just snuck into the playoffs, and then won a playoff round or two?
    Why can't you people take some enjoyment in the way the team is playing? First in their division, first in goals scored in the conference, among the top teams in goals against.
    Tim Thomas is having an extraordinary start. Phil Kessel is rounding into the player they used a top-five selection to draft. Blake Wheeler has been a pleasant surprise. Marc Savard is his usual point-productive self. Patrice Bergeron is back, and despite some kind of injury that is keeping him out of the faceoff circle at key times, is returning to form.
    Michael Ryder has just shown a flash of what earned him $12 million over three years. Milan Lucic is turning into a feared power forward who can score. Marco Sturm and Chuck Kobasew are doing what they are paid to do. David Krecji is probably the best third-line centre in the league.
    The defence, led by the all-around play of Zdeno Chara and Dennis Wideman (who is making fans forget Brad Boyes) is solid at both ends of the rink. Matt Hunwick is showing he can play in the NHL, the injured Andrew Ference was having a career year, and Aaron Ward, Mark Stuart and Shane Hnidy are having solid seasons.
    Manny Fernandez is playing well in a backup role, the fourth line is producing. and there are healthy troops waiting in the wings for a chance to play.
    The team can score, can play defence, has a good power play, can kill penalties and can mix it up with the best of them.
    Let's enjoy it and see how it plays out instead of inventing doom and gloom scenarios for the end of the year.
    The Bs are back. Have some fun with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

What IF this happens???

To quote Aaron Ward, "We don't say the 'P' word."

Enjoy each game for itself. The playoffs are a long, long ways away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

What IF this happens???

Good call Mabou, on all fronts.

Its an incredibly exciting year for anyone who enjoys the Bruins. Just enjoy the ride.