What is Wheeler worth $$$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What is Wheeler worth $$$

Good story on Wheeler and where he fits in on the pay scale compared to fellow 2004 draftees .What is the maximum you'd go per year with him ? Stanley , looking forward to your comments. 

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/07/04/where-does-wheeler-compare/#more-9317

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$

The max I figure he's worth is 2.4 mil.  I base this on a comparison to Krecji at 4 mil and the most points he ever got was 73.  Proportionally Wheeler (45 pts most he ever got) is at 2.4 mil.  Max.

I would be ok with him getting 1.5.  Below 2 is reasonable.  2-2.5 is getting kind of up there with Ference and I wasn't happy with that deal at all.

He is unproven.  He has to put up some points numbers before he can get salary numbers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would sign him for 3 years for $6.5 ...that would be a real deal cause after this contract his valu will go to apporox $5MM to $7MM believe me

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

league minimum

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you really believe that, Stanley, why wouldn't you offer him $35m/10yrs?  'Cause I bet he'd jump on that and you'd be a genius to have a guy worth 5-7M on the payroll for a decade at 2/3rds to 1/2 of his value.  But you're only willing to go 3 years at $2M and change?  Sounds like you're not as convinced as you'd like us to believe. 

I've had a range in my head.  I'd like to see him at $1.5 (well, I'd like to see him making $7M/yr in a Leaf uniform for the next 15 years, all things considered), and I could see it coming in anywhere between that at $2.1M.  Term is a bigger deal, because this is one of those deals where short term means short money and the longer the term, the more you dole out to pay for years of arbitration awards and improved pay for more experienced play.  I'd love to see him sign a $1.5/1yr offer and be right back here again next year.  "Grow a pair and we'll find the money to pay you."  I'd put that right in the language of the contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Anywhere from 2.2M-2.6M is what he'll get, IMO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How much is he asking ? Has this circulated ?
    To me he's worth not more than 2M although he might get up and around 2.5M if you add in his potential.I get the feeling he wants 2.5+ or about 3M and Bruins want to give him just below 2M.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Wow, I wouldn't want to go over 2 per for 2 years.  He regressed after a promising rookie season and looked absolutely lost at times this year.  For his frame he plays way too soft.  I'm sure PC will give him 3 per with a NTC though.  That just seems to be the trend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$:
    I would sign him for 3 years for $6.5 ...that would be a real deal cause after this contract his valu will go to apporox $5MM to $7MM believe me Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Again... Believe you based on what?? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If you really believe that, Stanley, why wouldn't you offer him $35m/10yrs?  'Cause I bet he'd jump on that and you'd be a genius to have a guy worth 5-7M on the payroll for a decade at 2/3rds to 1/2 of his value.  But you're only willing to go 3 years at $2M and change?  Sounds like you're not as convinced as you'd like us to believe.  I've had a range in my head.  I'd like to see him at $1.5 (well, I'd like to see him making $7M/yr in a Leaf uniform for the next 15 years, all things considered), and I could see it coming in anywhere between that at $2.1M.  Term is a bigger deal, because this is one of those deals where short term means short money and the longer the term, the more you dole out to pay for years of arbitration awards and improved pay for more experienced play.  I'd love to see him sign a $1.5/1yr offer and be right back here again next year.  "Grow a pair and we'll find the money to pay you."  I'd put that right in the language of the contract.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Bookboy, I've decided to respond to you because you generally have well informed posts and a good idea of what's going on.  However I have to say that Wheeler's floor is firmly placed at 2.35 million.  This is the number which Nikolai Kulemin signed for.  He's a better player then Kulemin and has a higher upside then Kulemin.

Here are Kulemin's numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4188/career;_ylt=AtNOau6NvGaIQTRjuQ_wkXhivLYF

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I'd give hime 1.875  Id split the differnce with him between his cap hit, (2.85) and his base pay..
    He will get a gaurnteed salary, and the team gets some cap relief...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ricky, you're probably not wrong.  And if that's the case, I hope Blake uses the fall golf season to work on his short game.  Always plenty to work on with your short game.

I haven't spent a lot of time chasing down opinion of the Kulemin signing, but what I have read echoes my sentiments - Brian Burke is a genius...for what reason?  Kulemin's contract is almost as inflationary as the offer sheet to Penner, though not exactly a second Finger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

has he proven himself so far? 1.75mil 1yr contract

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

On my knowledges of the game and my skills in players evalaution rolerhoky19

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

On my knowledges of the game and my skills in players evalaution rolerhoky19 Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

you post all of this with nothing to back it up, your knowledge of the game?? you call wheeler a power foward, as well as a top 5 player..

and your skills in player evaluation?? 33g gauranteed out of wheeler this season.. I assume you would be willing ot hold that number even if he isnt with the bruins, and doesnt play on krejci wing?

I mean, how old are you you talked about being willing to give up your "lucrative job" to help out pc when you come acrossed as some 13yr old wheeler fan, your "evaluation" of him is as a fan, not as an unbiased observer..

If it was an honest evaluation you would be willing to contend that he is soft, ahs potential but is a question mark/wild card since he hasnt shown anything to suggest he will actually work to reach any of this potential.. He's probably holding out waiting for toronto to come knocking with a 4m per offer sheet...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And or the record, you have never actually evaluated him on here from what i have seen, you come on and post a lot of gaurantees with nothing to back them up with out providing any insight as to why you feel this way..  You bash and insult people who disagree with you (how many times have you posted "you idiots you don't trade wheeler") while offering very little...

Saying hes going to score 350 goals is not an evaluation, its your guess, even if its your opinionated guess its just a guess you being a fan of him and project stats isn't an evaluation its a projection.. when you learn the differnce you lets us know..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

On my knowledges of the game and my skills in players evalaution rolerhoky19 Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

Stanley, you lose all credibility when you post ridiculous things like Wheeler is the missing link that will see the Bruins win the cup for the next three seasons, and yet, you would only offer him a three year contract...

I see Wheeler as the softest 6'5" player that I have ever seen play the game...

But if you think he is a frachise-type player, why aren't you suggesting that the Bruins lock him down for seven - ten years...

Gawd knows that I would suggest that if I thought that this guy was Crosby like...

Are you related to Wheeler, perhaps ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

You guys are almost as dumb as stanley just for responding to him. Haven't you guys realised by now that nothing he spews out makes sense. We all know that stanley is not gonna get a position in bruins management and we all know wheeler isnt going to average 40 goals for the next 10 seasons. Whats the point in arguing with stanley?? Don't respond to his posts and maybe he'll stop

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think what Blake and his agent might realize this time around in comparison to his holdout in Phoenix is they both know that Wheeler has potential to score more because of the talent that the Boston has coming in plus Sturm (injury) n Ryder's (not wanted) minutes should go down significantly. Wheeler's minutes go up better numbers for the next contract.

I'll jump on the bandwagon 2-2.25Mil a year for 2 years. There's your chance show me that I shouldn't call you Wheeker anymore Blake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Blah blah blah.....I've already said I would not wate my time with you anymore...I will let Big Wheel speaks for himself with his performances over the next 3 years..you wont believe your eyes...and you will all congr. me for my VISION so stop it please and let the season begins for MR BLAKE WHEELER ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

blah blah blah? that's what you have to say?  That's how you respond when your being called out and can't respond with anything worth while.. Way to silence the critics...

if your I won't waste my time on you is directed at me I never saw it, it certainly isn't in this board, But I can understand how time consuming formulating an intelligent thought must be for you...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Counterpoints all nicely evaded by Stanley... 

I agree with 2 years @ 2.0 - 2.5 Million (maximum)...

Work in some anti-soft bonuses in there, maybe...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

pay him based on his grit and heart, oh I forgot you can't offer a contract for zero. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

pay him based on his grit and heart, oh I forgot you can't offer a contract for zero. 
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Duly noted !

How about we start @ 2 per and throw in an extra 20 bucks everytime that Wheeler actually hits somebody... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$ : Duly noted ! How about we start @ 2 per and throw in an extra 20 bucks everytime that Wheeler actually hits somebody... 
    Posted by RMiller87

And take away 20 everytime he gets called offsides. Then he'll reach the league minimum before the all star break.