What is Wheeler worth $$$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$

In Response to Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$:
    In Response to Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$ : And take away 20 everytime he gets called offsides. Then he'll reach the league minimum before the all star break.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Man don't get me started on Wheeler's offsides damn it he's terrible at it Frown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Alright, alright but we'll only take off $10 everytime the guy goes offside because we don't want the kid to starve or anything...  

Anyone also recall Wheeler's first NHL fight with Ryan O'Byrne ?

It looked like the guy couldn't wait to get out of it after shedding the gloves...

I suggest giving him another $100 if he goes to the gym and learns how to fight...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

how about the B's offer him the minimum and a jock strap so he can take off the G-string.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See, I cannot help but point out that a Big Wheel is a cheap, plastic tricycle that pre-school kids ride before they're ready for the big boy bikes.  Somehow, that seems like an appropriate moniker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

See, I cannot help but point out that a Big Wheel is a cheap, plastic tricycle that pre-school kids ride before they're ready for the big boy bikes.  Somehow, that seems like an appropriate moniker.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I think your forgetting how awesome they are though...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Another point to Wheeler's view of his own greatness is the original two year deal.  Most first contracts are for three years.  My guess, based on his attitude in interviews and his original hold out, is that he figured he was going to light it up and get onto that big fat second contract quickly.  I'd bet he wished his original deal was for three years so he could have one more to prove his worth before signing the next one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

I'd sign him to 1 year, 1.8m.  Tell him he had a down year in terms of both play and production and that after this year he could make a lot more. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

1 year at 2 million and he won't be back next year no matter what happens after this upcoming season.

Next year he will either explode and get close to 70 points or get similiar totals he has been getting the two past years hovering around 40 points. But if he explodes bruins won't be able to afford what he will ask and if he doesn't pc will probably have lost all the patience he had for wheeler

He is a good skater and good plus minus guy (have to give him that) but he has bad hands and overall skills for a guy picked 5th overall.

He tries but doesn't get the job done. In the playoffs in these two years he has done didly.

I don't expect much from him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robardo. Show Robardo's posts

I would give him a 2y 2.2m contract with a one-way 3y 3m extension option.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1 year at 2 million and he won't be back next year no matter what happens after this upcoming season. Next year he will either explode and get close to 70 points or get similiar totals he has been getting the two past years hovering around 40 points. But if he explodes bruins won't be able to afford what he will ask and if he doesn't pc will probably have lost all the patience he had for wheeler He is a good skater and good plus minus guy (have to give him that) but he has bad hands and overall skills for a guy picked 5th overall. He tries but doesn't get the job done. In the playoffs in these two years he has done didly. I don't expect much from him
    Posted by yaz16

He doesn't have bad hands.  Paille has bad hands. 

He doesn't have bad overall skills.  Shawn Thornton has bad overall skills.

It doesn't matter where he was drafted.  It matters what he's done.  In his first two years in the league, he has finished seventh and fifth in team scoring while being defensively responsible.

He does play soft.  He does take shifts, periods, nights off.  That can change with maturity. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and play him on right wing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: What is Wheeler worth $$$ : He doesn't have bad hands.  Paille has bad hands.  He doesn't have bad overall skills.  Shawn Thornton has bad overall skills. It doesn't matter where he was drafted.  It matters what he's done.  In his first two years in the league, he has finished seventh and fifth in team scoring while being defensively responsible. He does play soft.  He does take shifts, periods, nights off.  That can change with maturity. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Finishing fifth in scoring on the B's last year is hardly an accomplishment especially considering he was playing with a good center in Krejci.Wheeler just can't get it done and he hasn't played consistently well in about a year and a half.He's not the smartest player in the world and at times actually seems to do too much skating.Paille does  have bad hands but at least he does find a way to contribute in other ways.I would like to see the B's move Wheeler. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Here's my GUESS !   Wheeler signs a 4mill/2yr contract and gets traded at the Feb/11 trade deadline.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Id give him a bag of practice pucks and Krejci's sweaty jockstrap

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Man!!  You guys are all gonna get taken off of Stanley's Christmas card list!!

Wheeler has definitely shown some signs of brilliance and talent throughout his 2 years here, and he has also grown better defensively - to the point that he regularly does PK duty.   That's important.

The list of what he doesn't do is somewhat short, but doesn't include physical play too often.  It also doesn't appear to be playing with full out effort and complete concentration at all times.  Those are obviously big items and quite concerning.

The answer is obviously a short term contract of 1 or 2 years that gets signed prior to the arbitration date.  The Bruins could have a lot of negative comments to take to arbitration, and not knowing Wheeler's psyche it could really affect his ability to play for a team that had slammed him in a hearing. It could make for a long year as the B's could not trade him for the 1st year.

With a short contract, Wheeler has the ability to change his fortunes.  Additionally, the B's have the option of giving him another chance to grow into what he is capable of, or to divest themselves of this project while he still has some market value.

I still hold hope that he can develop into a strong player,  but PC has to set a deadline (i.e. 1 year) to decide whether to keep or dump him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Not a talent I want to lose and he has it.

I'd love to see him at 2M, but I expect to see him closer to his bonus cap hit at 2.5-2.8M.

He is worth more than Sturm at 3.5 and Ryder's contract at 4M.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

A buck 50 or a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Not a talent I want to lose and he has it. I'd love to see him at 2M, but I expect to see him closer to his bonus cap hit at 2.5-2.8M. He is worth more than Sturm at 3.5 and Ryder's contract at 4M.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I don't agree.. RFA for one means his value is lower, we do not have to compete against other teams for his services. 

2, sturm is the best player of the 3 when healthy (currently).

and Ryder has out produced wheeler over the past 2 seasons and look at all the crap he gets for coming here as a free agent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Kovalchuk $100MM for 17 years,,,,well I think Big Wheel will be even better than Kovy in 2-3 years from now ...so he desserve $100 for 15 years

Stanley Cup tothe Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem61. Show jem61's posts

I agree with Bookboy's post early in this thread.  I'd give him $1.5M for one year.  This has to be the year he either lives up to his potential, or firmly establishes himself as a 4th line role player.  Because with the exception of his first two months in the league, that is what he has been.  And then if he lives up to his potential, he gets big $$ next year.

Unfortunately, if his case goes to arbitration, he'll probably get more like $2.5M, maybe more, and I'm sure his agent knows that, so it'll be tough to sign him for much less.  If he does get /> $2.5M in arbitration, expect the B's to walk away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Stanley is correct in one respect (only), the player did not cost the Bs anything.  He signed on to a contract without loss in trade etc.  That said, he is worth 2 million for one year.  Wheeler if he is what he thinks he is will revel at the thought he can bargain for more next year.  If he is not then the Bs are not going to have to pay him for several years.  17 years for Kovy is joke just like the CBA.  Oh well, I feel better now, Wheeler is worth the investment at 2 mil approximately.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I guess the CBA just fought back, isla - it must have been hurt by your comment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

With David Perron signing for 1.8 and 2.5 with a 2.15 cap hit.  I believe that bodes well for a Blake Wheeler deal.  I would be happy if Wheeler signs the same deal eventhough I believe that Perron is a better player with a higher ceiling from what I've read.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Perron is definitely a better, more productive player, certainly more valuable to his team, though i would argue wheeler has a higher ceiling. I think this provides a strong case for the bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wheeler should sign for close to the Perron deal.  Good news for all.