What is wrong with you people

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Re: What is wrong with you people

In Response to Re: What is wrong with you people:
    In Response to Re: What is wrong with you people : a Okay sticking to hockey and trying to understand what you're writing but now you brought some new points . I'll respect one thing your opinion. Kessel 45-50 goals, never,  not this year nor the next. If he proves otherwise good for him. That Kessel is better than Savard, you got to be kidding me ! Savard didn't make the Canadian National team because of the likes of other elite centers (i.e. Crosby, Getzlaf, Lecavalier) maybe not even Thornton will make that team.  If Marc Savard was an American he would make Team U.S.A in a heartbeat. Now that would be amazing because even Kessel would profit from this.
    Posted by BsLegion

true that , if sav would have been american he would have made it the usa team
    but nothwitstanding .
    where i totally disagree with u is that u prefer sav over kess.
    ur off on this one. just ask burke an ex-cup winner with a young franchise team like the ducks.
    Sav is 10 yrs older if not more
    Sav passes well but no sniper and no BANGER
    Kess has great hands , deadly accurate , can and i think he will become a great sniper. no banger either
    Kess has also great vision and he will become a good playmaker as well.
    he will get his 100 pts within next two yrs. Sav never got 100 pts , came close though.
    kess a tremendous skater.

When their careers are all said and done .(as long as they remain healthy) kess will be among the top american born players to play the game

look i know we want to feel as if we got the better of the deal, that we do not really need him , but let's see. Kess's talent is not one easily replaced, fact is, we may never replace it. Now some of us feel we can still win with the CURRENT team . i say we cannot .

so there u have it,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

burke had no interest in krejci because he was signed instantly

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with you people : true that , if sav would have been american he would have made it the usa team but nothwitstanding . where i totally disagree with u is that u prefer sav over kess. ur off on this one. just ask burke an ex-cup winner with a young franchise team like the ducks. Sav is 10 yrs older if not more Sav passes well but no sniper and no BANGER Kess has great hands , deadly accurate , can and i think he will become a great sniper. no banger either Kess has also great vision and he will become a good playmaker as well. he will get his 100 pts within next two yrs. Sav never fot 100 pts , came close though. When their careers are all said and done .(as long as they remain healthy) kess will be among the top american born players to play the game look i know we want to feel as if we got the better of the deal, that we do not really need him , but let's see. Kess's talent is not one easily replaced, fact is, we may never replace it. Now some of us feel we can still win with the CURRENT team . i say we cannot . so there u have it,
    Posted by marco100

Savard no banger, true.  However, he is much more willing to TAKE a hit than Kessel.  I have seen him get better about sacrificing the body than Kessel.  Remember the game against Dallas last season?  It was Savard throwing a punch to defend Lucic.

Kessel, greatest American player ever?  Bold prediction.

Hamill, who knows.  Lots of playmakers develop slowly.  Use Savard's and Oate's careers as templates.  Savard about 8 years to close in on 100 pts, Oates 7 years to close in on 150 pts.  Someone said in a previous post long ago that he would make the NHL out of juniors, I said no way and was berated because his coach (Constantine) said he would.  Certainly he isn't a slam dunk to make it.  I would say this is a make or break year for him, if he doesn't turn in decent numbers in the AHL this year, then I think his future looks bleak.

With the potential draft picks they have, if they don't trade those picks they should invest good money into scouting.  Look at the 2007 draft, after Hamill the next success I see is all the way down at pick 26, David Perron of the Blues.  Other than the top few picks, it is a gamble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MilanLucic. Show MilanLucic's posts

Very good comment Brent ...Lucic is a must will probably one of the top 10 NHL Superstars after the upcoming season ! !

GO BRUINS ! ! !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

never had any talented players from their mid draft choices. all great teams are built through the draft. Posted by marco100

Wrong again Marco Polo French Canadian Bruins hater TROLL! All solid recent draftees. Good solid role players with some players who will be great!

Patrice Bergeron 2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (45th overall)

Milan Lucic      2006 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (50th overall) 

David Krejci     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (63rd overall)

Matt Hunwick     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 7th  (224th overall)

Vladimir Sobotka 2005 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (106th overall)

Byron Bitz       2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (107th overall)

Keep up your none sense Francois very funny poster you are. Keep em coming!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davids508. Show Davids508's posts

I cant figure out why Toronto made this trade.Toronto needs more offense,true,but Burke does not like non-physical players.He wants his forwards taking the body,and thats something that Kessel doesnt do.He built his Anaheim team on grit,and he's rebuilding the Leafs the same way.I dont see Kessel as a good fit in Toronto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

I cant figure out why Toronto made this trade.Toronto needs more offense,true,but Burke does not like non-physical players.He wants his forwards taking the body,and thats something that Kessel doesnt do.He built his Anaheim team on grit,and he's rebuilding the Leafs the same way.I dont see Kessel as a good fit in Toronto.
    Posted by Davids508

Would you say Selanne is a tough, take-the-body player? Because he was on that championship team. You need a healthy mix of talents on a winning squad, which is why it would have been nice to keep kessel, but he wanted about 1.5-2 mil more than he deserves at this point in his career.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with you people : Wrong again Marco Polo French Canadian Bruins hater TROLL! All solid recent draftees. Good solid role players with some players who will be great! Patrice Bergeron 2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (45th overall) Milan Lucic      2006 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (50th overall)  David Krejci     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (63rd overall) Matt Hunwick     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 7th  (224th overall) Vladimir Sobotka 2005 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (106th overall) Byron Bitz       2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (107th overall) Keep up your none sense Francois very funny poster you are. Keep em coming!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

GEEZ ,  just the first 4 are amazing !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with you people : Savard no banger, true.  However, he is much more willing to TAKE a hit than Kessel.  I have seen him get better about sacrificing the body than Kessel.  Remember the game against Dallas last season?  It was Savard throwing a punch to defend Lucic. Kessel, greatest American player ever?  Bold prediction. Hamill, who knows.  Lots of playmakers develop slowly.  Use Savard's and Oate's careers as templates.  Savard about 8 years to close in on 100 pts, Oates 7 years to close in on 150 pts.  Someone said in a previous post long ago that he would make the NHL out of juniors, I said no way and was berated because his coach (Constantine) said he would.  Certainly he isn't a slam dunk to make it.  I would say this is a make or break year for him, if he doesn't turn in decent numbers in the AHL this year, then I think his future looks bleak. With the potential draft picks they have, if they don't trade those picks they should invest good money into scouting.  Look at the 2007 draft, after Hamill the next success I see is all the way down at pick 26, David Perron of the Blues.  Other than the top few picks, it is a gamble.
    Posted by BadHabitude

true to sav takin a hit more then kess, gretzky neever did like getting hit.
    naever said kessel will be the greates american born player but has the talent to become on of the best usa born players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gusgilpin. Show gusgilpin's posts

Its a gamble.  The Leafs are not a better team this year than last.   Last year they drafted 7th.  If Bruins can draft 7th in an EXCELLENT draft year, then they could wind up in a great position.  So lets all watch the leafs implode again and the deal looks good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Kessel didn't want to play here. He was offered as trade bait at the deadline and that may have been a deciding factor for him."Not feelin' the love" Just beacuse you want a player gone to get a good player doesn't make it happen. It's not fantasy hockey here or a Hockey Pool . Kessel is who gets you the good stuff. Talking about Bergy and Rider at the trade deadline instead of Kessel- problem. . .no one wants them. You have to entertain all offers that can make you better.I think that Kessel's agent sees him in the same light as Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin- STARS- marketing giants. Where better to do that than "The Centre of the Universe". Phil is another great player on a team with plenty of talent that plays bigger than the sum of its individual parts when in Boston. However,in TO Phil can be King-Leaf games are on Hockey Night in Canada every week no matter how much they sux. Everyone and their dog now knows and will always know Phil Kessel.In Boston, other than B's fans - who cares? Most people know and care more about who last stuck a needle in their buttocks from the Red Sox or when Tom Brady had his last bowell movement. Another thing that made this happen . . The only star bigger than Phil in Toronto is Brian Burke. For Burke it is the big splash- He did it again.Blabbed about going after Tavares- nothing happened of course . . .boom- just saved face big time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with you people : OK, that is a valid point, but it still leaves an ugly situation.  With 1.7 mil left in cap space, you would have to clear 3.7 to sign Kessel.  Where you going to get that space.  You would have to dump those guys for picks only, and who's going to do that for you?  Everybody and anybody knows they have you over a barrel.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yes. Plus you will definitely not be able to resign another player or two next year. 

Julien has been successful because he has put in structure/organization/system to the team, he has managed to get most of the players to buy into the team concept, and he holds players accountable. How is going to be able to do that in the future if the guy who has bought into that the least is given, at 21 and with only one good season behind, the second highest salary on the team?  Can you imagine the reaction of the other players? 

The guy is probably the physically weakest player on the team and yet he sees little need to work on that. etc  Do we really think he will listen to Julien and management to work on areas of his game now that he is set with $27M?  There is a reason that the guy dropped from #1 to #5 in the draft and three years later little has changed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul-from-SFL. Show Paul-from-SFL's posts

The Bruins strength is based on rolling out 3 scoring lines with balanced scoring ability 20-30 goals per player and an energy line that can pump in a few goal along the way, not built around one or two 40-50 goal scorers like the Sens. Losing a 36 or even a few more goals scorer does not change much.  

1. We have to plug in a guy who can score 20+ goals.  Why?  because we do play a defensive game first and do it well.  Replacing Phil with a 2 way player reduces the number of goals we have to score to win games.  
    2. Having a young team, the upside to score more per player is a more plausible scenario than dropping off goal production.
    3.  Having a good group of ready prospects to draw from to get that 2 way 20 goal scorer.
    4.  $1.7 million in the bank now is worth more at the end of the season because we only pay a % of annual salary for the games remaining to be played.  You can pick up an expensive player for a fraction of his salary IF your prospects don't work out.  And losing Kessel isn't going to keep you out of the Playoffs.  You can sign on another Recchi.
    5.  The only place I see Phil hurting us is he was good in shootouts and that was worth about 4-5 games....... leaving us at 111 points and that's still damn good.
    6.  The salary cap is to create MORE competition not let you buy everyone you want.
    7.  PC is doing a great job living within the cap restraints and keeping the farm stocked with good prospects all the while getting lower valued picks because you're finishing higher.
    8.  Use your 2 firsts and 3 seconds to trade up in the draft is alway great position to be in as a strategy.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mak1939. Show mak1939's posts

Here we are 30 minutes after the B's defeat Montreal 2-1 and there has not been a word of any kind that they are even playing!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Here we are 30 minutes after the B's defeat Montreal 2-1 and there has not been a word of any kind that they are even playing!
    Posted by marshallakrantz
    I here ya, what's with that? Maybe the habs have more pull than we think. HAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

burke had no interest in krejci because he was signed instantly
    Posted by dkrejci46

i realize that , even if he was signed burke would have not pursued him or anu other team the way they pursued kess, and krejci would never get same money

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Good points were made here but what does the title of the post have to do with the initial post?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

"I think PC did a great job to get the return he did on Kessel"
    What? Draft choices are like LavaLife. You never know what you're getting.
    PC could have had Kaberle ALL star) for Kessel straight up but he thought he could fleece Burke and ask for a first rounder in addition to Kaberle. Right!
    I can not understand people ripping Kessel for not taking a home-town discount when they tried to trade him repeatedly and turned the culture of the dressing room against him.
    Whatever, he's a Leaf and probably a highly motivated one. What exactly was his motivation in Boston?
    Like one post said, Wilson makes Julien look like a teddy bear and is far more effective in getting the most out of his players than simply giving him directions to the weight room. Julien looks like the fifth face on Mt Rushmore behind the bench. What a motivator!
    Should be interesting this season when the Leafs come to Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins9186dc. Show bruins9186dc's posts

"I think PC did a great job to get the return he did on Kessel" What? Draft choices are like LavaLife. You never know what you're getting. PC could have had Kaberle ALL star) for Kessel straight up but he thought he could fleece Burke and ask for a first rounder in addition to Kaberle. Right! I can not understand people ripping Kessel for not taking a home-town discount when they tried to trade him repeatedly and turned the culture of the dressing room against him. Whatever, he's a Leaf and probably a highly motivated one. What exactly was his motivation in Boston? Like one post said, Wilson makes Julien look like a teddy bear and is far more effective in getting the most out of his players than simply giving him directions to the weight room. Julien looks like the fifth face on Mt Rushmore behind the bench. What a motivator! Should be interesting this season when the Leafs come to Boston.
    Posted by scotland19

the deal for Kaberle was NOT straight up. Burke wanted a pick (I believe 3rd round) back from the B's as well. Again, for the 28th time, Kessel was NEVER coming back here. By at least getting something for him instead of being slapped with an offer sheet, PC made out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonchassey. Show jasonchassey's posts

the deal could have been better, like a BODY, a prospect... somebody that is actually playing hockey at a professional hockey right now. not someone that might play hockey in 1 to 2 years from now

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Couldn't agree more with Brent.  Wilson and Burke are pretty hardnosed guys, a lot more than Claude and PC so I'm not too sure how much Kessle will like it there.  He's a bit soft and couldn't handle the constructive criticism and construvtive pressure from Claude, nevermind now being called out publicly in the media by his coach or GM.  And Toronto is hockey mad and he will be in a far brighter spotlight there than he ever would have if he stayed here.  He also had palymaker linemates produced scoring chances for him.  For the most part now in Toronto it will only be him and he'll be relied on to be the sole scoring provider.  Bottom line was, he was too sensitive for the constructive criticsm of Claude and no matter what did not want to stay here because of that.  I wouldn't have made a difference on the offer, he wanted out.  Lucky for us we get to boo him a good amount of times when the Leafs come with being in the divison.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

my uncle has been involved in recent interviews with kessel... kessel didn't want to be here at all. had a bad attitude and didn't get along with anyone.

i think that this post has been the best i've seen, involved PK. thank you very much, we all now know that there are other sane B's fans out there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

Thank you Brent, I agree with all of your points. Who knew Phil was that unhappy here and while it is his right to go after the big bucks, I'm glad the Bruins didn't spend that much right now to keep him.  $5.4mil per year may be a bargin for him in a few years, but I believe the team is better off using the money other places the next 2 years.

Go B's!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

In Response to What is wrong with you people : sure, great job pc just gave up a potentuial 45-50 goal scorer for choices that based on history will probably never pan out. rather have kess then sav( goes without saying,) sav not even on nat team. let's not sugar copat kess departure , irt can turn out to be a devasting loss to the bruins. Do i think that the bruins are done. No, i think that with the currrnt roster , they will make playoffs and get eliminated quicker then they did last yr.
    Posted by marco100

You are a broken record. What in God's name is copat?
    You don't like Savvy who has been nothing but a great Bruin. Why do you not like him I would think you would see him a bit better looking then fugly Kessel.
    I think your done and should be no longer posting anything on NESN.com and Boston.com. By the way it I Relicsun. You are yammering on and on about what you think. Put your money where your mouth is.
    Really man what makes you think you are an aficionado on the Bruins?
    Look no one in this world wants to hear what you think. Every post you send is the same as one before. Well there is one difference your spelling gets worse and worse. Your a dumb @$$ son. Go away!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

benched or injured first?

if he stayed here there would be "soft" comments all year.

Sections
Shortcuts