What team couldn't use a player like this??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

What team couldn't use a player like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm59QJTpcRo

He has a ton of Value to the Bruins. you cant deny it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Re: What team couldn't use a player like this??

I would have no problem if the Bruins got rid of Savard. I have little respect left for him. Yes, he is an excellent offensive player. However, he was a complete idiot in the Flyers series. First, he got involved with the worthless Daniel Carcillo. Then, he through his teammate under the bus after he caused the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty that lost Game 7. He is supposed to be a leader on this team. Be a man and own up to your mistake. Act like a leader.

Savard is 33. He is coming off a season when he was injured most of the season. Will he stay healthy? Big question. Also, the Bruins are deep at center. Bergeron & Krejci are better all-around players. Seguin is going to be a franchise center in a year or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this??:
    I would have no problem if the Bruins got rid of Savard. I have little respect left for him. Yes, he is an excellent offensive player. However, he was a complete idiot in the Flyers series. First, he got involved with the worthless Daniel Carcillo. Then, he through his teammate under the bus after he caused the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty that lost Game 7. He is supposed to be a leader on this team. Be a man and own up to your mistake. Act like a leader. Savard is 33. He is coming off a season when he was injured most of the season. Will he stay healthy? Big question. Also, the Bruins are deep at center. Bergeron & Krejci are better all-around players. Seguin is going to be a franchise center in a year or two.
    Posted by lordy4

Lordy, lordy, right on! I think Savard's presence will delay the development of Seguin.

But, then again, Seguin has the mental capacity and toughness to overcome that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

But, then again, Seguin has the mental capacity and toughness to overcome that.
    Posted by Wheatskins

How can you so confidently say that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudduck72. Show mudduck72's posts

are you kidding me!! do we really belive seguin will step right in and save us?Ya Mark was wrong for his comments but he is BY FAR the best player we have and its not even close!! He is a top 5 tallent at center!we seem to forget when we lost joe how bad it was and look at the time last year without mark we looked worse then bad! this team is so close to even think about letting one of the best play makers in the world go!screw defence look at ovie, crosby, malkin, they r all the same offence first!! we have enough defence ,we can afford 1 total offencive player! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

If Seguin walks in and lights up the league all the better.  I like the way Savard and Bergy play together. Both intelligent and creative players. One complements the other. I think Bergy is a great two way center but I think he is more valuable in an offensive role and we could still count on him to be responsible in his own zone. Put Bergy on the wing with Savard and Lucic. Seguin with Horton and Rex. Though I hate to waste Krejci on a line with wheeler and Ryder. Maybe those two will get their head out of their a$$es.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I would have no problem if the Bruins got rid of Savard. I have little respect left for him. Yes, he is an excellent offensive player. However, he was a complete idiot in the Flyers series. First, he got involved with the worthless Daniel Carcillo. Then, he through his teammate under the bus after he caused the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty that lost Game 7. He is supposed to be a leader on this team. Be a man and own up to your mistake. Act like a leader. Savard is 33. He is coming off a season when he was injured most of the season. Will he stay healthy? Big question. Also, the Bruins are deep at center. Bergeron & Krejci are better all-around players. Seguin is going to be a franchise center in a year or two.
    Posted by lordy4

Have you ever had a concussion? I have. I'll tell you what it's like.

The pain is constant. You're dizzy and nauseated all the time. You can't walk to the bathroom without leaning on the wall. You can't keep food down. You can't read, watch TV, talk on the phone. You lie in a dark room, praying for the pain to stop. Every cough, every sneeze, every time you throw up, you think your head is going to split open.

That's what Marc Savard went through. For weeks. Most reasonable people didn't expect him to be back for the playoffs, let alone contribute.

Thankfully, he started feeling better, but it was a long recovery. After weeks of doing nothing, he had to get back to physical activity. Walking. Putting. Climbing stairs. Eventually, skating. Heart pounding after three minutes on the ice. He had to put the weight he'd lost back on.

Finally, he's cleared to play. He skates sparingly in Game One, obviously way off his game, but doing what he can to contribute. Halfway through the series, David Krejci goes down, and suddenly, he's got to skate 20 minutes a game. He has to. There's nobody else. Yes, he played badly. What on earth did you expect?

And yeah, he said a couple of dumb things afterward. He's an emotional guy, and sometimes he says emotional, stupid things. How would you feel, after all that? I don't know about you, but I'd feel like crap. Maybe you're better than me. 

As for getting "involved with the worthless Dan Carcillo," I don't know what that has to do with anything. Marty Brodeur was "involved" on the ice with Sean Avery during a playoff game. Whose fault was that?

Maybe Seguin will be a franchise player in a year or two. But he's 18 years old. For anyone to expect him to come in an seamlessly take over for Marc Savard is putting ridiculous pressure on the kid's shoulders. 

The Bruins are a good team partly because they have amazing strength at the center position. To take away their best center would be akin to someone knocking out a corner pillar holding up a house. Sure, the house may continue to stand, but it's going to be nowhere near as strong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

"I expect Marc to be a Bruin under his contract seasons," Chiarelli said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Look out guys, the Bergeron cult is out on the hunt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Let's review the low lights of the past year alone.

1.  Dubious front loaded, 7 year contract currently being investigated by the League -- Savard's agent panics and threatens to sue the League today before the League can conclude their investigation on whether there was or was not circumvention.

2.  Several embarrassing attempts to engage Carcillo during the Flyers - Bruins series.

3.  The infamous "too many men on the ice" penalty and his subsequent throwing of a teammate under the bus to shift the responsibility.

4.  Lack of response from ANY teammates during a game, in which, Matt Cooke almost knocks Savard's head off.  Hmmm.  Most teams protect their superstars.        

All while scoring a grand total of...  yes, you guessed it...  33 pts.

Is this a team leader ?

Because I really find this guy to be a yappy, undisciplined punk and a "me first" type of player.

I wouldn't actually mind if the League revoked this contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Dare I use the phrase...

Team cancer !

Won the first playoff series (without home ice advantage) without him in the lineup...

Biggest playoff collapse in the history of hockey (with home ice advantage) with him in the lineup... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Dare I use the phrase... Team cancer ! Won the first playoff series (without home ice advantage) without him in the lineup... Biggest playoff collapse in the history of hockey (with home ice advantage) with him in the lineup... 
    Posted by RMiller87

My God, enough already.

Please go join a Canadiens board and dis Savard over there.

Good god, even you aren't stupid enough to blame an injury-riddled player for a low-scoring season. You're just deliberately trolling now, and stupid me, I'm falling for it.

That's it. I can't take it anymore. Time for ignore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : My God, enough already. You're just deliberately trolling now, and stupid me, I'm falling for it. That's it. I can't take it anymore. Time for ignore.
    Posted by duinne

Seeing the newest clown acts posts collapsed so you don't have to see them well it's just priceless! Do youself a favor hit that button!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : My God, enough already. Please go join a Canadiens board and dis Savard over there. Good god, even you aren't stupid enough to blame an injury-riddled player for a low-scoring season. You're just deliberately trolling now, and stupid me, I'm falling for it. That's it. I can't take it anymore. Time for ignore.
    Posted by duinne

You seem to ignore all facts and arguments, and engage in simple ad homineum attacks.

You think that Savard's injuries are a legitimate excuse for his unsportsmanlike behaviour and conduct ?

You think that being often injured is a good reason to sign an aging team cancer to a 7 year contract who scored a mere 33 pts. last season ?

I looked up loser (n) in the dictionary,. and there was Marc Savard's photo.

Are you Jack Edwards' sister or something ?

I didn't realize that homerism was genetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I know with a healthier  Lucic and Savard this season our 1st line will connect with the new Bruin Horton. I also notice on the PP goals for Savard was set up by Bergeron. Savard knows where to go to be set up, he has great puck control and quick release no hesistation. Did most of us give Bergeron a second chance after concussions so why can't we do the same for Savard. We need Savy for the offense and to give Seguin a chance to develop. The only downfall the Bruins have are two centers with past concussions and one just rehabing from wrist injury.
    In the long run maybe it is good thing we have center men developing in the minors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Let's review the low lights of the past year alone. 1.  Dubious front loaded, 7 year contract currently being investigated by the League -- Savard's agent panics and threatens to sue the League today before the League can conclude their investigation on whether there was or was not circumvention. 2.  Several embarrassing attempts to engage Carcillo during the Flyers - Bruins series. 3.  The infamous "too many men on the ice" penalty and his subsequent throwing of a teammate under the bus to shift the responsibility. 4.  Lack of response from ANY teammates during a game, in which, Matt Cooke almost knocks Savard's head off.  Hmmm.  Most teams protect their superstars.         All while scoring a grand total of...  yes, you guessed it...  33 pts. Is this a team leader ? Because I really find this guy to be a yappy, undisciplined punk and a "me first" type of player. I wouldn't actually mind if the League revoked this contract.
    Posted by RMiller87

not sure most of this post even deserves a response, but i will touch on the Cooke incident.  that was a pure example of how this team had no heart during the regular season.  this has little to do with Savy in my opinion and more to do with the state pf the B's last year.  i will go out ona hunch that this Cooke thing is far from over as well.  I see a guy like Looch haunting Cooke in their first meeting of the season.

All in all i ask you guys are we a better team with Savard or without Savard?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I find it a bit amusing reading thru all the threads around Savard and Bergeron e.g. trade them, who's better, who's more valuable, who's a cancer, who's a leader, who should move to wing etc etc......and what moves should be made with these guys so that room can be made for Sequin.  I'm sure a lot of teams would love to have that problem

Seems to me that you don't start a domino affect to accommodate an 18 year old player that hasn't done anything in the NHL as of yet and may or may not be returned to junior for 1 more season.

The Bruins have some luxury in handling Sequin the right way if they believe he will become a franchise player.  He is NOT a franchise player yet.

I would think the most prudent thing to do is to start the season with Savard/Bergeron and Krecji as your centermen and see how the team rebounds from an injury-plagued season.

If Seguin makes the team, he starts at wing.  Once you see what the kid can do, you plan accordingly. 

The discussion around what will happen with Bergeron (extension or not) and Savard (trade or remain) is likely a decision that will be made no sooner then the next trading deadline and likely not until the next off-season.

I know it's fun playing GM; I like doing it too, but I'd almost bet the house the Bruins start the season with Krecji/Savard/Bergeron at center and let training camp (and maybe the first 10 games) determine what the next move will be with Sequin.

For the record, I think Bergeron has the potential to be a top 2-way centerman in the league if he's overcome the head injury completely.  I think he can be more then just a great defensive center.  Savard had been one of my more favorite players to watch, but the shine has come off for me after last year.  He seems to be injury prone now, doesn't seem the same player to me even when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll completely rebound from the head shot given his age, and too many rumours around him.  Having said that, I think the Bruins would be making a mistake trading him right now.  Wouldn't look good after signing him to a team-friendly extension.  Finally I think Krecji has the potential to be better then both of them, but he's had a couple of major injuries that he'll have to rebound from.

1st 20 games should be a good harbinger.

Cheers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I find it a bit amusing reading thru all the threads around Savard and Bergeron e.g. trade them, who's better, who's more valuable, who's a cancer, who's a leader, who should move to wing etc etc......and what moves should be made with these guys so that room can be made for Sequin.  I'm sure a lot of teams would love to have that problem Seems to me that you don't start a domino affect to accommodate an 18 year old player that hasn't done anything in the NHL as of yet and may or may not be returned to junior for 1 more season. The Bruins have some luxury in handling Sequin the right way if they believe he will become a franchise player.  He is NOT a franchise player yet. I would think the most prudent thing to do is to start the season with Savard/Bergeron and Krecji as your centermen and see how the team rebounds from an injury-plagued season. If Seguin makes the team, he starts at wing.  Once you see what the kid can do, you plan accordingly.  The discussion around what will happen with Bergeron (extension or not) and Savard (trade or remain) is likely a decision that will be made no sooner then the next trading deadline and likely not until the next off-season. I know it's fun playing GM; I like doing it too, but I'd almost bet the house the Bruins start the season with Krecji/Savard/Bergeron at center and let training camp (and maybe the first 10 games) determine what the next move will be with Sequin. For the record, I think Bergeron has the potential to be a top 2-way centerman in the league if he's overcome the head injury completely.  I think he can be more then just a great defensive center.  Savard had been one of my more favorite players to watch, but the shine has come off for me after last year.  He seems to be injury prone now, doesn't seem the same player to me even when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll completely rebound from the head shot given his age, and too many rumours around him.  Having said that, I think the Bruins would be making a mistake trading him right now.  Wouldn't look good after signing him to a team-friendly extension.  Finally I think Krecji has the potential to be better then both of them, but he's had a couple of major injuries that he'll have to rebound from. 1st 20 games should be a good harbinger. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Nice analysis.

But I really have to wonder if Savard's 7 year contract will be movable if he registers another 33 pt. season like last year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : not sure most of this post even deserves a response, but i will touch on the Cooke incident.  that was a pure example of how this team had no heart during the regular season.  this has little to do with Savy in my opinion and more to do with the state pf the B's last year.  i will go out ona hunch that this Cooke thing is far from over as well.  I see a guy like Looch haunting Cooke in their first meeting of the season. All in all i ask you guys are we a better team with Savard or without Savard?
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

I still recall Looch spending a season virtually hiding from Georges Laraque.

In which case, I suspect that he wants little to do with Eric Godard. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : Nice analysis. But I really have to wonder if Savard's 7 year contract will be movable if he registers another 33 pt. season like last year. 
    Posted by RMiller87

It's a big ironic that when Savard signed the 7-year deal most posters saw it as a great team-friendly deal that was applauded for the most part.

I've, since, noticed a big turnaround in the perceptions around Savard after last year, some deserved; some not.

I think the 7-year deal will eventually come back to haunt the Bruins, not so much in terms of cap issues but hampering them in moving Savard.  I really can't see Savard finishing his career in Boston.

I agree that it would become even harder to move if he has a sub-par year.  I like the potential of a Savard-Horton-Lucic line, though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : Seeing the newest clown acts posts collapsed so you don't have to see them well it's just priceless! Do youself a favor hit that button!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thanks, it's done. It is funny how it show his multiple posts, stacked in piles like cordwood. Don't know why I waited so long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : It's a big ironic that when Savard signed the 7-year deal most posters saw it as a great team-friendly deal that was applauded for the most part. I've, since, noticed a big turnaround in the perceptions around Savard after last year, some deserved; some not. I think the 7-year deal will eventually come back to haunt the Bruins, not so much in terms of cap issues but hampering them in moving Savard.  I really can't see Savard finishing his career in Boston. I agree that it would become even harder to move if he has a sub-par year.  I like the potential of a Savard-Horton-Lucic line, though.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Yes, much has happened since the Savard deal was signed including his concussion, his subpar and selfish play in the playoff series with the Flyers and the drafting of another Centre to change the perception.

There is no question that the potential is there.

There is also alot of uncertainty.

Personally, I think that Chiarelli is really assembling the Ottawa Senators Part II in Boston, and as a Leafs' fan, I think that you likely understand what I mean by that.

I also think that the Savard contract (particularly its length) will likely hurt the Bruins in the long run.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Excellent !

duinne has me on ignore.

Now, I don't have to listen to her nonsense anymore !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Right on Duinne! This bull$hit with Marc Savard has to stop. Losing him at this point will cripple the franchise for 2 or 3 seasons. The new kids name is Seguin Not Crosby. It's unfair to assume he will be a PPG player in the first year and def. won't be any type of leader.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: What team couldn't use a player like this?? : Yes, much has happened since the Savard deal was signed including his concussion, his subpar and selfish play in the playoff series with the Flyers and the drafting of another Centre to change the perception. There is no question that the potential is there. There is also alot of uncertainty. Personally, I think that Chiarelli is really assembling the Ottawa Senators Part II in Boston, and as a Leafs' fan, I think that you likely understand what I mean by that. I also think that the Savard contract (particularly its length) will likely hurt the Bruins in the long run.
    Posted by RMiller87

I don't think his play was subpar in the playoffs.  When taking into account his very recent return from injury, I didn't really expect much.  Keep in mind:  To properly spin a topic in your direction, your statements can't be transparent or just blatently wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts