What to do with Ryder??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

What to do with Ryder??

Micheal Ryder is known for being hot and cold from season to season. So with a bad past season what should the Bruins do with Ryder? I say simply send him down to Pro. The bruins will send a huge message to Ryder that if you dont start putting the puck in the net this is where you'll stay. plus makes room for a younger player who is hungary to get a spot on the Bruins Roster next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: What to do with Ryder??

He will get his chance and then he will be gone if not producing when Sturm comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Ryder??:
    He will get his chance and then he will be gone if not producing when Sturm comes back.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I think this is a great point I hadn't thought of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I think that Ryder just had a bad season last year...

But he is quite capable of scoring 30 goals a season...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I predict...and I am going out on a limb here...that there will be very few negative posts about Ryder this season because he will play much better!! There I said it!!

Why, you may ask??

As I have said before, with the emergence of a top line (barring injury), the second line of Wheels/Rydes/Krejci will regain the form they had 2 years ago and all will be forgiven.

Why is it always Ryder??   I would like to see more posts about Chara's playoff leadership or Juliens coaching miscues but alas, thats for another day. I guess the Wideman trade gives the "whipping boy" title to Ryder by default. The Bruins could do much worse than have a veteran scoring presence like Ryder in the line-up!  I am looking sooooo forward to the beginning of this season because there is a confidence surrounding this team right now like we haven't seen in a while.  Young talent, great goaltending, better defence and hopefully a much improved offense....Ryder included!!!  Go Bruins and Go Ryder.....my posting reputation depends on it!!!!!!!  Hahahahahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Everyone in the Black and Gold should be allowed one bad season...

No one in the Black and Gold should be allowed two bad seasons...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

He'll be bought out good riddance!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Game of inches, how many cross bars or posts he hit last year, 1 a game?

Shots moved 3 inched and he hits 30-35 goals next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I predict...and I am going out on a limb here...that there will be very few negative posts about Ryder this season because he will play much better!! There I said it!! Why, you may ask?? As I have said before, with the emergence of a top line (barring injury), the second line of Wheels/Rydes/Krejci will regain the form they had 2 years ago and all will be forgiven. Why is it always Ryder??   I would like to see more posts about Chara's playoff leadership or Juliens coaching miscues but alas, thats for another day. I guess the Wideman trade gives the "whipping boy" title to Ryder by default. The Bruins could do much worse than have a veteran scoring presence like Ryder in the line-up!  I am looking sooooo forward to the beginning of this season because there is a confidence surrounding this team right now like we haven't seen in a while.  Young talent, great goaltending, better defence and hopefully a much improved offense....Ryder included!!!  Go Bruins and Go Ryder.....my posting reputation depends on it!!!!!!!  Hahahahahaha
    Posted by scottm50

It comes down to ryder more often then not because of his cap hit.. before contracts were such public knowledge, and the nhl had a cap, you could just be a fan, if ryder didn't play well you could slide him back, or sit him down with the cap and his contract its tough to now justify a 4m cap hit for a guy on the bench, or having that kind of money invested on a 3-4 liner.. He is paid to be on the 1-2 line and with the cap limiting roster moves and the ability to cover up bad stretches it puts him in plain view.. Ryders numbers though not great did have him tied for 3rd on the team in goals..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Chiarelli has already said there will be no buyouts this off season. Cross that off the list. Chiarelli has been shopping ryder since the trade deadline with no luck. Cross that off the list...for now. The only other realistic option is to bury Ryder in Providence. Let's say that we send MR to providence, the only difference is that he won't count against the cap.Bos will still have to pay him his full 4 mill. Then we replace Ryder with another player thats 4 million dollars. In essence, that's paying 8 million for one roster spot. It's basically the Bruins flushing 4 million down the drain. Do you really think JJ will be ok with that?

My prediction is that he stays with the bruins until at least the trade deadline. If there are still no takers, Ryder just finishes the playoffs then he comes off the books

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

He starts the season on the 2nd or 3rd line (depending if Savard is still in town) and if he is having another bad year, send him to the Baby B's when Sturm returns.  If he is playing well, it gives you options at the trade deadline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Cannibalism at times has had religious significance. This stems from the belief that the person who eats of the deceased person acquires the desired qualities or characteristics of that person, which resemble the theory of sympathetic magic; examples of this are seen in Attraction of Blood. Rituals were performed for many reasons including purification, pacification of gods, and ancestor worship. In a few instances cannibalism has been practiced for just revenge. In other cases it was believed that the ghost of the enemy would be utterly destroyed when his body was eaten, thus leaving nothing in which his spirit could exist."

Feed him to Wheeler.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chia does not have the wherewithall to " buy out" Ryder. Mr. Jacobs is not in business to throw away $4 mil even dismissing the cap hit. Paying off Lewis and then Schaeffer were the last throw away dollars for Chia. Glen Murray's case was soewhat different, but, not totally inexcusable. So, Chia needs to account for every dollar under his control. Even Harvard teaches economics and P.& L. commitments. The business side of the Hockey world requires management. Jacobs indicated that Chia was trained in the new[ at the time] Cap constraints and impacts when he was hired. So, Ryder will either play his way onto the team in pre-season; or be on Bergie's left wing while Sturm is out; more possibly traded or put on waivers so someone can bite. Chia has clearly stated, " no buy-outs", and his words are direct from JJ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Keep him around?  I really don't see how he is as much of a detriemnt to the team as everyone here makes him out to be.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him score around 30 goals this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chiarelli has already said there will be no buyouts this off season. Cross that off the list. Chiarelli has been shopping ryder since the trade deadline with no luck. Cross that off the list...for now. The only other realistic option is to bury Ryder in Providence. Let's say that we send MR to providence, the only difference is that he won't count against the cap.Bos will still have to pay him his full 4 mill. Then we replace Ryder with another player thats 4 million dollars. In essence, that's paying 8 million for one roster spot. It's basically the Bruins flushing 4 million down the drain. Do you really think JJ will be ok with that? My prediction is that he stays with the bruins until at least the trade deadline. If there are still no takers, Ryder just finishes the playoffs then he comes off the books
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

No credit at all to me as you basically quoting what I said about Sturm?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"Cannibalism at times has had religious significance. This stems from the belief that the person who eats of the deceased person acquires the desired qualities or characteristics of that person, which resemble the theory of sympathetic magic ; examples of this are seen in Attraction of Blood . Rituals were performed for many reasons including purification, pacification of gods, and ancestor worship. In a few instances cannibalism has been practiced for just revenge. In other cases it was believed that the ghost of the enemy would be utterly destroyed when his body was eaten, thus leaving nothing in which his spirit could exist." Feed him to Wheeler.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I like it.  Problem is, according to the CBA his cap hit would count even if he were dead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Attention Everybody, in my earlier post on this thread, I said the bruins will not pay 8 million for ryder's roster spot by sending him ti p-town. That was originally Not-a-shot's idea. He said the same thing about sturm in another thread. Once again, I credit NAS for the idea

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Foreward lineup to start season...

LUCIC        SAVARD        HORTON
    WHEELER    KREJCI          RYDER
    CAMPBELL   BERGERON     RECCHI
    PAILLE        SEGUIN         THORNTON

Foreward lineup after Sturm returns.

LUCIC         SAVARD         HORTON
    WHEELER     KREJCI           SEGUIN
    STURM        BERGERON      RECCHI
    PAILLE        CAMPBELL     THORNTON

If Ryder is playing well, he will be traded. If he is playing like, well, Ryder, he will be placed on waivers and sent to Providence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

One thing about Ryder, he isn't injury prone so I really don't see Sturm taking his spot, after all, ze German isn't that much more of an offensive threat...IF AT ALL!!

When is Sturm expected to return anyway????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Foreward lineup to start season... LUCIC        SAVARD        HORTON WHEELER    KREJCI          RYDER CAMPBELL   BERGERON     RECCHI PAILLE        SEGUIN         THORNTON Foreward lineup after Sturm returns. LUCIC         SAVARD         HORTON WHEELER     KREJCI           SEGUIN STURM         BERGERON      RECCHI PAILLE        CAMPBELL      THORNTON If Ryder is playing well, he will be traded. If he is playing like, well, Ryder, he will be placed on waivers and sent to Providence.
    Posted by biggskye

Why waste seguin's talent by having him play 4th line with Daniel "I cant even score on an empty net" Paille and Shawn "If it werent for fighting I wouldnt have an NHL job" Thornton? He will play wing with either Krejci or Bergeron

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Ryder?? : Why waste seguin's talent by having him play 4th line with Daniel "I cant even score on an empty net" Paille and Shawn "If it werent for fighting I wouldnt have an NHL job" Thornton? He will play wing with either Krejci or Bergeron
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Just trying to work within the cap.
    It would only be a few months, and he would still be getting PP time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Ryder isn't going anywhere unless he's traded.

They won't buy him out.

They may put him on waivers and see if some team picks him up. I'm not 100% on this but I believe, if Ryder is claimed, the Bruins would still be on the hook for 1/2 his remaining contract.

Ryder is capable of 25-30 goals. Unless the player replacing him can replicate that I wouldn't ship him to Providence.

Tyler Seguin's place in the lineup will be determined based on how well he does during camp. He will likely start the season with Boston. They have 10 games into the season to decide to return him to Plymouth. Rest assured, he will not see 4th line duty. If that's the only option he will be sent back to Juniors for top 6 ice time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...where he will get top 1 ice time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

A top draft pick playing on the 4th line to begin his NHL career is  not rare.
    Joe Thornton did it.
    Gord Kluzak played 4th line LW in his 1st season!
    Seguin playing 12 minutes on the 4th line with protection (Thornton), and a good defensive player (Campbell or Paille), + getting PP time, just until Sturm returns, is not a big deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Foreward lineup to start season... LUCIC        SAVARD        HORTON WHEELER    KREJCI          RYDER CAMPBELL   BERGERON     RECCHI PAILLE        SEGUIN         THORNTON Foreward lineup after Sturm returns. LUCIC         SAVARD         HORTON WHEELER     KREJCI           SEGUIN STURM         BERGERON      RECCHI PAILLE        CAMPBELL      THORNTON If Ryder is playing well, he will be traded. If he is playing like, well, Ryder, he will be placed on waivers and sent to Providence.
    Posted by biggskye

Seems like Ryder is in a lose-lose situation. And I agree with your scenerio about Ryder.