What to do with Tim Thomas - Poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

What to do with Tim Thomas - Poll

What to do with TT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: What to do with Tim Thomas - Poll

To hell  your poll we need both of them, they are the best tandem in the NHL and there are other players and picks we can trade to get that scorer. I have to wonder about the intelligence of some of these fans posting on these boards smarten up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

continue as is. When healthy TT is the starter... until then Rask continues to start. I see both getting their fair share of playing time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

thomas will get his starts when he gets back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

I think we do nothing. Rask is playing great, but Tiimy T is your number 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from iwavvns. Show iwavvns's posts

In Response to What to do with Tim Thomas - Poll:
    [QUOTE]What to do with TT
    Posted by epavao[/QUOTE]
    You don't break up the best tandom in hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I vote we find of way of getting rid epavao, sparky1313, dkrejci46, closetightly (too bad it wasn't your mouth) off this site. Who's with me?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

nitemare - you keep on making me out as this major bruin hater just because I've said I don't like Thomas, what gives? I've also said trading him this year would be stupid, but you apparently skimmed right over that

epavao lets work on not starting the same thread 10 times

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

TT IS THE MAN  FOR THE BRUINS ,NO ONE ELSE .PUT THAT IN YOUR SURVEY JOCKER BOY. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Don't like Thomas? That's fine. That's not my beef.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Once again, Thomas has a NTC and can't be traded without his approval.  Those that do want him traded just who do you want as the backup? 

We are seeing just how important it is to have a quality backup in case of injury so if Rask were the starter and went down you want Sabourin going in 4 straight games?

The Bruins now have two NHL caliber goalies under contract for the next couple years, why mess with this. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Keep both of them at least till after 10-11. All the Kessel sweathearts are still moaning about trading him. Trading either Thomas or Rask right now would make that trade look like the Neely, Middleton and Espo deals all rolled into one. Remember the last time the B's won the cup ( Cheevers-- Johnston ) And the last 2 times they got to the finals ( Lemelin--Moog) And the last time we were beaten by a goalie we traded  (Ranford) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Although,  case in point, we did get Moog for Ranford.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Keep both of these guys.

No team is going to want to trade for an aging goalie who has 4 years left, 2 of which will pay him 6M. He will certainly be the #1 goaltender because Rask will, at some point, hit a rookie wall like most guys do.

Remember who everyone thought Blake Wheeler was the real deal last year? Where did he go? He hit the rookie wall so hard he's still picking up the pieces.

Trading Thomas is the most idiotic thing I've read on this board in days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Are you CRAZY or what ?? TT is the man ! I'm sick of that question ! WE NEED BOTH ! AND TT IS THE #1..... If we trade Thomas : Rask-Sabourin...No thank you !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Tim Thomas - Poll:
    [QUOTE]Are you CRAZY or what ?? TT is the man ! I'm sick of that question ! WE NEED BOTH ! AND TT IS THE #1..... If we trade Thomas : Rask-Sabourin...No thank you !
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

If we throw Rask into the fire and his play starts to decline, who is there to pick up the pieces? Yes, Rask is playing well, but if he plays poorly or gets hurt, are people confident in Sabourin?

God knows I'm not.

Again, trading Tim Thomas is the worst thing I've read on here in DAYS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The  bruins are the envy of the league (in net). 2 top notch goalies at just over 6 mil. cap hit (combined) for the remainder of this season and 2 more after that. They may be the very best at the most important position.

I can't speak for others on here but myself I am not concerned at all who is in net and expect a solid performance.

How many times in a year do we here the excuse that a weaker team won the game because the better teams starting goalie was hurt or had the night off. I know it's still early but right now that is not an issue at all for the bruins.

As far as I'm concerned PC scores an A+ at this position.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

sOME PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID HOCKEY FANS WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TRADING EITHER ONE, IF ONE GOES DOWN TO SERIEOUS INJURY,  YOU HAVE A RELIABLE GOALIE TO CONTINUE ON WITH GOOD SOLID GOAL TENDING THAT WINS GAMES! IDIOTS JUST IDIOTS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Tim Thomas - Poll:
    [QUOTE]sOME PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID HOCKEY FANS WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TRADING EITHER ONE, IF ONE GOES DOWN TO SERIEOUS INJURY,  YOU HAVE A RELIABLE GOALIE TO CONTINUE ON WITH GOOD SOLID GOAL TENDING THAT WINS GAMES! IDIOTS JUST IDIOTS
    Posted by bobby774[/QUOTE]

Are you SERIEOUS. In the new NHL, all teams have one main goalie that will play 50 to 55 game per season and all playoff games. Even back in the late 80's and early 90's when the B's had some fairly good playoff runs with Moog and Reggie, it was one goalie getting all the playoff work. Why in heavens name with salary cap would carry two legitimate goaltenders when you can trade one of them for a much need sniper which could make the difference at a run for the championship. Heck, of RUDY thomas in untouchable at 33 years of age and at $5m per year trade Rask who is 10 years unger and only makes one-fifth of the salary.