What will the excuse be this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Re: What will the excuse be this year?

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be this year?:
    thomas will do his part and more but if the canadian born players can do better the b's are a lock for the cup thomas can only pitch so many shut outs someone else has to score at least one goal in order to win lol.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Like this goal ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hdgQJEVflA

And you thought I took the day off, Bwahahahahahahahahah

Seriously though, as much as it nauseates me sometimes, the Bruins will only go as far as Tim Thomas will carry them in the playoffs. Hope it's past the second round of the playoffs for a change.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I think that this season will be the biggest test of Tim Thomas' career.  With most of the defensive defensemen gone and replaced with "puck moving defensemen", as well as the departure of Axelsson and Yelle, Timmy will likely face far more quality scoring chances this season.  Unfortunately, if he doesn't improve his game like he has over the last few summers, Timmy could give up a lot more goals this season.  I hope that it doesn't pan out this way, but it is a definite possibility.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

17 years and counting since the Bruins have won a measly second round matchup. Easily the most pathetic streak in pro sports
    Posted by damngood

You must not watch any pro sports cause every sport has alot worse streaks than this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be this year? : You must not watch any pro sports cause every sport has alot worse streaks than this one.
    Posted by Reilly24

Give us some examples Reilly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be this year? : Give us some examples Reilly
    Posted by gcoles

Cubs
    you could say the black hawks, or toronto
    the lions, the browns
    how about the city of cleveland, last world series 1948, no super bowl, no NBA championship.
    the Mariners
    the city of buffalo as well.
    there you go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be this year? : Cubs you could say the black hawks, or toronto the lions, the browns how about the city of cleveland, last world series 1948, no super bowl, no NBA championship. the Mariners the city of buffalo as well. there you go
    Posted by dkrejci46

LOL you have to elaborate a little bit here... You mean the Cubs who went to the NLCS a few seasons ago or the Bills who went to 4 straight superbowls, or the Cavs who went to 1 final and 2 East Conf Finals in the last few years?

Yeah I would say 17 years without a measly 2nd round win is much worse then those

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

yea well no offense but thats because your an idiot and love to hate the bruins. If they won the cup in 7 this year you would be p!ssed they didn't win in 6. Thats how it is with half the guys on this board. Look if you don't win the cup you don't win the cup, thats about as black and white as it gets, so yes I think the cubs streak is MUCH more pathetic than the Bs, and if you don't, if you really don't please tell me so i can make use of the dandy little ignore function.
    Also yea the Bills went to 4 straight super bowls but its pretty pathetic to come away empty

Mariners have never been to the world series

Furthermore comparing Basketball to Hockey is the stupidest thing ever when it comes to the playoffs. in hockey its hard to get out of the first round, in basketball its the most lopsided thing ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Good one!

Someone here who has no life should post this on a habs forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Wow, hab fans are lining up for this one. Ryder playing in boston clearly has them very upset. His play in the first round SWEEP last year is something they will never get over, LOL.
    To get back on topic, This years excuses should read something like this. (Hab fans), - We need time to gel, - Injury's are killing us, - Gomez and Gionta are playing great there just snake bit right now, - Thomas won that game for them   - Price is still to young,  - How many goal posts can we hit in one game,  - We out played them and couldn't seem to catch a break, - Price needs a veteran goalie for backup,  - They got all the bounces  - Kovalev always plays his best game against us, - Can't blame Price for this one, - Can't blame Price for this one, - Can't blame Price for this one........... (and at seasons end)  - I don't know why we fired Gainey, there were signs that we were just starting to gel.

I went with the habs because there the first team that came to mind that are likely going to be using lots of excuses.

It's almost sad that such a storied franchise is so poorly managed.

I didn't read anywhere on this thread that said I have to use the bruin excuses. There's a loophole, and I'm using it. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

yea well no offense but thats because your an idiot and love to hate the bruins. If they won the cup in 7 this year you would be p!ssed they didn't win in 6. Thats how it is with half the guys on this board. Look if you don't win the cup you don't win the cup, thats about as black and white as it gets, so yes I think the cubs streak is MUCH more pathetic than the Bs, and if you don't, if you really don't please tell me so i can make use of the dandy little ignore function. Also yea the Bills went to 4 straight super bowls but its pretty pathetic to come away empty Mariners have never been to the world series Furthermore comparing Basketball to Hockey is the stupidest thing ever when it comes to the playoffs. in hockey its hard to get out of the first round, in basketball its the most lopsided thing ever.
    Posted by dkrejci46

So basically your a pom pom waving stooge who cannot come up with any examples. Glad to see you put your foot in your mouth yet again dkrejci but then again I wouldn't expect anything less from a 19 year old nephew of Jacobs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Give up gcoles, you lost again. I have to credit where credit is due. When it comes to being a loser (on this board) your one of the best. If you ever had anything positive to say (about won of the best teams in the league) it would be a lot easier to take you seriously.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be this year? : Like this goal ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hdgQJEVflA And you thought I took the day off, Bwahahahahahahahahah Seriously though, as much as it nauseates me sometimes, the Bruins will only go as far as Tim Thomas will carry them in the playoffs. Hope it's past the second round of the playoffs for a change.
    Posted by ksp1957

bruins management with their contract all hockey media all fans acrossed the league and the league itself by awarding him vezina all think timmy thomas is the best goalie in hockey today so thats all those people say yes and just you says no.  gee i wonder who is wrong here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It would appear that many people have the Habs on their mind more than Bob Gainey.  ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be this year? : bruins management with their contract all hockey media all fans acrossed the league and the league itself by awarding him vezina all think timmy thomas is the best goalie in hockey today so thats all those people say yes and just you says no.  gee i wonder who is wrong here?
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Why you are, of course.Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Where did my response to ccoul go????  I know "bruinsunite" saw it...did it get sensored??  Wow, and I was being nice!!!  haha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbullettrain. Show redbullettrain's posts

Only Pauly1 the dumbest fan of them all brings up the Habs when everyone is talking about sports streaks of the last 17 years. Pauly has the Habs on his mind more then the Habs GM Give it a rest Pauly, as a fan your an epic failure
    Posted by damngood

Tell us something we dont know already! Hasn't had a meaningful post yet. Every post is Habs or Trolls or Yay go Bruins go

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Hey redbullsh*train...thats the perfect handle for you!!  Your posts have so much insight...I am honored to be in such esteemed literary company!!  Wow!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

You'll never see me going to other teams sites just to spew garbage in an attempt to irritate others. Congratulations to those of you who do (I guess it worked on me). By the way, bashing the habs is my given right as a bruin fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLeigon. Show BsLeigon's posts

I think the excuse this year will be NO KESSEL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

In Response to What will the excuse be this year?:
    We are just curious to know what the excuse or excuses next year will be when the Bruins A) Miss the playoffs again or B) The Bruins get knocked out in the first or second round again We are curious to know this because Charlie wishes for us to start preparing our marketing campaign early to cover up for this years gaffes. Thank you.  
    Posted by BruinsTicketSales

Who had INEPT GM this season?

Please come up and collect your winnings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EratX. Show EratX's posts

Re: What will the excuse be next year?

In Response to What will the excuse be next year?:
    Are u IDIOT or what ???  Not only the BRUINS will make the playoffs but they will win the CUP GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUINS ! ! ! ! I think u dont realize how good is this team ....think about it ..Bergeron and Kobasew back in the line up...Kessel =Krejci _ Lucic _ Sobotka better than last year .....and now a 30+++ Goals sniper (Michale Ryder) and maybe Blake Wheeler - Brad Marchand or Karsums ..... OMG .....what a team ! ! ! !

Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2009

WOW

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

My guess is in now the 20th year of "rebuilding" the Bruins will once again have a good regular season only to flame out in the second round yet again...

So I'll go with "The kids were too young! Wait until next season" and on and on we go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

20 years of rebuliding? you must of missed a few seasons. tell you what make sure to use the helmet when you bang your head on the wall and after a while the you wont feel so "enlightened"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

wow the silence is golden!...?
    guess you didnt take my advice and knocked your self out!

Sections
Shortcuts