What will the excuse be this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from david86. Show david86's posts

What will the excuse be next year?

If the Bruins win the cup I will run naked through the streets of boston and quit drinking. Whihch leads me to my next piece of advise "LAY OF THE SAUCE PAL" The Bruins barely got by Montreal who got there asses handed to them by a very young inexperienced l flyers team. Bergeron is a ? mark at best. One big hit and he is back on the shelf and possibly headed to the hockey retirement home. Ryder had 14 goals last year and motreal saw something in him that they did not like which is why they didn'y re-sign him. This team had about 10 million dollars to play with and found a way to hide it (4.5 ZHAMNOV, 2.5 MURRAY and a 3million plus increase on the cap). They signed ryder for 4 mil and a few other players got moderate raises not ot add up to even close to 10 mil. They are going to suck again. You got alot of something out of nothing. Don't expect the same this year. In fact look for another early exit from the playoffs and bye bye to Julien. Well at least they have season tickets with an all you can eat package attached. Of course there is fine print for that deal that reads. "ALL YOU CAN EAT IS REALLY ALL JEROMY JACOBS CAN SPEND WHICH IS NOTHING" GOOD LUCK FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

[Quote]Where any off these bashers and non believers at game 6 last year? This team is for real, i will always be a jj sheep, because i am a real hokey fan and wear the black and gold always.[/Quote]

Yes the Bruins managed to win Game 6, a home game in Round 1 before they were beaten 5-0 in the next game and once again knocked out in the first round. Wow sign me up! Talk about desperation and grasping at straws. Jacobs has made a killing and killed hockey in Boston because of "fans" like you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Lets not forget 29 teams will fall short this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

The Bruins are nothing a better team than they have been in a long time. With the current coach still in place this is a real team with tons of talent ie: Savard Bergeron ,kessel,lucic,Kobasew ryder, sturm, chara,wideman. forget about it this team will be contenders for the finals. enjoy your crying now you Briuns hating losers because soone will be listening soon. WAWAWAWAWAWA you babies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

What a babbling sheep...

I love the B's more then anything but get real, this is another AVERAGE squad put out this year. They barely clinched the 8 seed by 2 points last season and got booted out in the first round and blown out in game 7 by a team who got blown out in Round 2. This team is going nowhere fast until they get rid of the big contract guys who have ZERO HEART AND FIGHT (Chara, Savard, Fernandez) Get real people this team isn't anywhere close and might not be anytime soon with Jacobs and Chia running the show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from roninent1. Show roninent1's posts

Most of you clowns need to stop getting your opinions from WEEI.

Sure it's fashionable to bash the Bruins today but this is going to be a young and hungry team with a good chance of going deep in the playoffs.

I can't wait to hear all the naysayers jump back on the bandwagon, just like they did for the Celtics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Osonic1. Show Osonic1's posts

[Quote]
    The hardcore sheep like dhitch are already mapping out thier excuses for the Bruins.

Look for the "The schedule is too hard" excuse to be used early and often.
    [/Quote]

I have been reading dhitch's post and i must agree he is quite the sheep.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

Re: What will the excuse be next year?

[QUOTE]What will your excuse be when your wrong as usual.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Looks like you were wrong this time Orr

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Re: What will the excuse be this year?

Closetightly... how easy it is to look through old posts and tell people they're wrong?  Let's get a life - OK?  So, your revelation is that everyone is wrong from time to time?  REALLY INTERESTING!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

[QUOTE]Closetightly... how easy it is to look through old posts and tell people they're wrong?  Let's get a life - OK?  So, your revelation is that everyone is wrong from time to time?  REALLY INTERESTING!!!
    Posted by GABees[/QUOTE]

Looks like GAYBees is another one of these dopes who cannot handle the Bruins failures year after year so he attackes other posters

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like GAYBees is another one of these dopes who cannot handle the Bruins failures year after year so he attackes other posters
    Posted by BlkGold67[/QUOTE]

You completely missed his point, BlkGold67...  I think there's a major difference between having an opinion or being critical of the team vs scanning through posts with the goal of pointing out when people were incorrect. Personally, I have no issues with being critical and demanding a better product, but being a monday morning quarterback and highlighting when someone was incorrect is a joke.  How easy is that?  

Oh and refrain from calling people names like "dopes" because it reveals a person's mentality - Einstein.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

My guess for the excuse next year will be Offer Sheets

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

In Response to What will the excuse be this year?:
    [QUOTE]We are just curious to know what the excuse or excuses next year will be when the Bruins A) Miss the playoffs again or B) The Bruins get knocked out in the first or second round again We are curious to know this because Charlie wishes for us to start preparing our marketing campaign early to cover up for this years gaffes. Thank you.  
    Posted by BruinsTicketSales[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the sheep will get creative this season and blame it on Fenway Park, or say the Bruins got colds playing outside and were never the same... Blame it on Kessel maybe?

Have no fear the Bruins will go nowhere in the playoffs and the sheep will make excuses for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SugarloafBruins. Show SugarloafBruins's posts

It seems to me everyone doesn't realize Recchi's presence all season. In addition I think with two big guys who love to shoot on the first pair of D's plus big boychuck coming in we can finally smack down small forwards such as Ovechkin and Crosby... Tukka will be interesting and far better than Manny and his complaints this kid plays his heart out, shut out vs the rangers was a hell of a debut.

Look for Bitz as well to be a dominating force... he is jacked and so is Lucic.

Before the NHL regulated all rink sizes and dimensions Boston played in a very narrow rink, we won, and performed well because we just played bumper car hockey, look for this style of play this season...

the excuses are going to definitely going to be here this season, from 29 other teams than the bruins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SugarloafBruins. Show SugarloafBruins's posts

I feel pretty bad about who I missed - STURM

Remember how he scored the 5th goal in game 6 vs the habs in the playoffs 2 seasons back????

Checked Hammerlik twice and created himself some good lanes

physical teams win

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

thomas will do his part and more but if the canadian born players can do better the b's are a lock for the cup thomas can only pitch so many shut outs someone else has to score at least one goal in order to win lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You do realize that the OP was asking what the excuse would be for last year, right?
    Few things are as childish as thread necromancy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

In Response to What will the excuse be next year?:
    [QUOTE]What will your excuse be when your wrong as usual.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Please begin all your comments with spell check. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

BTS, s k r u       u

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1168. Show Rich1168's posts

[QUOTE]Ccoul keep your bigoted comments to yourself. Anyone who has ever been to Newfoundland will experience the kindest most likeable people on the planet. On the other hand most travelers avoid Montreal as you cant even get directions if you talk anything but french...Nobody is interested in your foul opinions...This is supposed to be a hockey post so lets keep it at that please!
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

And well all know the Soo is a fine bastion of tolerance, right?

An English-only resolution in the early 90s and junior home of that racist John Vanbiesbrouck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1168. Show Rich1168's posts

[QUOTE]Look for me on Sept .29th-30th in Stowe Vt  Yep I will drive all the way to Stowe Vt from Montreal to see the 2009 Stanley Cup winners..practice GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUINS ! ! !
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2009[/QUOTE]

Are the Penguins playing in Stowe?

They did win the 2009 Stanley Cup, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: What will the excuse be next year?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What will the excuse be next year? : And well all know the Soo is a fine bastion of tolerance, right? An English-only resolution in the early 90s and junior home of that racist John Vanbiesbrouck.
    Posted by Rich1168[/QUOTE]

Kind of a stupid direction for this thread to turn, especially on a Boston board.

Hockey, please?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

i repeat it was the forwards who couldnt score fault for this past year loss to Carolina but it will be a stanley cup THIS year for the bruins thanks again to timmy t. winning all playoffs games 1-0 is going to be how it goes.lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins13909. Show Bruins13909's posts

I find it very amusing when you hear people say things like, "Any real hockey fan can see that the Bruins don't have a chance at the cup." Nothing ticks me off more. Firstly, this is a mis-statement. Most analysts would agree that the Bruins had a very fair shot last season. 2nd most goals 1st in goals against, Coach of the year, goalie of the year, defenseman of the year, leading plus-minus player, and considered one of the top teams as far as depth. Series two wasn't a choke, we were barred with several serious injuries. 3 leading to surgies. Any team can surprise the league and win a cup. Any REAL hockey fan knows that... Especially Boston fans should know that. The Patriots first Super bowl? We were the long shot! Sox? beating the Yanks? We werent close to favored then either.

Any Bruins fan that doubts the cup with the team we have is foolish. They are band wagon fan's at best. Giving a few bounces in our way and we were playing Pitt for the Eastern conference. We were playing better and gave Pitt a run for their money in the reg season. If we beat them, then we would have been on to face a "beat up" Detroit team.

Our team has one of the best goalies in the NHL with a solid backup in Raask. We by far have the best center line-up in the East, Bergy Savvy and krecji. Norris trophy winner, and quite possibly one of the best "puck moving defenses" in the East as well. If this team doesn't make it to the cup its poor season.

Don't just wait for the Bruins to make it to the cup to support them. (Much like most Celtic fans) Have faith, Go Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

17 years and counting since the Bruins have won a measly second round matchup.

Easily the most pathetic streak in pro sports