what would the flyers want for matt carle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

what would the flyers want for matt carle

could we package TT AND 4 TH RD PICK WITH THE BRUINS TAKEN BACK A LITTLE SALARY. THE FLYERS NEED A GOALIE AND CARLE COULD BE THE PUCK MOVING DEFENSEMAN THAT PC WANTS. JUST AN IDEA I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT WHO KNOWS. IF NOT A GOOD IDEA HOW ABOUT THE PHILLIPS THE OTHER DEFENSEMAN FROM OTTAWA , BUT SAVARD WOULD HAVE TO BE PART OF THE PACKAGE , WITH OF COURSE SALARY COMING BACK , ANY SUGGESTIONS 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: what would the flyers want for matt carle

It could happen but Carle logged a lot of minutes.  Philly would have to have another plan to add 2 top 4 dman as well b/c Coulbourn is a RFA as well..  What is Carle making anyway? 

Carle is a nice dman, but I think his stats were bolstered by playing with Pronger.  He had a lot of Wideman moments as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

what about wheeler added into the mix as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bs2010. Show bs2010's posts

They would probably take Hunwick back as he makes under 1.5 million. So say thomas hunwick and a 3rd for Carle might work. Then we can sign Stuart and Mcquaid to fill out the D.

Chara Seidenberg
    Boychuk Carle
    Stuart Ference
    Mcquaid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: what would the flyers want for matt carle:
    wheeler is of no interest to them. I would say Thomas and a 2nd. They won't want to take on any salary unless it addresses a specific need of theirs, like a top 4 d man, and we don't have any of those to give up.
    Posted by pbergeron37

If that's the case, why would they deal a top 4 defenseman to Boston?

How do you know they have no interest in Wheeler?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to what would the flyers want for matt carle:
    could we package TT AND 4 TH RD PICK WITH THE BRUINS TAKEN BACK A LITTLE SALARY. THE FLYERS NEED A GOALIE AND CARLE COULD BE THE PUCK MOVING DEFENSEMAN THAT PC WANTS. JUST AN IDEA I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT WHO KNOWS. IF NOT A GOOD IDEA HOW ABOUT THE PHILLIPS THE OTHER DEFENSEMAN FROM OTTAWA , BUT SAVARD WOULD HAVE TO BE PART OF THE PACKAGE , WITH OF COURSE SALARY COMING BACK , ANY SUGGESTIONS 
    Posted by stinkman

philly media and fans were not too happy with him last season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

We could have had him for nothing when he waived by Tampa
    Posted by rockett7

I didn't know he was waived by Tampa.  I know he was traded to Tampa and traded from Tampa, but I can't find anything on the Lightning putting him on waivers.

When was that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The Flyers are not very deep at D after their top 4 of Pronger, Carle, Timonen, and Coburn.  In fact,  Krajicek and Bartulis barely played any minutes for them throughout the playoffs.  I believe that Krajicek, their "5th", was even benched at times during the B's series.  This is not a position of depth for the Flyers.  The draft and trades could change this but not at the expense of Carle. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Carle makes 3.5 mil and his cap hit is 3,437,500...trading Timmy + whatever would give the B's some space, but I would want someone better coming back if they were making 3.5 a year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I remember him being placed on waivers by the Bolts prior to the trade for Emminger and Downie in part because that seemed like a huge price to pay for a guy who had been on waivers some two weeks earlier. Part of that whole lunacy of Tampa management and ownership last year.

There's a reason Carle, at 26, has played for three teams over 5 seasons, and it's not entirely because he's in such demand.  Like Wideman, there's a premium on D who can pass and play head's up with the puck on their sticks.  Carle looked pretty good against the Bruins, but I wouldn't expect him to play to that level a) when Chris Pronger isn't his partner and b) for longer than a few weeks at a stretch.  If they take Thomas for him straight up, maybe.  Otherwise, he's not worth pushing for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pberg,
    I normally always agree with your statements.
    But to trade from an area of strength/weakness argument goes with both teams.  Philly does not have a lot on the backend.  Cobourn is a RFA.  Trading Carle leaves 2 studs.  Philly used 4 dmen for the entire playoffs and had a questionable goalie.  They will not deal one of the top 4(potentially 3) for a goalie, especially when they can sign a very adequate starter from the F/A pool. 

TT for a guy like Hartnell makes sense for both sides.  And Hartnell would fit well into the Bruins lineup. 

Philly just resigned ML, so their need is nul/void when it comes to unloading a top 4 dman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

pberg, I normally always agree with your statements. But to trade from an area of strength/weakness argument goes with both teams.  Philly does not have a lot on the backend.  Cobourn is a RFA.  Trading Carle leaves 2 studs.  Philly used 4 dmen for the entire playoffs and had a questionable goalie.  They will not deal one of the top 4(potentially 3) for a goalie, especially when they can sign a very adequate starter from the F/A pool.  TT for a guy like Hartnell makes sense for both sides.  And Hartnell would fit well into the Bruins lineup.  Philly just resigned ML, so their need is nul/void when it comes to unloading a top 4 dman
    Posted by shuperman

Yes.  I've been onboard with the Thomas for Hartnell trade for quite some time now.  I hate him...but would gladly change my tune were he to don the Spoked-B.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

N-A-S to improve an area of weakness you have to trade from an area of strength....that is why they would trade a top 4 guy to boston
    Posted by pbergeron37

Can't rob Peter to pay Paul.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: what would the flyers want for matt carle : Yes.I've been onboard with the Thomas for Hartnell trade for quite some time now. I hate him...but would gladly change my tune were he to don the Spoked-B.Posted by jalvis

Me too but it wouldn't improve the Bruins cap situation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

What more do you think we would need after Hartnell.  Sure a pure goal scorer would be nice but we don't have 5-10 million to blow on those guys.  Unless of course Savard was part of some deal and we then go land Whitney.  I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Savy dealt b/c Krejci could be our #1 center.

If TT landed us Hartnell, Savy should bring us a top 4 blueliner, or a top 6 fwd, or a top rated prospect. 

I am pretty happy with the Bruins lineup as is.  We really could use a top 4 dman.  What the Flyers Def did was pretty impressive.  Wonder if Savard for Bieksa would be something the Canucks would consider.  Especially since they are the rumor mill favorite to land Hamhuis and possibly Volchenkov.

I love Bieksa...he has Bruin written all over him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shuperman:

I just read this breakdown on Bieksa a couple of days ago.  It might change your tune on him.

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/kurtenblog/archive/2010/06/29/kurtenthoughts-the-rise-and-fall-of-kevin-bieksa.aspx

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT,

Good reads.  Tks.  To me a change to the weaker Eastern Conference is just what the doctor ordered.  KB is a PP/PK 20min+ type of dman who will block shots, fight when need be and play a nasty style of game. 
    What I would like to know is if KB is the 5th dman who on earth is their top 4. 

KB does seems to have the worst luck with freak accidents.  That Canuck team wasnt good enough to beat the Hawks...

Good article though...and something to ponder for sure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ballard, Salo, Edler, Ehrhoff

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT,

I would take KB over those 4 anyday.  Thats a pretty soft top 4 if you ask me.  I kinda always liked Ballard but he isnt as good as Bieksa.

Thje Canucks are also the favorite on landing Hamhuis.  Which may put KB out of Van. 

I will leave it at this.  I am a KB fan and would like his game in a Bruin uniform.  He would give Chara a backbone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

San, What more do you think we would need after Hartnell.  Sure a pure goal scorer would be nice but we don't have 5-10 million to blow on those guys.  Unless of course Savard was part of some deal and we then go land Whitney.  I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Savy dealt b/c Krejci could be our #1 center.If TT landed us Hartnell, Savy should bring us a top 4 blueliner, or a top 6 fwd, or a top rated prospect.  I am pretty happy with the Bruins lineup as is.  We really could use a top 4 dman.  Posted by shuperman

Shup, I'm pretty convinced that PC is content with searching for that top 4 Dman in next years free agency (tons of cap space even if he resigns Bergy and Chara) or at the trade deadline come March if Ryder can be dealt around that time because Michael's cap hit won't be so harsh around that time.

Krejci I like but i've witnessed Bruins fans anointing David the Great and young gun Seguin being able to take up the slack of Savard being gone. Having Seguin and Horton with Savard on the PP is making me salivate as I type (or maybe that a plateful of Barbecued ribs just went by or was it the waitress both perhaps). That PP I have to see!

I don't see Krejci handling the full load as #1 center just yet and if I'm PC (glad I'm not non cap management LoL!) I must see what Savard can do with Horton and Lucic on either side before I pass judgement. Most importantly Shup Marc is a proven commodity when he has young good wingers around him (Sturm and Ryder ahh no!) plus Savard minus on the PP would kill the Bruins next year.

How hard would it be to ship Marc out if he doesn't click with Horton and Lucic next November ? Not hard at all...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh Shup too add I don't think Savard would say OK to Vancouver for waiving his NTC. NY Rangers big yes!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

It could happen but Carle logged a lot of minutes.  Philly would have to have another plan to add 2 top 4 dman as well b/c Coulbourn is a RFA as well..  What is Carle making anyway?  Carle is a nice dman, but I think his stats were bolstered by playing with Pronger.  He had a lot of Wideman moments as well.
    Posted by shuperman

You're right Shuper, Carle's stats were bolstered by playing exclusively with Pronger all year, not unlike Wideman's were by playing most of 08-09 with Chara.  Carle is weak defensively, and pretty good offensively, though not in the class of the kind of player B's want IMHO.  Given that offensive D are often a bit weak defensively, I'd prefer top offfensive D such as Kaberle (50+ pts. twice, 67 points 3 years ago), Gonchar and Souray to Carle.  Let's hope PC finds a way to get one of those guys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

good post dude.  I agree that having Savy is a true luxury b/c we are stacked down the middle.  And as I typed Vancouver I realized he has only ok'd 2 spots. 

either way I think our team should easily compete for a top 4 spot in the up and down east. 

bottom line is this team is better than last yrs crew.  there are top 4 type dmen out there.  we don't have a lot of wiggle room but there are guys that fit the bill.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

San, good post dude.  I agree that having Savy is a true luxury b/c we are stacked down the middle.  And as I typed Vancouver I realized he has only ok'd 2 spots.  either way I think our team should easily compete for a top 4 spot in the up and down east.  bottom line is this team is better than last yrs crew.  there are top 4 type dmen out there.  we don't have a lot of wiggle room but there are guys that fit the bill. Posted by shuperman

Backatcha Shup and yes PC said he would improve the team and he has but I still want to choke his phat neck for cap management Arrgghhhh!

Sections
Shortcuts