What's more important - Keeping Kess & Krej or TT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcgrail2002. Show rmcgrail2002's posts

From everything I've been hearing, we can only keep Kessel and Krejic if we get rid of both our goalies. If that's the case who would you rather keep?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dom77. Show dom77's posts

If that is correct then I would say that Timmy would have to go and Rask would have to step in.
    I hope we can keep all three

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

It is going to be very possible to re-sign all three. About 12 mil worth of players comes off the book after this season. They should be able to re-sign all three under that number. Maybe one roster player gets dealt in the offseason to free up a little more cap space to fill in the rest of the holes. As much as I like Bergeron, I think he needs to be traded after this season now that Krejci stole his #2 center spot. 5 million is way too much to pay a 3rd line center. Sobotka or Soderberg can easily replace him as the third line center for a about an 8th of Bergeron's salary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from camconner. Show camconner's posts

krejic is currently 3 times the player of Kessel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

As much as I like Bergeron, I think he needs to be traded after this season now that Krejci stole his #2 center spot. 5 million is way too much to pay a 3rd line center. Sobotka or Soderberg can easily replace him as the third line center for a about an 8th of Bergeron's salary.

I can't really disagree with that but unless Bergy really heats it up over the 2nd half I think he will be very tough to trade. Other teams will feel the same way about paying him $5 mil given his lack of offense this yr and his concussion history. I could see another team swapping one of their bad contracts for him but that really wouldn't accomplish much for the B's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The obvious answer is keep Krejci and go from there.
    Kessell is not the complete player that David is, and Tim Thomas is expendable...which is not to say he has not played great, but as I've stated before Julien's team defense first system enables any good goalie to perform well by minimizing rebounds, and reducing shots on goal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Zillagod is a smart man

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

I think they can find a way to keep all three and they may have to. If I'm not mistaken isn't Savvy an UFA after next season. You have to keep Thomas as a mentor for Rask may turn out like Price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

If not for health reasons i would keep kessel and Thomas and trade Krejci. The guy had a little run where he played well but has been unable to sustain it game in and game out. His trade value will never be higher then now. Some moron said he is a power play god and he is not even on the first unit!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[Quote]Zillagod is a smart man[/Quote]

Wow! Thanks alot, I am not used to people agreeing with me.

Even though I am right most of the time, : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

RASK... his time has come.. keep kessel who replaces him at 3-5 mil?? same with krejci 3-5 mil??... how many games do you see rask playing ? that holds the key to your back-up goalie... 35-40 games ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Savard does take pay cut (but I think that's how good they do in the playoffs) as he's said on the record to keep this team together , they might just have a way to sign Krejci, Kessel and make a decent offer to Thomas.
    I feel Thomas can help Rask's developement.
    If Thomas then wants a ridculous contract then yes he will walk and Bruins will sign a another veteran goalie to backup Rask. Let's not forget Fernandez, will he get a bigger offer somewhere else if Thomas walks ?
    Then there's Axelsson's contract off the books, he would have to take a pay cut to stay with Bruins, Hnidy also don't think he will re-sign, all this being said they will be some space to work on Krecji and Kessel and let's see about the goaltender situation.
    Zillagod kind of agree with you and catwhacker I don't know why you have it against Krecji ? He had to carry the load while having all those injuries and did pretty well. Let's see when he catches his second wind and he might just prove you wrong, I hope. Hey, but that's your opinion.
    We're on the same team though . Go BRUINS !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

TT-he will be getting a nice raise from someone(i hope it is here), but he won't get huge $$ like Bulin got a couple years ago. TT will be 35 next year and it doesn't make sense for teams to give big long-term deal to him.

I am also surprised at the lack of respect for Krejci. IMHO, he is the best young talent on the team-i'd rate him ahead of Kessel,Lucic, Rask, Wheeler. That is not to say those 3 aren't good, i just think Krej has played very well throughout this season and at the end of last year...

I hope PC finds a way to sign all these guys and keep this squad together...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dom77. Show dom77's posts

Isn't part of Glen Murray's contract still on the books for this year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

How do people not get this? Krejci has been the best player on the Bruins this year. Catwacker, you love stats so I'll throw this out, despite a big slump 16th in the league in points. How is he not good again? He is an excellent two way forward, and he is a MAJOR presence on the power play. Keep in mind that Axellson has been on the first PP unit this year. The Bruins second line has been their best line all year, so your point about him not being on the number one unit is irrelivent. He and Savard are similar players on the PP, and are both centers, so each mans a different unit. You say you understand hockey so well, where did you play?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brayntbulldogsfan. Show brayntbulldogsfan's posts

TT is an overweight flopping idiot who is approching his 40's, you obviously keep the kids.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

[Quote]If not for health reasons i would keep kessel and Thomas and trade Krejci. The guy had a little run where he played well but has been unable to sustain it game in and game out. His trade value will never be higher then now. Some moron said he is a power play god and he is not even on the first unit!!!!!!!!!!![/Quote]
    I don't why I bother...but you just confirmed what everybody else in this room already knows....YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Speaking of old contracts on the books, what about Zhamnov's. I believe it's off after this year? Sorry to dredge up such a bad memory!

Sections
Shortcuts