What's the deal with McGrattan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

What's the deal with McGrattan?

The Bruins were supposed to supply the league with their roster by 3 pm Eastern Time yesterday, which is why Bartkowski got sent down to Providence.  There was no mention of McGrattan, which would lead me to believe that the team kept him.  In order to do that, they would have to sign him to a contract.  I have found no report of this either. 

Is it safe to assume that the Bruins are carrying a 23 man roster with McQuaid, Marchand, and McGrattan as extras?  Salary-wise they will be able to do that with the LTIR relief provided by Savard and Sturm. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: What's the deal with McGrattan?

According to Dupont, they will keep him out of the two games in Prague and then sign him to a two-way deal when they get back, keeping him as the extra forward/healthy scratch. But that's his supposition - no confirmation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Speaking of which - assuming CapGeek has it right - both Savard and Sturm are on LTIR, which means no Savard until November 6th at earliest.
    No sign of McGratton on there either, which may mean nothing but they usually pick up new contracts pretty quickly.  It may just be that the Bruins won't officially sign him until they get back from their trip.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: What's the deal with McGrattan?:
    [QUOTE]According to Dupont, they will keep him out of the two games in Prague and then sign him to a two-way deal when they get back, keeping him as the extra forward/healthy scratch. But that's his supposition - no confirmation.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for replying.  Where did you find that?  I looked for the info but couldn't find it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CygnusX2112. Show CygnusX2112's posts

Speaking of the bruins submitting their roster... this is what NHL.com posted Thursday, 10.07.2010 / 1:37 PM. (link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539880

Boston Bruins

www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8464994">Steve Begin, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470638">Patrice Bergeron, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470700">Byron Bitz, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470187">Johnny Boychuk, D; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8465009">Zdeno Chara, D; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8466333">Andrew Ference, D; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471436">Matt Hunwick, D; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8469467">Chuck Kobasew, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471276">David Krejci, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8473473">Milan Lucic, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8464966">Derek Morris, D; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471695">Tuukka Rask, G; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8450725">Mark Recchi, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467545">Michael Ryder, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8462118">Marc Savard, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470614">Mark Stuart, D; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8464979">Marco Sturm, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8460703">Tim Thomas, G; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8465978">Shawn Thornton, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471218">Blake Wheeler, F; www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8469770">Dennis Wideman, D.

Injured reserve: www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8473481">Levi Nelson, F.

PC has been busy apparently.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

LOL Cygnus. 

I think I'll pass on reliving last season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of the bruins submitting their roster... this is what NHL.com posted Thursday, 10.07.2010 / 1:37 PM.
    Posted by CygnusX2112[/QUOTE]
    D'oh!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CygnusX2112. Show CygnusX2112's posts

[QUOTE]LOL Cygnus.  I think I'll pass on reliving last season.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Seems legit though, I mean, if NHL.com reported and all it must be true. Tyler Seguin traded to Wild for Kobasew. Horton and Campbell BACK to the Panthers because PC missed Wideman, and Bitz just vaporized back onto the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the deal with McGrattan? : Thank you for replying.  Where did you find that?  I looked for the info but couldn't find it.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

He posted it in reply to a question in the comments on his latest blog post:

The working plan is for ''Gratts'' to be signed early next week, following the two games here in Prague.
    Coyotes present no clear and present danger for rock 'em, sock 'em. Look for him to sign two-way deal upon return from Boston, be dropped into games when extra beef is needed, or attrition-by-injury kicks in.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/10/if_its_thursday.html?comments=all#readerComm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

According to a team source, the Boston Bruins have agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way contract with forward Brian McGrattan, who was on a professional tryout with the team in training camp. Financial terms of the deal were not known yet but it is believed that McGrattan will be paid an AHL salary of $105,000 to prevent him from having to go through re-entry waivers.

Due to salary cap reasons, the deal apparently cannot be finalized and made official until Monday, when the Bruins return from Prague after their first two games of the 2010-11 season.

McGrattan has 14 points and 395 penalty minutes in 182 NHL games. He played 34 games and 86 penalty minutes with the Flames last season.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b6hsP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

McGratton, insurance policy on goon days!  CJ will make him a 4th line center in the playoffs more than likely, shades of Trent on the horizon.  Hopefully someone will suggest to Elmer Fudd (I like SanDogs Uncle Fester too) to bring up the young players from Providence like the Red Sox do during the year.  Stop the facination with wily old AHL veterans.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think this may be extra muscle for when they play the Leafs.Burke's plan seems  be to try to intimidate teams with his goons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]I think this may be extra muscle for when they play the Leafs.Burke's plan seems  be to try to intimidate teams with his goons.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]
    He'll probably also see time against the Flyers who always like to throw their weight around against the Bruins, and the Rangers with the handsomely-paid Derek Boogaard.

I would be amazed if he saw any ice time in the playoffs unless the opposition plays a goon or two.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Agreed he will be in for the LEafs, Flyer and Rags games.  i really wonder if the first game against Pitt if we will see him dress up and make Cookes night hell. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I believe this is smart move having Marchand Mcgrattan and Mcquaid as our back ups these three will add extra coarse sand paper to our roster when needed. They should have rechhi practice with mcgrattan/marchand on going to the net for deflections and rebounds training. When Mcgrats is called up he will be useful for something besides imtimidating and fighting/enforcing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i want thort mcgratton to both play  4tline will change tempo with them 2 on the ice

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

good point bruin 8

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

on a side note, Calgary's Ivanans got laid out by Steve MacIntyre last night:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/97306

Sections
Shortcuts