What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?

I'm fairly new to this site so bear with me if this has been asked before. Here's my personal favourite memory of anything Bruin...
    In 1989 myself and three friends drove 8 or so hours to Boston to see three games in four days. It was the Nordiques, flyers and Whalers. Boston went 1-1-1 for the three games. Friday night was St Patricks day and there was no game. We were at a bar when my alltime favourite hockey player walked by. He happened to be the coach of the Bruins at the time. For you kids that havn't figured it out yet, his name is Terry O'reilly. To make a long story short Taz invited us to the dressing room after the Sat afternoon game against the flyers. We won that game and I got to talk to Bourque, Neely, Linsmen, Kluzak, Pederson, and a few others. Gord Kluzak played three games that year. (his last)
    I was at all three. He kind of hinted to us after that game that it wasn't good.
    Anyways O'reilly was as classy as they get and I remember someone once saying that they could put his picture on the front of the jersey instead of the spoked B.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

Re: What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?

Sorry Reilly24, I guess we both had the same idea around the same time. Liked your post!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

i've only been alive for 16 yrs so my favorite bruins memory was in the 07-08 season and that is game 6 of the playoffs against the canadiens, which i was in attendance to. it was easily the best game ive ever been to or ever expirienced. i wish they won that game 7 but i will never ever ever forget that game 6. i think the only game that could top that is a game like that in the cup finals and the bruins clinch the cup at home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Reilly24....that is a great story!!  My favorite is when they retired Espo's #7 and Bourque took off the jersey and revealed the # 77....Prue class!! The other one that ranks right up there for me is when Neely rammed Claud Lemieux's head into the boards after he turtled!! hahaha  Pure Bruin!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry Reilly24, I guess we both had the same idea around the same time. Liked your post!!
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]

That's fine, I'm glad we thought of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas becoming the BEST bruins goalie in history and winning the vezina and his many allstar game appearences. all this while the negative nellies were dead wrong in their predictiosn thomas no better than ahl quality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

My favorite memory from the Bruins happened in the Middle 80's with Boston playing Montreal in a best of 5 series in the playoffs. Ken Linesman took quite a few penalties in the first peroid and Montreal took a 4-1 at the end of the first peroid. In the second the Canadiens went up 5-2 and it did not look for Boston.Then Linesman scored 2 goals the Bruins Tied it before the end of the second peroid at 5-5. In the 3rd Linesman scored the winning goal and made up for all those penalties, beating Les Canadiens and becoming a hero. The Bruins lost the series 3-2 ,the next game 1-0 but that was the best comeback playoff win I have ever seen the Bruins win. Ken Linesman had the hatrick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Been watching the B's since the early 70s. My fondest memory was my last trip to the Boston Garden in 1994. The B's lost the game, a shootout v. the Devils, but two things occurred...Ray Bourque, my favorite B going back to Cheevers/Orr, scored on a penalty shot, which back then was both rare to be called, and way prior to today's OT shootouts, which to me have diluted those type of plays...the other thing was watching Neely get kneed by Bernie Nicholls of all people, he limped off and I believe it turned out to be his last NHL game.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

To be clear, it was sad to see Neely limp off, but it was trivial pursuit to see it be his last game

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

Getting to meet Adam Oates and Cam Neely as a kid were both great memories.

But the 2007-2008 season was a great turnaround after watching the Bruins struggle for so long.

I was in the balcony behind Price's net when Savard scored the OT goal in Game 3, the place erupted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Game 6 of 2008 playoffs against the Canadiens!  That was the best game I have ever witnessed! It was epic and the 3rd period was simply unbelievable.

Also remember the first time the B's beat the Habs and Neelys breakaway goal on Roy! Lemelin was fantastic.

Brad Parks OT goal verse  Buffalo was awesome!

I hate to say it, but the fight in the crowd in NY Madison Square garden was fantastic, I remember this because I was in Billerica at the time with a hockey family watching the game and Billericas Bob Miller #14 was in the Melee' and everybody was laughing at what was happening.

Devils/B's '88 series was fun, with the referee mess among other things.

I was too young to really see #4 play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

1990, my brothers and I (I was 14 ) drove up to Edmonton to catch game three of the finals. They were down two games to nothing, and people were already talking sweep. Yes, in retrospect we all know how it ended up, but they came in to Northlands, and the four of us were just about the only fans in the building in black and gold, and everyone was screaming at us and the Bs. But they shut the fans up - it was one of the best low scoring games I've ever seen, a hard fought 2-1 victory. After seeing how they played that night I honestly thought they could rally back.
    After the game the four of us stood by the loading dock for and hour and a half - almost everyone else had taken off. When most of the Bs did come out they all kind of waved, but hurried off. But not Cam.
    He and Byers came over and talked to us for five minutes, signed our jerseys and ball caps. An absolute thrill I won't ever forget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

the day mike oconnell signed allstar and vezina winner and future con smyth winner and future hall of fame goalie tim thomas number 30 will be in the rafters for timmy and not jerry cheevers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

Took my wife and 2 sons (6 and 9 at the time and huge Bruins fans) on a road trip from Chicago to Boston last year of old Garden. Got several Flyer autographs during lunch at Union Oyster House (including Lindros who was great to kids), saw game and then travelled down to Long island and stayed at same hotel as B's. Ray, Cam, Teddy Donato, Jamie Huscroft, Muzz and several others went out of their way to talk to, take pictures with and sign jerseys my sons were wearing! Seats first row behind the B's bench. Got the Bourque jersey framed and hanging by my basement bar.
    B's I seem to recall won both games!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

It doesn't get too much better than game 6 in 07-08. That Kessel dangle/ snipe was out of this world and then when Sturm picked up that rebound and held the puck for what seemed like an eternity the crowd collectively held its breathe and then erupted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

I remember the first game I saw in 1982 in which I became a Boston fan. We lost to Montreal.

I remember falling asleep during the playoffs against Edmonton (I was young, couldn't stay awake past 9) - and waking up to hear about some kid named Petr Klima.

I remember them coming back to Montreal for Game 7.

I remember watching the playoffs against the Devils when the refs walked out.

I remember watching Neely's get hammered in '91 against Ulf.

I remember watching May day in the '93 playoffs.

I remember watching them oust the defending Cup champs (HABS) in '94.

I remember the infamous trade of Oates-Tocchet-Ranford for Allison-Carter-Carey and thinking we'd never recover.

I remember watching them draft a promising Joe Thronton.

I remember going down to the Fleetcenter to watch them raise #8 to the rafters.

I remember skidding off the highway to New York as I heard Jumbo Joe had been traded.

I was there when Chara broke Koci's nose and put to rest the "I don't fight" critics.

...And I had bought tickets to Game 6 2008 near the front, in the corner where Sturm eventually scored the game winner. The day before something happened and I was unable to to go down from Montreal so I ended up transferring the tickets to a colleague - who went with her HABS fan husband. I sat at home watching the most amazing seesaw game that truly set the Bruins back as a legitimate team!

... and somehow, no matter what ... I will always be there. 27 years and counting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

1. My first game in Boston Garden. My father got tickets from his boss. It was 1976 and the Bruins played the Islanders. Gilles Gilbert was in net and the B's won the game 5-2.
    The thing I will never forget was walking up the ramp which led to the arena. The walk seemed like an eternity because I was so excited and you could hear the organ and the sounds of the crowd. When I finally got to the top the first thing i saw was the ice and the B's warming up on their side of the ice. To be able to see the B's (my idols) and the Garden in person was just unbelievable.
    To this day, I still feel like that whenever I walk into a Bruins game.

2. In 1990 (?) my freinds and I drove up to Montreal for game 6 of the playoffs. I will never forget walking up St Catherines Street with my white B's home jersey. People were staring and yelling at us as we walked by but, I did'nt care. I was beaming with pride because I was a Bruins fan and they just wished they were.
    The B's lost in double overtime. Shane Corson got the winner. It did'nt matter because we won in 7.

3. Anytime the Bruins beat the Canadiens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmian77. Show cmian77's posts

Watching the Bruins beat Montreal in the 1988 playoffs, hands down. It was just a few years after I started playing hockey and the first year I followed the B's all season (I was 11). All I heard was how they could never beat Montreal...Montreal was so good and fast...the ghosts of the forum...all the history...Roy the next Dryden...etc. After the B's lost game 1 all seemed lost and then they stormed back and won the next 4. My most vivid memory is the last goal from Neely in game 5...a bit of a broken play in the B's zone, Montreal loses control of the puck..it bounced near the Bruins blueline...someone poked it forward to Neely who was busting up the boards (Al Pederson maybe?), Neely beat the Montreal D at their blueline, walked in and beat Roy high glove side, at the Forum!

Last season was so reminiscent of 1988 to me - it just felt like that kind of team(unfortunately, no trip to the finals last year, but that what 2010 is for, right?).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

Let's not forget short term Bruin Kenny Belanger riding Ulfie hard into the corner boards! Ulfie got up slowly and all Bloody....Garden crowd went bonkers! Belanger had this why are they cheering look as he skated to the Penalty Box!!!
    Belanger also had a pretty good go with Tie Domi while a B!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

AT THE GAME....GAME 6 VS HABS WAS AWESOME.....BUT GREATEST MEMORY WAS ORR FLYING THROUGH THE AIR AFTER SCORING TO WIN THE CUP....AWESOME EVEN IN BLACK AND WHITE,SNOWY PICTURE,NO HIGH DEF,NO GLOWING PUCK...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

I always liked this one, Ray Bourque takes off his helmet to beat Sutter, and Cam Neely comes in to say "nah Ray, that's my job." Where do you think Iginla got it from?

Ah, what else..? I'll never forget the night with replacement referees after the Koharski incident. I'll never forget the game delay and those poor replacement refs having to deal with all the fights that game. There's a great section about it in Ray Scapinello's book if you haven't read it.

I remember when the lights went out at the Garden, or the fog.

My favorite might have been the Janney playoff game winner (?), against Hartford (?) where he stole the puck at the hashmarks, broke in and scored, and the place went bezerk. That was awesome. Sadly, I couldn't find the youtube video.

I remember Byer's suspension too.

I also loved when Taz was the head coach. Perfect.

And of course, the best fight in the history of hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from camara937. Show camara937's posts

My favorite moment of Bruins history was game 3 of the 07-08 playoffs. I went to the game with my brother and father and we sat about 10 rows up from thomas in the 1st and 3rd periods. We were pretty much in the heart of montreal. We might have been the only 3 representing the black and gold in the secetion. Well as the game went on I tried my best to drain out the canadien chants. But long story short, when the game went to ot, the bruins were shooting on the side I was sitting at. So when Savy recieved that pass from wideman my body just went into a shock, i got off my seat and when I saw that puck go right by Price I just  wanted to cry. I was so happy I just looked over to my father, who was smiling more than I have ever seen him before. It was like nothing could be better. Then after the ice cleared and we were walking out of the Garden. All you could hear were the Bruins fans singing their own version of the ole ole chant. "your gay your gay chant" I loved it. I will never forget that day

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

When Jeremy passes away

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

Being 12 years old and meeting the greatest player who ever lived, Bobby Orr.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

the odd ecletic moments.  the good old days...

Clear the track, here comes Shack.  He hit everybody.  Including his own team mates.
    Wensink challenging the entire Nordiques bench.
    Bobby Schmautz. wind up.  slap shot.
    Bobby Schmautz. behind his own net. wind up.  slap shot.
    Bobby Schmautz. on the bench.  wind up.  slap shot.
    Bobby Schmautz. in the parking lot.  wind up.  slap shot.
    Gilles Gilbert car commercial with that heavy French accent: the new Dodge Dart 'editione' with an am fm 'rad ee o'.
    Orr and Park playing as a defense pair.  Only for a couple or three games, but OMG, the world will never see such a thing again for eternity.
    Ken Hodge taking a slapshot at (maskless goalie) Jim Rutherford's head from deep inside the corner = bench clearing brawl.
    Stan Jonathan's one punch knockout. You know the team and player.
    Funniest fight in history, Esposito vs. Keith Magnuson - 2 guys who never won a fight in their lives.
    Derek Sanderson's color commentary "uh oh, looks like he lost a couple of chicklets on that one."
    John Cusick - "the wrist shot...the wrist shot...the wrist shot"
    Neeley beats Roy from center ice with a laser slap shot.
    Al Secord hip checks Yvan Cournoyer who is going at full speed , then Yvan sees: ceilling, ice, ceiling, ice, loses a glove and his stick. returns later in the next period.