What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?

Favorite series won was against the Habs when Bourque was out with charlie horse for the whole series and the Bruins still won .
    Fave reaction was when O'Reilly punched (with his glove) Andy Van Hellemond after so many bad calls and lost the series to the Nordiques.
    Fave goal , there were so many but that Adam Oates, OT winner when he scored off the faceoff and went directly in on a one touch was amazing. He had balls !
    Most recent, great game and great moment was game 3 of Montreal-Boston series in 07/08 and Bruins winning in OT on Wides goal.  Later that nite went down to meet players . I got to meet Lucic's family and ended up getting his signature for my nephew on the Bruins track suit I just bought him. It's still signed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I love this forum and I love posts like this.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

In Response to Re: What's your favourite personal Boston Bruin memory?:
    [QUOTE]Memories, Like the corners of my mind Misty water-colored memories Of the way we were Scattered pictures, Of the smiles we left behind
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

G
    A
    Y

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

TT has a lot of qualities, but he is not what you say he is/was.

TT WAS only AHL quality at one point.

TT BECAME a good goalie, he wasn't always a good goalie.  That might be even more of an accomplishment than a Roy or Brodeur.

TT BEAT THE ODDS.  GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THAT.

Don't say he was always as good as he is now.  Look at those first years with the Bruins, look at how he skated, look at how many times he was out of position.

NOW LOOK AT HIM.  He skates way better, he's rarely out of position, he doesn't lose his feet like he used to.

CAN YOU NAME ANOTHER PLAYER WHO IMPROVED AND STUCK TO IT LIKE TT? 
    I can't.

[QUOTE]timmy thomas becoming the BEST bruins goalie in history and winning the vezina and his many allstar game appearences. all this while the negative nellies were dead wrong in their predictiosn thomas no better than ahl quality.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Orr's goal then flying threw the air.
    (I was in grade 7) I was raised on a orchard (farm). I think I ran out of our house before he even hit the ice after the goal. My older brother (big hab fan) was cutting grass using the farm tractor, when I caught up to him I remember screaming at him that Orr scored and the bruins are the best, I must have yelled 10 times how much his habs s uck. Then I picked up a broken tree branch and threw it at him. After this I ran back to our house and watched the post game show.
    When my big brother got off work he beat the sh!t out of me. LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Neely losing it and trying to run Claude Lemieux's head through the boards.  It was too bad that he was stopped.  I could have watched that all night.  That filthy Lemieux was flopping around like a rag doll.

The retirement ceremony for the #7.  One of the most moving moments in professional sports. 

Not a Bruins moment, but watching Ray Bourque finally skate the Stanley Cup around the ice was another powerful moment.  I was at a bar four hours from home to see my favorite band play.  As the band played in the background, my wife and I were glued to the TV at the bar, bawling like babies.  If only Ray could have skated the Cup around while wearing the spoked B.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Today on ESPN Classics just saw Bos-Was game '94 season, where Neely scored his 50th goal in 44 games (he had 2 that game).
    Only Gretzky and Lemieux did a little better.  While these two were more complete players , Neely was the ultimate power forward sniper.
    Can anyone tell me since Neely , has there been a better power forward ???
    NOT !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

[QUOTE]When Jeremy passes away
    Posted by cwoods7977[/QUOTE]

I second that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Hey Mutant211....are we related??  We had the same post pretty much!! haha Cool...lots of great stories...keep 'em coming!  Hoping Jacobs passes away is pretty sick though...how about goes to jail or retires??  haha  I hope my all time favorite memory is going to take place in June 2010!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]Today on ESPN Classics just saw Bos-Was game '94 season, where Neely scored his 50th goal in 44 games (he had 2 that game). Only Gretzky and Lemieux did a little better.  While these two were more complete players , Neely was the ultimate power forward sniper. Can anyone tell me since Neely , has there been a better power forward ??? NOT !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

To answer your question...
    NO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]timmy thomas becoming the BEST bruins goalie in history and winning the vezina and his many allstar game appearences. all this while the negative nellies were dead wrong in their predictiosn thomas no better than ahl quality.

And many, many goals like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGamH5PGNI

Seriously though, the best memory I have of the Bruins are the two Stanley Cups in 1970, with the accompanying parade through Boston, and the Cup in 1972. The team has usually been exciting to watch except in the later Harry Sinden/early and brief Mike OConnell error, er I mean era. Sweeping the Scabs in 4 in the most recent playoffs rates as a high, but we'll see if we can build some memories this coming season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

the awards dont lie, the vezina trophy, best statistics, allstar game (which he was the star) 7th player. up next is the gold medal in olymbics and stanley cup j. cheevers versus t. thomas and thomas wins hands down. i see you have started yet another new bruins board did you get booted off the icem board already lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]the awards dont lie, the vezina trophy, best statistics, allstar game (which he was the star) 7th player. up next is the gold medal in olymbics and stanley cup j. cheevers versus t. thomas and thomas wins hands down. i see you have started yet another new bruins board did you get booted off the icem board already lol.

Nah, for the second time, I resigned from that board. Once I did that, my blood pressure went down some 30 points and my heartburn only happens when I read your posts instead of all the time. LOLOLOLOL !!!! Cheevers helped the Bruins win the Cup twice as well as all these details:

Cheevers' professional hockey career began in 1956 at the age of 16 when he played for the St. Michael's Majors of the Ontario Hockey Association. He was owned by the Toronto Maple Leafs until the Boston Bruins drafted him in 1965. Cheevers still holds the American Hockey League single-season record for most victories by a goalkeeper. In 1965 he totaled 48 victories in leading the Rochester Americans to their first Calder Cup championship. He spent six years in all in the minors until, by 1967, he was Boston's number one goalie. He was a member of both the 1970 and 1972 Stanley Cup winning teams, gaining a reputation as a driven, "money" goaltender.

In 1972, he went undefeated in 33 consecutive games, a NHL record that still stands.

In the fall of 1972, he jumped to the fledgling World Hockey Association, playing three and a half seasons for the Cleveland Crusaders as one of the league's best goalies, winning First Team All-Star honors in 1973 and Second Team honors in 1974 and 1975.

Returning to the Bruins during the 1976 season after financial disputes with Cleveland management, Cheevers finished out his playing career at the end of the 1980 season.

His career NHL goals against average was 2.89. He recorded 230 NHL wins, played in 419 NHL games, and recorded 26 NHL shutouts. He was also second in the WHA's history in career GAA and shutouts, despite playing in only half the league's seasons.

Say... how come Tim Thomas doesn't hold that AHL record. Laughing By the way, what's Timmy Thomas' career GAA and shutouts? Hahahahahahahahaha !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

wow thanks for the jerry cheevers bio i will cherish it but just the same i will stick with a proven winner like timmy thomas and not a run of the mill goaler like cheevers on a average club where bobby orr made it all possible in fact out side of orr no one bruin has done as much single handed as timmy t.