Wheeler = $2.2 Million!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Wheeler = $2.2 Million!

Raskman-
    we now have 12 f, (not including seguin) 7d and 2 goalies under contract, what roster spot are you looking to fill?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler = $2.2 Million!:
    Raskman- we now have 12 f, (not including seguin) 7d and 2 goalies under contract, what roster spot are you looking to fill?
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Every team has 23 roster spots.

Here's a chart of the teams and the dollars/opening they have available:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_index.php

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We are about 750K over Cap with Sturm included in lineup but McQuaid out. This works out to about 40 days on LTI to stay within the cap another 25 days and McQuaid can stay up as well, puts Sturm out until New Year though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Raskman - with Wheeler and Seguin under contract, the Bruins will have 13 forwards under contract including Sturm.  They'll have 7 D, including McQuaid, and 2 goalies.  All told, 22 players with 21 on the roster after Sturm goes on LTIR.  The total salary cap hit commitment - numbers from Cap Geek plus $2.2M for Wheeler and $3.75M for Seguin - is $66,287,777 including the Bonus Carry-over and the buy-outs.  That's 6,887,771 over the Cap.  For Cap purposes, subtract Sturm at $3.5M, subtract $2.850M for bonuses on Seguin's contract, and another $950K for bonuses on Recchi's contract.  Total deductions - $7.3M.  Total anticipated cap hit to start the season, then, is $58,987,771 leaving the $412,229 that Hockguy0818 cites.  No empty roster spot, and no cap worry until Sturm is ready to return from LTIR.

The only place where they're a bit squeezed is that they won't be able to choose to keep Caron, Colborne, or Hamill as the 22nd man in place of McQuaid.  Can't cover their EL bonuses even though the money is there to cover the salary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just saw the later post - you don't have to carry 23.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

NAS - Agreed.  I think it's reasonable to look at a guy with physical tools and think "imagine if he could learn to use them better" but you can't just set expectations higher because the potential's there in your head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

We are about 750K over Cap with Sturm included in lineup but McQuaid out. This works out to about 40 days on LTI to stay within the cap another 25 days and McQuaid can stay up as well, puts Sturm out until New Year though.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Goat,
    I see us as 2.2m over with both, and seguin not signed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler = $2.2 Million! : Goat, I see us as 2.2m over with both, and seguin not signed.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I'm seeing that as well even after Book broke it down. Meh...circumvent is not the word of the month for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bigger issue sandog, when sturm comes back we dont have the "additional" to spend.

We will technically be carrying a roster with like a 62.5 cap hit, so when sturm comes back we have to be under. someone will have to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Wait, we can carry the cap hit for 950k of recchi's contract over to next year like the 2.6M for Seguin (3.5M* - 900k) via the bonus cushion?

*assuming seguin hits all incentives

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Bigger issue sandog, when sturm comes back we dont have the "additional" to spend. We will technically be carrying a roster with like a 62.5 cap hit, so when sturm comes back we have to be under. someone will have to go.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

If we can carry 1M of Rechi's contract over to next year (bonus cushion)....

I see us like this:
    562K in cap room (the 12K that capgeek was reporting + the 550K for mcquaid added back)
    -2.2M (blake)
    -900k (Seguin)
    +950k (amt of Recchi's contract that can be deferred to next year)

Puts us at around: 1.6 over when sturm comes back....2.2 if you want to carry mcquaid w the b's.  But we can call him up and down as much as we want, right?  SO we dont need to carry him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Raskman - with Wheeler and Seguin under contract, the Bruins will have 13 forwards under contract including Sturm.  They'll have 7 D, including McQuaid, and 2 goalies.  All told, 22 players with 21 on the roster after Sturm goes on LTIR.  The total salary cap hit commitment - numbers from Cap Geek plus $2.2M for Wheeler and $3.75M for Seguin - is $66,287,777 including the Bonus Carry-over and the buy-outs.  That's 6,887,771 over the Cap.  For Cap purposes, subtract Sturm at $3.5M, subtract $2.850M for bonuses on Seguin's contract, and another $950K for bonuses on Recchi's contract.  Total deductions - $7.3M.  Total anticipated cap hit to start the season, then, is $58,987,771 leaving the $412,229 that Hockguy0818 cites.  No empty roster spot, and no cap worry until Sturm is ready to return from LTIR. The only place where they're a bit squeezed is that they won't be able to choose to keep Caron, Colborne, or Hamill as the 22nd man in place of McQuaid.  Can't cover their EL bonuses even though the money is there to cover the salary.
    Posted by Bookboy007

In your calculation the 412k assumes that McQuaid is in B.  If we are substituting Caron or Colborne for him , then McQuaid's 550k gets added to the 412k. 

Would caron or colborne carry a cap hit greater than 962k?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Did you see Wheels one fight? F-ing embarrasing, I hit my tivo harder, I thought it was stuck in slowmotion.
    Posted by MDsizzle

I don't want to see Wheeler fighting any more than I want to see Krejci fighting. I want to see him putting the puck in the net.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bigger issue sandog, when sturm comes back we dont have the "additional" to spend. We will technically be carrying a roster with like a 62.5 cap hit, so when sturm comes back we have to be under. someone will have to go.Posted by rolerhoky19

It's a bad merrygoround and we're back to the $3.5Mil ? who goes at camp ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Drewski - I may have my wires crossed a bit on this.  Caron and Colborne both have EL bonuses like Seguin, but there are fewer dollars attached.  My first thought was that they'd already exploded the bonus allowance, but that's not right.  I had Sturm's money in there too - durh.  So yeah, maybe they could keep a forward and not McQuaid.  Might not be prudent though - you need some roster flexibility to accomodate short term injuries and call ups.

My new question, though?  Is Sturm's money in the calculation for the 10% off-season cushion?  59.4+5.94=$65.34M max.  Signing the anticipated deal for Seguin will push them over that limit if Sturm's money counts.  If LTIR keeps him off the books entirely until he returns, there's room.  If not, the Bruins might have to wait and bring Seguin to camp without a contract right up until Sturm's money can be sent to LTIR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"actually if obama has it his way, Wheeler will be taxed on about 60% of that amount"

If Bush had his way rich folks wouldn't pay any taxes -- oh wait, they don't