Wheeler : Come on!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Wheeler : Come on!

Arbitration for Mr. Blake !

Take the money, shut your mouth and play hockey !

This kid never gives his 100%. When you need arbitration, it is a sign that the player not delivered and he tries as best he can to squeeze a few more dollar to the organization.

I understand now why the Coyotes quit in Wheeler's case.

Sorry Stanleycuptothebruins, I have a lot of respect for you but I don't understand why you love this player like that.  ; )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Wheeler : Come on!

I wish I knew what numbers we are talking about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Wheeler : Come on!:
    Arbitration for Mr. Blake ! Take the money, shut your mouth and play hockey ! This kid never gives his 100%. When you need arbitration, it is a sign that the player not delivered and he tries as best he can to squeeze a few more dollar to the organization. I understand now why the Coyotes quit in Wheeler's case. Sorry Stanleycuptothebruins, I have a lot of respect for you but I don't understand why you love this player like that.  ; )
    Posted by Peanator

Arbitration does not mean a player hasn't delivered and is being greedy.  Without any idea of what either side is suggesting, it's impossible to know what's going on.  The B's might be offering him $1.15M and won't budge.  Wheeler might be asking for $3.5M and won't budge.  No one here knows.

Before you blow up the players who go to arbitration, keep in mind that a guy who used to wear #77 in Boston did it also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Two seasons and you come up with he never gives a 100 percent. It was a season for most of the players on this team not giving a 100 percent. How you can expect a player not to follow suit from his the so called leaders on this team when they were not giving it their all. I believe it was corrected at the ending of the season and that is why the team played well into the playoff unit the collapse of the Flyers series, So this will be the year in which Mr. Wheeler either becomes the player he can be or he's the dog a lot people on this board thinks he is. I just don't think you can label him after just two years in the pros. 

I predict he well score 30 this season  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  For all we know, PC may have requested Wheeler to go to arbitration so that it gives him another opportunity to perhaps buy out another contract  ... i.e. Ryder..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler : Come on!:
    We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  For all we know, PC may have requested Wheeler to go to arbitration so that it gives him another opportunity to perhaps buy out another contract  ... i.e. Ryder..
    Posted by RascalHoudi

I agree.  While I think that he has earned much of the criticism of his play, it is a bit early to be jumping on Wheeler over this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler : Come on! : I agree.  While I think that he has earned much of the criticism of his play, it is a bit early to be jumping on Wheeler over this.
    Posted by Mutant211

Shhhhhh........Stanley may hear you!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Will you please leave Wheeler alone ....

He will score a minimum of 33 goals next season and you'll all going to be overexcited,,,,,so just shut up please

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Wheeler stays)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Will you please leave Wheeler alone .... He will score a minimum of 33 goals next season and you'll all going to be overexcited,,,,,so just shut up please Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Wheeler stays)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Stanley, you're too funny, man! C'mon bro', you don't really believe this drivel, do you? 33 goals??? What have we seen from Blake "I can't score on an open net" Wheeler to cause us to believe he's going to pot 33 next year? Are you high?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Wheeler is a bust, face it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

What if Stanley is the arbitrator? Wheeler's going to get 7M a year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

I disagree this kid can be a sniper. I see him scoring 30 plus this season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

If it came down to a choice between Wheeler and Ryder it's pretty simple - go with the potential of Wheeler.

However, if he doesn't improve over the next contract (say.. 2 years?), it's time to move onto greener pastures. 

All the potential in the world ain't worth much if the kid never uses it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Wheeler is in arbitration ??? When did this happen ???

????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Well this thread sure took a turn toward the amusing.  RascalHoudi, I find myself agreeing with you twice in one thread.

BeantownBDH, you forgot the most important part to your signature quote:
    ...and most of 'em stink!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

I disagree this kid can be a sniper. I see him scoring 30 plus this season
    Posted by bobby774

What in the past has Wheeler done for you to ever think he can be a sniper?...the answer is nothing.  He is the farthest thing from a sniper...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'm not going to lose sleep if we lose Wheeler. He is no gamebreaker, solid player yes, but it won't cripple us if he leaves. I would like to keep him though. He is a young player and could blossom next year. Ever hear of the sophmore slump

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

What if Stanley is the arbitrator? Wheeler's going to get 7M a year!
    Posted by biggskye

LOL

If that's the case, I'd say the Bruins better be ready to cough up $10 million per for the next 10 seasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Smart move by Wheeler and works out for Chia. Chia gets to guarantee Wheeler will be in camp, or if the award is too high for his liking Chia can walk away. Wheeler gets to use other players for comparables, and show that he had only 8 fewer points than his rookie season. He can also point to the fact that he plays the PK. Arbitrators tend to use the number in between what the club is offering and what the player is asking for, unless one of the sides proves their point very well.

I'm thinking he'll pull out of his slump and hit 20 goals and 50 or 60 points. I think consistency will be the key for him to having a better season. He's been very streaky thus far. Obviously needs to learn to use his frame better to cut to the net without wiping out. And stop going offsides. ;-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler : Come on! : What in the past has Wheeler done for you to ever think he can be a sniper?...the answer is nothing.  He is the farthest thing from a sniper...
    Posted by Jake1977

His rookie year he looked like he had some hands.  I was at the game in St Louis when he stickhandled around what seemed to be 4 guys in the Blues zone for a goal.  He looked pretty good back then.  I'm kinda surprised at how weak he looked this year.  What happened to this kid?  He, Ryder and Wideman all break their deals with the devil?

It's not like he's plain terrible like Tim Thomas.  (that's for the OP)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Wheels doesn't have much a of a leg to skate on when making his case for arbitration based on last season. Point totals don't mean squat when your team's leading scorer all last year (Sturm) barely broke 20 and was a total no-show in the playoffs even before he tore his knee up.

Wheeler's game dropped far and fast from his 1st year w/the B's--strangely, after he put on all that muscle--does anyone else besides me think he was a better player when he was 25 lbs. lighter? It's not like that extra muscle turned him into a checking machine--his game was softer than ice cream in this heat wave.

All I'm saying is the kid still has potential but if I'm PC I'm not jumping thru hoops to keep him. And 30 goals next year? (Dana Carvey George Bush voice here: "Not gahhnaah happen....")

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm having trouble figuring out what Blake Wheeler does that would make him a sniper.  He's big, but he doesn't play big - not great at establishing position, not great at using his body to protect the puck - so that doesn't really help him score goals.  He's fast, but rarely gets chances off the rush and doesn't use his speed to go to the net, so that doesn't help him score.  Doesn't have the big shot to score from a distance.  Doesn't have the accuracy to score regularly from mid-distance and most angles.  Doesn't have the brain to anticipate where the puck will find him in open space.

The language in the Bruin scouting department seems to be "plus attribute" - something that distinguishes a player from the pack.  What's Wheeler's?  Dunno.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I think they'll come to an agreement before the meeting. Likely a one year deal and then try to get an extension in place by the end of the season. I don't know how far apart they are but both sides take risks in arbitration.

Wheeler does not have a very strong case. The arbitrator looks at what the facts actually are, not what they could be. Wheelers stats were worse in every category. Fewer goals, assists, points, +/- dropped from a +36 to a -4, PIM's went up.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'm having trouble figuring out what Blake Wheeler does that would make him a sniper.  He's big, but he doesn't play big - not great at establishing position, not great at using his body to protect the puck - so that doesn't really help him score goals.  He's fast, but rarely gets chances off the rush and doesn't use his speed to go to the net, so that doesn't help him score.  Doesn't have the big shot to score from a distance.  Doesn't have the accuracy to score regularly from mid-distance and most angles.  Doesn't have the brain to anticipate where the puck will find him in open space. The language in the Bruin scouting department seems to be "plus attribute" - something that distinguishes a player from the pack.  What's Wheeler's?  Dunno.
    Posted by Bookboy007

ITs the fact that he's 6'5" and the thought (read: delusion) that he will one day turn into a 6'5" beast who can skate and score.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wheeler, reminds me a bit of Francis, high skill not physical. Wheeler is a talent, just take off your hate glasses and you will see it.  Boneheads calling out Pc for letting Versteeg go, we would be in far worse cap problems had we had Vers instead of Wh, Wh is the better player and will show it next year.

Wheel had he went to Pho, would have had better stats and would have stayed at C where he needs to be, to play at his best, but it is not happennin here. A full year on the B's with no injuries to key players and a set line for Wh Kr and Ry will def give both Ryd and Wheel a shot at 30.