Wheeler gets 2.2 million ---OFFICIALLY--

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

Wheeler gets 2.2 million ---OFFICIALLY--

Per Fluto...2.2 milllion...which is lower than I thought he'd get...B's are probably slightly happy...

Now at least they know what their costs are the rest of the way...with both him and Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Wheeler gets 2.2 million ---OFFICIALLY--

Yes, I was also fearing a higher award and the chance that Boston would let Wheels walk. I think this is fair and both sides can now get to work on winning The Cup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I was also thinking higher ($2.6M).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Bruins now have 48 hrs to accept award, walk away or buy out any roster player to accommodate award

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

A little lower then I expected, but it's not bad.  Adding Sturm's LTIR and taking this award into account along with Seguin getting $900K in base salary and that leaves us with $412,229 in cap space for one more roster spot.  Since the league minimum is $500K, that's a problem. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler gets 2.2 million ---OFFICIALLY--:
    Bruins now have 48 hrs to accept award, walk away or buy out any roster player to accommodate award
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

This is a good deal for both sides. The Bruins will sign him and deal with the roster when Sturm returns. I doubt they buy out anyone at this time. Although buying out Ryder covers Wheeler's contract and gives an additional 400Kish in cap room. Plus it opens up a roster spot for a prospect.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328943

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

HackswithHaggs Wheeler's agent: "Decision came in range we expected. There were no winners or losers in this case. Blake is excited for camp & ready to go"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

HackswithHaggs Wheeler's agent: "Decision came in range we expected. There were no winners or losers in this case. Blake is excited for camp & ready to go"
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

So how low was PC trying to sihn him of he's happy with this ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

it's a fair deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A little lower then I expected, but it's not bad.  Adding Sturm's LTIR and taking this award into account along with Seguin getting $900K in base salary and that leaves us with $412,229 in cap space for one more roster spot.  Since the league minimum is $500K, that's a problem. Posted by Raskman

Yep so here will be a move during camp at some point.

Sections
Shortcuts