Wheeler is in Boston to stay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Wheeler is in Boston to stay

Stop talking about trading Wheeler ....this would be the worst trade ever in the BRUINS history ....remember Neely from Vancouver ??? This would be even worst ...this kid has the size, the talent and played fairly well in the series ..Game 7 he was one of the best player along with Looch and Recchi ......

Besides I would have to change the number and the name on my Bruins jesey...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay

"Wheeler in Boston to stay" -- Perhaps driving one of those Duck Tour Boat things for a living. Didn't see the "best player" thing going on. Seems to be leary of body contact and spends way too much time in munchkinland. I'm willing to give him more time but if the right deal comes along -- sionara.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'm going to pull a Barry Bonds and not respond to your assessment of Wheeler because "it's stupid"....   get another jersey....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shappydappydoo. Show shappydappydoo's posts

Not sure why you wasted your money buying that hacks jersey. We will probably have to put up with watching him again next year unfortunately. Wheeler's play was acceptable for a 3rd liner in this series, thats not having a good series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

If Whitfield doesn't come back, I'll have to get another jersey too.

Back to Robbinsville, Blake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

all you non Wheeler people are nothing more than gangbangers.Every year they pick on an up and coming thats not coming fast enough..Give me a break.2nd year 18 goals 5th in scoring.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay:
                    all you non Wheeler people are nothing more than gangbangers.Every year they pick on an up and coming thats not coming fast enough..Give me a break.2nd year 18 goals 5th in scoring.
    Posted by hockey-101

5th in scoring when it doesn't matter much - last in scoring when it does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

LAST SUMMER I STUCK UP FOR KESSEL,LOOKS LIKE ITS WHEELERS SUMMER.ONLY IN BEANTOWN I GUESS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Still only 23...still has huge potential...seems like he hurt himself by having such a great rookie season cuz a lotta people around here seem to think he blows now haha...I, however, am not one of them...

I think he'll back with the B's next year...unless he wants an absurd amount of money...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

well I hope he goes and has 'huge potential' for some other team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

There is no doubt that he has the potential.  The problem is that you can have all the skills in the world but if you have zero confidence you will never succed in this league.  Mental toughness is very important!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

if the BRUINS do not resign Wheel it'll be the biggest scew up of all time ....last year I've watched all the BRUINS games and some nights he looked like Mario Lemieux UNREAL this kid has a huge potential go on youtube watch some of his plays ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

he has 3rd line talent. does finish his checks often enough. if he wants more than 1.5 mil he should be gone.

his upside could be like knuble but he doesnt drive to the net often enough and his shot is not good enough to score from 20-25 feet out.

great penalty killer but takes too many shifts off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

LAST SUMMER I STUCK UP FOR KESSEL,LOOKS LIKE ITS WHEELERS SUMMER.ONLY IN BEANTOWN I GUESS.
    Posted by hockey-101

sorry, can't compare Wheeler to Kessel....  although he's a handful off the ice, Kessel knows how to find the back of the net....  Wheeler's not worth keeping at any price....  he peaked during the first half of last year alongside Krejci and Ryder but his game has gone south ever since....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay : sorry, can't compare Wheeler to Kessel....  although he's a handful off the ice, Kessel knows how to find the back of the net....  Wheeler's not worth keeping at any price....  he peaked during the first half of last year alongside Krejci and Ryder but his game has gone south ever since....
    Posted by days-of-Orr
         2nd year player 18 goals,5th in scoring, you have expensive taste mr orr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

18 goals....  WOW!!!!....  fIfth in scoring on the lowest scoring team doesn't say much....  he's replaceable....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

18 goals....  WOW!!!!....  fIfth in scoring on the lowest scoring team doesn't say much....  he's replaceable....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

only 2 years in the NHL   if that dosnt say much,I dont what will.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Wheeler is in Boston to stay:
    Stop talking about trading Wheeler ....this would be the worst trade ever in the BRUINS history ....remember Neely from Vancouver ??? This would be even worst ...this kid has the size, the talent and played fairly well in the series ..Game 7 he was one of the best player along with Looch and Recchi ...... Besides I would have to change the number and the name on my Bruins jesey...
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Go to bed old man...GEESH!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shappydappydoo. Show shappydappydoo's posts

if the BRUINS do not resign Wheel it'll be the biggest scew up of all time ....last year I've watched all the BRUINS games and some nights he looked like Mario Lemieux UNREAL this kid has a huge potential go on youtube watch some of his plays ....
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I really hope that was a joke..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

he has 3rd line talent. does finish his checks often enough. if he wants more than 1.5 mil he should be gone. his upside could be like knuble but he doesnt drive to the net often enough and his shot is not good enough to score from 20-25 feet out. great penalty killer but takes too many shifts off.
    Posted by chitownBruinfan

I pretty much agree with this post.

It's tough to fault the kid completely, although he has been frustrating to watch.  He was a victime of his training camp success who peaked in the first three months of his rookie season.  If he hadn't been so good in training camp, he would have gotten sent down where his game could have grown at a normal pace. 

He was told to put on 15 pounds of muscle last summer.  So he did.  The extra weight slowed him down considerably.  Even when his skating started to come around, he still played like a small player, avoiding contact more often than not.  Maybe he will put it all together and be a good 30+ goal guy in a couple of years.  Maybe he won't.  Maybe he has a fear of pain that will keep him from ever reaching his potential.

It will be a while before anybody knows for sure if Wheeler can be an impact maker.  In the meantime, I would be happy if they signed him for $1.5 Mil.  I could even live with $2 Mil for a year or two.  If a team wants to throw a bunch of money at him, let 'em. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

If any of you guys think Wheeler should be resigned, then you are more delusional than I originally thought.  On what basis should Chiarelli resign him?  The fact that he had 1 good year with the team?  Ryder, Wideman, Hunwick, and yes, Tim Thomas, were all resigned based upon only a few years of service.  And how do you think those deals ended up?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

If any of you guys think Wheeler should be resigned, then you are more delusional than I originally thought.  On what basis should Chiarelli resign him?  The fact that he had 1 good year with the team?  Ryder, Wideman, Hunwick, and yes, Tim Thomas, were all resigned based upon only a few years of service.  And how do you think those deals ended up?
    Posted by TimThomas-god

34 year old Ryder       35 year old Thomas                                   

good comparisons

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The kid needs to heavily train this offseason, put on 20 lbs of muscle.  I agree he has the size, speed, and hands (at least last year he did), to be a difference maker, but he needs to bulk up in order to bang in front of the net and win battles.
    Posted by joebondo

Joe,
    He tried that last summer.  After trying to bulk up, his skills weren't as sharp and he still didn't play any more physical than the year before.

I think he will always have decent skills- a 20-25 goal scorer who plays soft hockey.  There are plenty of guys like this.  Not bad for a 3rd liner but if they pay him anything more than $1mil- they are overpaying and will handcuff themselves even more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay :                   34 year old Ryder       35 year old Thomas                                                               good comparisons
    Posted by hockey-101

I love the fact that I gave 4 comparisons to Wheeler, but you only mentioned 2 based on their age.  That's a great way to be open-minded.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I see a guy who's not playing to his potential EVERY night, I think that satisfies people who think he's Mario - and those that don't.  The trouble all year and of course especially in the playoffs was that guys brought their 'a' game when it suited them and not when it was needed.

The Bruins - any team - who is a legit contender for the cup needs to have ALL their guys able to bring it on when they need to, not when it suits them.

I say wait on Wheeler until half way thru next season, if he hasn't wired his brain and but together by then, then see who will take him.