Wheeler is in Boston to stay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay:
    I see a guy who's not playing to his potential EVERY night, I think that satisfies people who think he's Mario - and those that don't.  The trouble all year and of course especially in the playoffs was that guys brought their 'a' game when it suited them and not when it was needed. The Bruins - any team - who is a legit contender for the cup needs to have ALL their guys able to bring it on when they need to, not when it suits them . I say wait on Wheeler until half way thru next season, if he hasn't wired his brain and but together by then, then see who will take him.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I get what you're saying, but if the Bruins wait till next year to trade Wheeler (and he's struggling), then no team is going to want him.  My problem with Wheeler is that he is soft; he is a big guy but doesn't play like it.  The guy you're describing sounds more like Lucic, who will occasionally have his moments, but just can't seem to put it all together.  Wheeler, on the other hand, has been underachieving since the end of last year.  Wasn't he benched during the Montreal series?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Wheeller does have potential but so did Josef Stumpel.. and how'd that work out?   For a tall kid, he is too easily knocked off the puck and usually ends up on the ice... Bulking him up over the summer might help him remain vertical but it might compromise his speed... Tough call on him.. He is still fairly young and has that upside tag but..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Wheeller does have potential but so did Josef Stumpel.. and how'd that work out?   For a tall kid, he is too easily knocked off the puck and usually ends up on the ice... Bulking him up over the summer might help him remain vertical but it might compromise his speed... Tough call on him.. He is still fairly young and has that upside tag but..
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Yes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Done da done done!  Done da done done DONE!  Wheeler is and should have been done!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Wheeler has to go get some Ballzzz inserted. He shy's away from contact or falls down under pressure. He would look good anywhere but Boston. That's a big problem with this team right now. NO BALLZZ!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay : I get what you're saying, but if the Bruins wait till next year to trade Wheeler (and he's struggling), then no team is going to want him.  My problem with Wheeler is that he is soft; he is a big guy but doesn't play like it.  The guy you're describing sounds more like Lucic, who will occasionally have his moments, but just can't seem to put it all together.  Wheeler, on the other hand, has been underachieving since the end of last year.  Wasn't he benched during the Montreal series?
    Posted by TimThomas-god

there will always be a team that will take a under 25 year old player with decent skills.  there will always be an organization that will think that they can get the most out of the player.  that said, it doesn't mean that the bruins will get good value in a trade if he is underachieving at the time of the deal.

i think wheeler can be a solid nhler in this league but i have my doubts that he'll ever achieve his full potential and be a very good player.  i have no problem if they decide to give him one more shot.  but i won't be upset at all if they let him go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

i'd still rather see him as a 3rd line center. we need a big center. maybe he will be more focused in this role. to play center you need to move your feet. maybe this wil get him to play more inspired.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

i'd still rather see him as a 3rd line center. we need a big center. maybe he will be more focused in this role. to play center you need to move your feet. maybe this wil get him to play more inspired.
    Posted by chitownBruinfan

Have you been smoking crack?  It's called Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, and Sobotka.  The Bruins are already set at center.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay : Have you been smoking crack?  It's called Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, and Sobotka.  The Bruins are already set at center.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

one of them needs to be moved for a 1st line winger or move bergeron to wing.
     our wingers going into next year are ryder, lucic, paille, sturm is hurt and wheeler.

you probably think this is a winning combination huh, TT left bench?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weeker had his chance to increase size and stamina (Extenz commercial) last summer but blew it. If he wants more than 1.5Mil I say no package him with a pick to move up. Blake refuses to muck it in the corners, finish checks or shake his badly timed offsides. He had a chance to earn a new contract in these playoffs but did not he needs to go!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is in Boston to stay : one of them needs to be moved for a 1st line winger or move bergeron to wing.  our wingers going into next year are ryder, lucic, paille, sturm is hurt and wheeler. you probably think this is a winning combination huh, TT left bench?
    Posted by chitownBruinfan

Once again, where do you get your crack, because it seems pretty effective.  PC, as dumb as he is, is not stupid enough to trade Savard/Bergeron/Krejci for a winger.  The Bruins are going to draft either Hall (LW) or Seguin (can play all 3 forward positions).  If they end up with Seguin, they'll move him to wing.  And they will find a way to sign a FA forward, probably by trading Thomas to clear some cap space. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Why do you think 12 teams wanted him when he was released from Phoenix ...?? He has everything a GM wants ...Power forward, young , big, talented ..this kid has the potential to become a Super star he would score 50 goals in2 or 3 years from now and I wouldnt be surprised at all ....I say he will get 65 points next year and he will be 2nd in scoring for the BRUINS next to Krejci ......he has it all .....

Trading Wheeler would be like passing on Hall & Seguin .....wasting one of the best talent in the NHL .......WHEELER FOREVER WITH THE BRUINS ! ! ! !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Hahahaha please tell me you did not compare Blake pus*yhands Wheeler to Mario Lemieux HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.     I don't know what your fascination is with Wheeler but its starting to become a little creepy because this kid is nowhere near the talent you are making him out to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Wheeler stays unless he is part of a package deal for a current top-line forward or an attempt to move up in the draft.

I am curious whether the critics of Wheeler are the same fools who said the Bruins gave up on Kessel too fast, keeping in mind Wheeler actually puts in an honest effort, has the potential to be a physical presence (no chance Kessel ever will), and actually CHOSE to be here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

AMAZING to me..... YOU clowns claim to be fans of the Bruins....  You always BIOTCH when they do not succeed at the goal....  You complain when they are old and plodding and have no sniper... YET you currently have a kid who most teams had a desire to get, and after a mere two years you are ready to ship the kid out.

FOOLS!  He has speed (can't be taught) he has size (Can't be taught), he has a decent shot.... and hey let us send him to neverland for a case of Michael Jackson's pills.... 

Damned you all....  if you want quality it take a while, as long as the team is continually progressing then you need to allow the progress to be made.  Wheeler will be a good scorer, but he is more or less learning the trade at the utmost level.  Dump him and let som eone else reap the profits of the hard earned lessons......

KIDDIES.... and that is what you all are... KIDDIES.... it is time for you to go sit in the corner to pout and stay away from the adults.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Teach Wheeler to go to the net like Neely did, then we'll talk. He's like Big Joe. Will not go to the hurt zones, where the goals are scored.
    Look at Lucic's last 3 goals. All right in front of the net. Big guys can and should do that. Wheeler does not.
    joebondo is right. Wheeler needs to muscle up, and go to the net. Too soft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

AMAZING to me..... YOU clowns claim to be fans of the Bruins....  You always BIOTCH when they do not succeed at the goal....  You complain when they are old and plodding and have no sniper... YET you currently have a kid who most teams had a desire to get, and after a mere two years you are ready to ship the kid out. FOOLS!  He has speed (can't be taught) he has size (Can't be taught), he has a decent shot.... and hey let us send him to neverland for a case of Michael Jackson's pills....  Damned you all....  if you want quality it take a while, as long as the team is continually progressing then you need to allow the progress to be made.  Wheeler will be a good scorer, but he is more or less learning the trade at the utmost level.  Dump him and let som eone else reap the profits of the hard earned lessons...... KIDDIES.... and that is what you all are... KIDDIES.... it is time for you to go sit in the corner to pout and stay away from the adults.
    Posted by FenwayChuck

A little over the top, but sadly I agree with this. The majority of "fans" on this board have no patience and lack the judgment to avoid knee-jerk reactions.

Blake Wheeler will turn into Mike Knuble and that is a very valuable weapon to have in the arsenal. Knuble doesn't lay people out but he's big and lanky (like Wheeler) and can grind. Knuble was by no means a star until his late 20s when he was paired with Joe and Muzz. Give Wheeler some time folks.

Granted, Wheeler needs to get to the net and park his arss there, but give him a bit of time. If you dump Wheeler who the hell do you plan on replacing him with? I guarantee you Caron and Colbourne will have the same damn issues for a few years. Lucic is a god-damn man-child so don't expect that out of young players.

I suspect that most posters on this board have never played ice-hockey and/or think building a hockey team is like building a baseball/basketball/football team (which Boston has been good at). Baseball is a retarded comparison because there is no salary cap and basketball is basically a 6 man team with some throw-ins (Hockey is 20 plus throw-ins). 

Football is a decent comparison because it is a team sport (with large teams, unlike basketball) where teams are built through the draft and shrewd free agent signings. The KEY difference, though, is that football players have shorter careers and are expected to reach their peak a lot quicker. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Wheeler 30 goals next year!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The kid needs to heavily train this offseason, put on 20 lbs of muscle.  I agree he has the size, speed, and hands (at least last year he did), to be a difference maker, but he needs to bulk up in order to bang in front of the net and win battles.
    Posted by joebondo

The kid put on 25 lbs of muscle in the off-season last year! I'm on the fence on this guy! He reminds me a little of Alexi Kovelev in his younger yrs. Not sniper wise, but he shows these flashes of greatness, then completely disappears for long stretches! He's so frustrating. I think if the B's could get a Patrick Sharp type player I'd let him go, but I would'nt just let him go for the sake of letting him go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Wheel stays unless we get an offer one on one for Ovi or Sid the kid thats it thats all..................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

if the BRUINS do not resign Wheel it'll be the biggest scew up of all time ....last year I've watched all the BRUINS games and some nights he looked like Mario Lemieux UNREAL this kid has a huge potential go on youtube watch some of his plays ....
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Okay StanleyCup, if you're going to start comparing Blake "I can't score on an open net" Wheeler to Mario Lemieux, then you've definitely lost any grip on reality that you may have previously had. At one time. A long time ago. Maybe in another life. Anyway, c'mon man, give your head a shake. How can you even say those two names together in the same sentence? Stop smoking crack.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Stanley is goofing on everyone that responds to his over the top outragious cmments.. He/She apparemntly knows a enough abnout hockey to make some seemingly educated observations then counters 99% of that with his/her rantings about being in the bruins front office.. The onlyu way he could be in the bruins front office is by breaking in...      

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Hey bobby774, Wheeler 30 goals next year!! :

What, is the NHL starting him with 15 goals next season before play begins?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

i like wheeler to edm. to ensure we get mr hall...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

the "biggest screw up of all time".  Are you SERIOUS??
    I think this past series ranks a little higher you dufus