Wheeler Number

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Wheeler Number

Alright, the day is rapidly approaching...what salary do you think the arbitrator is going to award Wheeler, and do you think the Bruins will take it or walk away?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Wheeler Number

2.25.  Take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I keep having this recurring feeling that he's gonna get over 3 a year...not a good feeling...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Clarke MacArthur, 16G, 19A...awarded $2.4M
    Blake Wheeler, 18G, 20A...same if not more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler Number:
    Clarke MacArthur, 16G, 19A...awarded $2.4M Blake Wheeler, 18G, 20A...same if not more.
    Posted by Raskman

I don't know - if they get the same arbiter, perhaps. But who knows? There's no concrete parameters; it's just one person's judgment/ruling. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

2.6 or less, then the Bruins take it. More and then the Bruins rely on one of the young guys. I say he's awarded 2.4

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For some reason 2.75Mil is the number that I think Blake will be awarded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

With Sturm on LTIR, we are left with $3.512M. Seguin is a 900K cap hit, so unless Wheeler is awarded more than $2.6M then either he or someone else will not be on the Bruins this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

For some reason 2.75Mil is the number that I think Blake will be awarded.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

That's the number that I was thinking (dreading).  Hopefully Chiarelli can make a compelling case for a lower number. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

does potential matter in arbitration, past performance or both?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

David Perron was re-signed for a 2.15 cap hit after scoring 20G 27A.
    I expect Wheeler's award to fall between 2M and 2.5M.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Clarke MacArthur, 16G, 19A...awarded $2.4M Blake Wheeler, 18G, 20A...same if not more.
    Posted by Raskman

Agreed, should be in the same ballpark, although for pure talent level there is no comparison, edge to Wheeler , just needs to be more consistent and develop a bit of a harder edge to play with and develop some grit to go with his size.. Something tells me this arbitration is not going to go well for the Bruins , see past history.. Reading todays Globe this quote from the agent looks ominous...""Talks have been professional, but we agree to disagree on certain points of an agreement." 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

I think 2.5 and i would hope the bruins will walk away from that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's interesting that the principles are all heading to Toronto, and that wheeler's agent indicated that they had a good discussion, but, do not agree with the Bruins perspective. As so many have indicated, Wheels and the B's should be at or near 2.3, which, based on this past year, is probably reasonable for the B's, but not acceptable to an agent squeezing for more. Do not understand Wheeler's perspective, but, we should remember that he turned down Phoenix, so his ego may be getting in the way of staying in Boston. If so, it could be that wheeler's personality, in the locker room, might be more abrasive than Savard's. Any comments on the alternatives  if the bruins do not accept the arbitrators decision??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I think PC is setting the stage to walk away.  2.5 to 3million is way to much for this guy.  I would rather walk away and let a low cap guy like Caron or Marchand take his role in the lineup.  Or even a vet like Satan comes cheaper than Wheeler.  After watching last season, I would take Satan over Wheeler in a heart beat.  Save the cap space (and try to free up more if possible) to add a trade deadline player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And now we're off to arbitration with Wheeler.  Sheesh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

does potential matter in arbitration, past performance or both?
    Posted by Mattyb9977

Some of the facts and data permitted include:

• Overall performance, including offensive and defensive statistics, from the most recent or past seasons
    • Games played and injuries
    • How long the player has been with the club or in the NHL
    • How the player contributed to team’s success or lack thereof in the most recent season
    • Intangible qualities including leadership or “public appeal” (direct term from the CBA) that don’t conflict with a player’s on-ice role and responsibilities
    • Comparable players (an arbiter cannot deem another player comparable unless he has been mentioned by one of the parties)

http://national-hockey-league-nhl.suite101.com/article.cfm/what_happens_during_an_nhl_arbitration_hearing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I would rather walk at 2.5M, but I dont think its going to happen.  If they weren't prepared to give him 2.5M, then they would be shopping him avidly.  They have not been.

Here's to hoping they (and Stanley) see something that I dont.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

so all this, flying to to. 100 hundred dollars dinners plates, hotels, and tie up people time for a few k ,,joke,,some players just have nothin else to do ,where,s the heart for the game 2.45m take it or walk  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

2.6 millions for Wheeler ????? Expensive !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler Number : Some of the facts and data permitted include: Overall performance, including offensive and defensive statistics, from the most recent or past seasons Games played and injuries How long the player has been with the club or in the NHL How the player contributed to team’s success or lack thereof in the most recent season Intangible qualities including leadership or “public appeal” (direct term from the CBA) that don’t conflict with a player’s on-ice role and responsibilities Comparable players (an arbiter cannot deem another player comparable unless he has been mentioned by one of the parties) http://national-hockey-league-nhl.suite101.com/article.cfm/what_happens_during_an_nhl_arbitration_hearing
    Posted by duinne

thanks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I have a real bad feeling that no matter how this goes down, we're getting bitten in the @$$.  If Wheeler signs here, how long can he really stay after this?  I dont think arbitration looks good for a player, ESPECIALLY a young one that isnt scoring 30/30.  I think if we keep him, he stays a 20/20 guy thats a defensive liability.  If we let him go, I have a bad feeling he turns into a stud over the next couple seasons.  Right now, he isnt worth over 2.5.  Considering what hes accomplished, Id dont think he is worth more than 2, but anything under 2.4 he should stay.  Up to 2.7 is questionable depending on the long term plan for him, anything over 2.7 and he is gone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Wheeler will be happy. PC won't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think this might be the beginning of the end for Blake in Boston even just for the fact that they will be arguing and questioning Blake Wheeler's ability to play hockey with Blake in the room...

That is never a good thing...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I think this might be the beginning of the end for Blake in Boston even just for the fact that they will be arguing and questioning Blake Wheeler's ability to play hockey with Blake in the room... That is never a good thing...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

You can be certain his agent has prepared him for it. He's not going in expecting to hear good things. 

If everyone agrees with the arbitrator, and he has a good year, the Bruins will re-sign him to a longer-term contract. I doubt there will be any lingering hard feelings. It's a business, and he knows that.