Wheeler/Stuart + for Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wheeler/Stuart + for Kaberle

I say heck yeah...Kaberle would run the power play(which we need) he also is one of the best outlet passers in the league.  Our def would be one of our strong points again....
    I like Stuart a lot but Kaberle is a great talent that was on a terrible team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Wheeler/Stuart + for Kaberle

Kaberle is mediocre defensively

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I dislike the idea of trading two young players for an aging defensman with an expiring contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kaberle would be a perfect fit on bs pp...he can flat out play...i like stuy alot though and tough to give up on wheels alot of potential but id do it only because kaberle is a difference maker would turn alot of those 1 pt games into 2 pts for bs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler/Stuart + for Kaberle:
    kaberle would be a perfect fit on bs pp...he can flat out play...i like stuy alot though and tough to give up on wheels alot of potential but id do it only because kaberle is a difference maker would turn alot of those 1 pt games into 2 pts for bs
    Posted by bruins8

Kaberle's best days are behind him. He didn't turn Toronto's 0 point games into any points as a so called difference maker. Pass. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

We just signed Stuart like a couple weeks ago.  Do you really think the Bruins are going to give up on him that easily?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Bad trade. I wouldn't trade Wheeler straight up for Kaberle. Wheeler is still very young and talented while Kaberle is another one of Toronto's over rated ageing veterans. He was a decent defenceman but right now it wouldn't be much different than keeping Wideman. Offensive skill aplenty and quite weak on the defensive side of the ice. I believe that our defence IS our strong point anyways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

disagree chowda  he didnt turn torontos 0 pt games because they are lousy with the bruins he would be a huge help trust me...u know hockey kaberle can play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

hmmm... i'd trade Wheeler for Kaberle if it wasnt for cap situation.

and IMO kaberle is much better than wideman.  put Kaberle with a team like Boston, im sure he reach 50 PTS easily.

yes, he's not young anymore and comes with a 1 yr contract. BUT you don't find offensive D's like that very often. the last player who wore the B's uniform that was similar to Kaberle.. was Gonchar.

anyway, i always liked Kaberle, and would love to see him in a bruins uniform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

STOP TAKING EKLUND SERIOULY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Stuart isn't going anywhere.  The team needs defensive defensemen like him.  He makes it possible for his partner to jump up into the offensive play.  He'll never put up big offensive numbers, but he'll always contribute in other ways. 

He may have a burr under his saddle after his disappointing comeback attempt in the playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Bad trade. I wouldn't trade Wheeler straight up for Kaberle. Wheeler is still very young and talented while Kaberle is another one of Toronto's over rated ageing veterans. He was a decent defenceman but right now it wouldn't be much different than keeping Wideman. Offensive skill aplenty and quite weak on the defensive side of the ice. I believe that our defence  IS our strong point anyways.
    Posted by Reilly24

Agreed. He's the same age as Chara I believe (I might be a year off) and both are pending UFA's at the end of the year. So, not only would we need to resign one, but BOTH. It's not like both will come cheap either, it'll take roughly $10-12M to resign them both. That's 1/5 of the payroll right there. Plus, if Toronto does poorly (which I expect them to), we could be looking at landing Adam Larsson in the draft, a defensemen who will only count as a 900K cap hit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

disagree chowda  he didnt turn torontos 0 pt games because they are lousy with the bruins he would be a huge help trust me...u know hockey kaberle can play
    Posted by bruins8

Why do people write "Trust me"?  I don't trust most of the people I know, let alone some random anon internet message board poster.

I'll make you a deal:  You post the correct powerball numbers the night before they're drawn, and I'll consider trusting your crystal ball for the Bruins.  Until then, you're just with the rest of us lumps who don't know exactly what would happen if Kaberle came to the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I like the idea of acquiring Kaberle.  I get his "softness" but he is a top unit PP player.  Still only 32 and a UFA after this year, if it doesn't work, let him walk.  Stuart is also a UFA after next year, Wheels might be as well.  I would make this deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

if Pete makes this trade he should be fired the next day.
    Posted by lemondropper

Pete wasn't fired for the Thomas contract, the Ryder contract, the Ference extension, the Shaeffer deal, and many other sins.  I highly doubt he would be fired for making a deal that adds a top 3 d-man for a 4-5 d-man and a 3rd line winger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anything that would even remotely help Toronto is a bad idea.

Ryder for Kaberle straight up, now that's something I would do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anything that would even remotely help Toronto is a bad idea. Ryder for Kaberle straight up, now that's something I would do.
    Posted by BadHabitude

oh, and I forgot, throw in rising star Zach Hamill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler/Stuart + for Kaberle : oh, and I forgot, throw in rising star Zach Hamill.
    Posted by BadHabitude

No way!  Far too lopsided.  If Hamill went to Toronto, they'd be top four easily!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stuart isn't going anywhere. The team needs defensive defensemen like him.  He makes it possible for his partner to jump up into the offensive play.  He'll never put up big offensive numbers, but he'll always contribute in other ways.  He may have a burr under his saddle after his disappointing comeback attempt in the playoffs. 
    Posted by Mutant211

Real good points on Stuart not going anywhere soon. When Burke finally realizes that the Leafs aren't going to make the playoffs (should be right now!) PC will jump into the fray for Kaberle. Wheeler and Stuart will not be included as Brian needs draft picks PC has them a plenty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

ekland twitter ,Wheeler/Stuart + for Kaberle

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's planet Eklund unto himself

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I dislike the idea of trading two young players for an aging defensman with an expiring contract.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

QFT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In the end, it would be....

Wideman, 1rst Round Pick 15th (Derek Forbort),  3rd rounder in 2011 (TBD), Stuart, and Wheeler

for

Kaberle, Horton, and Campbell

I lumped these trades together since we got rid of a "mobile puck-moving" defenseman only to get another one back.  However, I do think Kaberle is better than Wideman. 

If this trade were to go through, we could look at the trades  from a positional perspective...

Stuart, Wideman, and Forbort for Kaberle
    Wheeler and 3rd rounder for Horton and Campbell

Horton better be real good otherwise the B's could look really bad if Wheeler  notches 30. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

BINGO!!!  Like OlsonicCreations said, "QFT"!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins0615. Show Bruins0615's posts

too bad it couldn't be Wheeler and Ference for Kaberle

Sections
Shortcuts