Wheeler to Providence!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Wheeler to Providence!!!!

Wheeler is trying real hard this year, B's fan are very proud of you Blake. But unfortunately you are a bust and you have 0 goals this year. Lets bring up Colborne or Sauve. Or trade Wheeler for a mouthpiece. Looks like your old skates aint helping.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!!

Oh boy...here it comes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Trade him to Toronto for a puck signed by Phil Kessel

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

zzzzzzzz

fail thread

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I thought the Bruins need to put Wheeler on waivers to send him to Providence or at least to bring him back. Why would they do this? Granted he cannot seem to put the puck in the net, but a lot of guys in Providence are also shooting wide or into the goalie based on shot counts. Wheeler has real potential which makes him good trade bait. Hed is very fast; this year, with Bergie, he is controlling the puck better; he still shoots high, wide and into the goalie's belly. He is a skilled college player who has struggled under a pro environment, but, isn't that what coaches are for??? IMO Julien latest comments on shifting Wheeler and Recchi are competely bogus and not too smart as far as growing Seguin or giving Bergeron a skilled scoring winger. Wheeler is being showcased while limiting his on ice time. Seguin does not have the experience, as yet, to recreate the Kreji magic.  Perception has never been one of Claude's strong suits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Wheeler to Providence!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Wheeler is trying real hard this year, B's fan are very proud of you Blake. But unfortunately you are a bust and you have 0 goals this year. Lets bring up Colborne or Sauve. Or trade Wheeler for a mouthpiece. Looks like your old skates aint helping.
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

You are aware, aren't you, that Colborne scored his first goal in the P-Bruins' last game? That he's 20 years old (two years younger than Wheeler was in his first year) and nowhere near ready for the NHL? And that Sauve is the same? Could someone explain to me the fixation with calling for promoting kids before they're ready? Do people want them to fail?

At any rate, Wheeler's been playing very well, especially on the PK, more than pulling his weight. He hasn't scored yet; neither has Brad Marchand. Why not demote Marchand? Bergeron's got one goal. Why aren't you calling for his head?

I don't get it. This is team rolling, the PK is #1 in the league, the chemistry is visible even on TV, and we should dump contributors for nothing. Weird.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

not good enough ..thats the bottom line..what are you saying that because they are young they cant play in the nhl...give your head a shake ...seguin..hall...stamkos...tavares..not bad players in nhl..and oh yeah they are young...no wheels has had his chance...get him out of here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!!:
    [QUOTE]not good enough ..thats the bottom line..what are you saying that because they are young they cant play in the nhl...give your head a shake ...seguin..hall...stamkos...tavares..not bad players in nhl..and oh yeah they are young...no wheels has had his chance...get him out of here
    Posted by north1234[/QUOTE]

ROFL, you're seriously comparing Colborne and Sauve to guys like Seguin, Hall and Stamkos?

Youth in itself isn't the issue -- experience, physical and mental development, and talent are the issues. Guys like Seguin and Hall et al (all top draft picks) are the exceptions, not the rule.

More appropriate comparisons are guys like David Krejci (one year in the AHL), Johnny Boychuk (five years in the AHL), Bobby Ryan (parts of two years in the AHL) or Dustin Brown (one year in the AHL). The AHL is meant for people like Colborne and Sauve, who are not ready for the NHL (and believe me, I've seen them play; they're not ready) but ready to move on from junior or college.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I was at the game on Sat sitting 3 rows back of the Bruin bench. Wheeler had no emotion on the bench rarely spoke just sat with his head down most of the time. He must be feeling all sorts of pressure. Too much hype for a college player. He is going to 4th line 3rd at the very best nowhere near what we expected. A drat pick for him is the way to go as he will not be worth signing next year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Trade him to Toronto for a puck signed by Phil Kessel
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Got a giggle outta me on that one gj haah.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game on Sat sitting 3 rows back of the Bruin bench. Wheeler had no emotion on the bench rarely spoke just sat with his head down most of the time. He must be feeling all sorts of pressure. Too much hype for a college player. He is going to 4th line 3rd at the very best nowhere near what we expected. A drat pick for him is the way to go as he will not be worth signing next year. 
    Posted by jman4[/QUOTE]

In the words of the famous John MacEnroe  " YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!"
    Ignore has just been hit..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Solid defensively, good passes, carriers the puck into the offensive zone, holds the puck on the boards.

These are the things I notice. Maybe its what other hockey coaches notice too, he'll come close to 20 this year and 15+g and those attributes make a solid NHLer. Im going with Duinne here but in a more dramatic fashion

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, have to agree with duinne here.  Wheeler's not great, but he seems to be playing well enough on the team that is doing nothing but winning.  I would dangle him in trades to pick up a defensmen possibly, but I see nothing wrong with letting him play at this point and there is no reason to just dump him.

I love Sauve and Colborne as prospects, but they are not ready and are not an upgrade to Wheeler. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRELD. Show MRELD's posts

I am a P-Bruins season ticket holder. Help.....HELP!!!

HELP....send us anyone that can score!!!!!!!

PLEASE??????

Thanks......I'll be ok.....no, really.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jstucker. Show jstucker's posts

[QUOTE]Solid defensively, good passes, carriers the puck into the offensive zone, holds the puck on the boards. These are the things I notice. Maybe its what other hockey coaches notice too, he'll come close to 20 this year and 15+g and those attributes make a solid NHLer. Im going with Duinne here but in a more dramatic fashion WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't that Wheeler isn't good enough to merit a spot in the NHL, it's simply that he is the most likely cap victim. His salary exceeds his production and doesn't warrant a spot over savard or sturm when they are healthy (hopefully very soon). Wheeler and Ryder are likely victims because despite any skills they have they are not "Bruins players" at heart. With Cam in charge now they just don't fit in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One player on this team has had one nhl calibre of a game and thats not wheeler. Wheeler will be fine, he does a lot of good things and i have yet to see him make one mistake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

From what is going on with cap space. Wheeler will be traded. If he was scoring. No trade. And we know he's not scoring.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Seems like he's doing a lot of good things this year, including playing more physically, but I get the feeling he's gripping the stick too hard. Maybe dropping to the line with Seguin and Ryder will take some pressure off and just let him skate and try to have some fun finding some chemistry. CJ seems to be more patient this year with his line combos, so maybe he'll give them a chance to gel. Wheeler strikes me as someone who may need a change of scenery in order to thrive, but hopefully he'll start potting some goals soon and get some confidence back. Hopefully Seguin is just what the doctor ordered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Wheeler is looking like Paille. Enough said. Send him to Providence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Deal the wheel when Sturm/Savard come back.

He *will* be a solid NHLer.  Problem is he's a slow learner.

Roster spots are valuable.  Wheeler has good trade value.  Keep getting the draft picks and keep building this team.

As far as his pk skills, betcha a few guys on the current roster could fill it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]zzzzzzzz fail thread
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Dang right, OC.

Just dumb.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Since when do we even need to bring in Sturm? He doesn't play physical, will more than likely show less speed than before, considering his injuries. I say leave the line-up alone/  When Savard comes back then we have an issue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!!:[QUOTE]From what is going on with cap space. Wheeler will be traded. If he was scoring. No trade. And we know he's not scoring. Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Because he's not driving to the net like Caron and Seguin. Chiarelli isn't going to trade Blake for nothing nor send him through waivers as he could be claimed on re-entry for half the price with no compensation and the Bruins would still be on the hook for half his salary which PC does not want.

Next time someone sits near the Bruins bench they should ask Blake what happened to that Edge shaving cream he spoke about bringing to the upcoming season. "Yah but his potential" Gone...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!! : Because he's not driving to the net like Caron and Seguin. Chiarelli isn't going to trade Blake for nothing nor send him through waivers as he could be claimed on re-entry for half the price with no compensation and the Bruins would still be on the hook for half his salary which PC does not want. Next time someone sits near the Bruins bench they should ask Blake what happened to that Edge shaving cream he spoke about bringing to the upcoming season. "Yah but his potential" Gone...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hmm, didn't Wheeler get punched in the face in Ottawa for driving to the net and whacking at Elliot?

Musta dreamed it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!! : Hmm, didn't Wheeler get punched in the face in Ottawa for driving to the net and whacking at Elliot? Musta dreamed it...
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

So you want Wheeler and Hunwick to stay OK then who goes when Sturm and Savard come back ? Ryder/Marchand/McGrattan being sent down to providence along with trading Paille will not be enought to get Wheeler, Savard, Hunwick and Sturm under the cap...