Wheeler to Providence!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!!

In Response to Wheeler to Providence!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Wheeler is trying real hard this year, B's fan are very proud of you Blake. But unfortunately you are a bust and you have 0 goals this year. Lets bring up Colborne or Sauve. Or trade Wheeler for a mouthpiece. Looks like your old skates aint helping.
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]
    Why don't you put a real worm on your hook the next time you go trolling? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Consider not naming your threads as though it has already taken place.

FYI: it's extremely rude and rather desperate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler to Providence!!!! : So you want Wheeler and Hunwick to stay OK then who goes when Sturm and Savard come back ? Ryder/Marchand/McGrattan being sent down to providence along with trading Paille will not be enought to get Wheeler, Savard, Hunwick and Sturm under the cap...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is true, 'Dog.  Ryder alone should almost do it.

Capgeeking it, I see a total salary commitment of $68,850,000.  That's just adding up the numbers.  Take out Seguin's and Caron's bonuses and you're down to $65.95M, but that's for a whopping 17 forwards on your roster, plus 7 D and 2 'tenders.  You can't carry a 26 man roster. 

Take Whitfield off b/c he'll be LTIR all year - that's just under $300K, so we're at $65.65M for 25 players.  Now drop the two guys in the press box - that's $1.575M for Paille and McGrattan.  Now it's $64.075 for 23 guys but you still have 14 forwards.  Delete Ryder and you're at $60.075 or just under a million over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bergeron Caron
    Krejic Wheeler
    Campbell Marchand

B's have the best PK unit in the league. Wheeler is not a great player and doesn't really know how to drive to the net and would rather shoot it from the circles. But he's not a bad player and I'd take him and his $2 million cap hit over Ryder and Sturm with their cap hits.

They can't all be stars people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

If you send him to Providence he will not be able to come back....He will have to pass through re-entry waivers and there is no way someone will not pick him up at have the price of his contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Isn't Hunwick + Paille (~2.4MM) the same cap hit as Wheeler? Or just Ference (~2.2MM) for that matter? I would much rather get rid of any cap compliant combo of Hunwick/Paille/Ference than Wheeler, who has been playing well but is not finding the net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

To add on to my last post, to resolve the B's cap issues, I would:

- Get rid of Ference and his $2.2 MM somehow -- trade, demotion, whatever. This extra cap space (assuming we get rid of it all) plus the $1.8 million we have under the cap gets us Sturm back.

- "Trade" Ryder for Savard.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Sturm Bergeron Caron
    Wheeler Savard Seguin
    Recchi Campbell Thornton

Extra: Marchand, McGratton

Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Stuart
    Hunwick McQuaid

Extra: Kampfer, Bartkowski, or depth acquisition (500k-1MM via trade at deadline)

Thomas
    Rask

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bookboy is right, Ryder+Marchand+McGratton would be sufficient - by $52,000.  Razor thin edge, and no banked space because of Whitfield.  Trading Paille would be be useful, but it would take a lot more for the Bruins to have a cap comfort zone, especially if KPD is right about what bonuses Seguin is reasonably likely to reach.

I think there are a lot of non-hockey move options that could be explored before removing Wheeler.  If he gets traded, it's a hockey trade (by which I mean the Bruins get appropriate return for him, not just cap space).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bookboy is right, Ryder+Marchand+McGratton would be sufficient - by $52,000.  Razor thin edge, and no banked space because of Whitfield.  Trading Paille would be be useful, but it would take a lot more for the Bruins to have a cap comfort zone, especially if KPD is right about what bonuses Seguin is reasonably likely to reach. I think there are a lot of non-hockey move options that could be explored before removing Wheeler.  If he gets traded, it's a hockey trade (by which I mean the Bruins get appropriate return for him, not just cap space).
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Bookboy is right, Ryder+Marchand+McGratton would be sufficient - by $52,000.  Razor thin edge, and no banked space because of Whitfield.  Trading Paille would be be useful, but it would take a lot more for the Bruins to have a cap comfort zone, especially if KPD is right about what bonuses Seguin is reasonably likely to reach. I think there are a lot of non-hockey move options that could be explored before removing Wheeler.  If he gets traded, it's a hockey trade (by which I mean the Bruins get appropriate return for him, not just cap space).
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

That is the key to SanDog's remark.  The Devilish razor thin edge is not condusive to a long season of toil ( I don't want to think of that word). Look at the Bs the last few seasons.  The options are to trade then demote.  So Wheeler, Hunwick, Ryder, Paille et al are all to be considered in a trade.  IMO all players are tradeable.  The demotion theory is fine but it does limit the trade option especially with Ryder.  After all getting some thing is better than nothing, once down in Providence the limited cap space means he stays there. Wheeler or Caron?  Now there is the real question.  Trade Wheeler and Ryder is reasonable thought.  No to demotion of Wheeler.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"$52,000.  Razor thin edge, but it would take a lot more for the Bruins to have a cap comfort zone."

When Neely commented at the trade deadline last season that Chiarelli is having problems making any trades the Bruins had more than $52,000. Someone has to go Mcgrattan and Ference are the tough ones you want in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

providence could give him some confidence. Right now he is doing nothing and would be a good way to get rid of some Cap. But, if B's send him down, there goes his trade value.  The Bruins are stuck with this guy,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]" $52,000 .  Razor thin edge, but it would take a lot more for the Bruins to have a cap comfort zone ." When Neely commented at the trade deadline last season that Chiarelli is having problems making any trades the Bruins had more than $52,000. Someone has to go Mcgrattan and Ference are the tough ones you want in the playoffs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

No way does McGrattan touch the ice in the playoffs. Also, I can definitely live without Ference, though depth on defense is extremely valuable in the post-season. At 2.2MM, I would rather have Wheeler than Ference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'm just the opposite. Wheeler will slowly fall off what ever game he has now and Ference (if he stays healthy) will still be a dependable d man. BYE BYE WHEELS.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Between his lackluster play last season and the fact that he took the team to arbritration, it is clear that Wheeler has made a fair share of enemies among Bruins fans.  I was on his case for his poor play for much of last season, so it's only fair that I point out some of the things that he has improved on this season. 

1) Offsides.  Last season, Wheeler was often killing the offensive rush by going offsides.  It was as if he lost awareness of the blue line when he started to join the rush up the ice.  I do not recall seeing him go offsides once this season.

2) Physicality.  Last season, Wheeler played like he was afraid of getting hurt.  He avoided making body contact, and when he did throw what could be considered a "body check, he would almost always lead with his hands, cushioning the blow before he made contact with his body.  This has also improved.  While he's no Lucic, Wheeler is now initiating contact with his body, and leading with his shoulder instead of his hands. 

3) Defensive play.  While I didn't really notice gaping holes in Wheeler's defensive play last season, I have noticed that he is playing some outstanding defensive hockey this season.  Not only is he getting back into position well in the defensive and neutral zones, but his forechecks have been creating problems for his opponents and creating turnovers on the offensive zone.

The only area of Wheeler's game that I have not seen significant improvement over last season is the accuracy of his shot.  As others have mentioned, he appears to lack confidence in his shooting ability, or the old (but accurate) cliche "he is gripping his stick too tight."  The best cure for that is to actually get a goal or two.  They will come.  I think that once he gets that first goal we will see Wheeler gain confidence.  Once he gets confidence he will go to the net and shoot more.  He will never be a Nathan Horton style offensive threat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wheeler pot 20-25 goals this season once he breaks the ice.

The suggestion that he should be sent to Providence is ridiculous.  He wouldn't clear waivers.  Some team would pick him up for nothing.  With what he currently brings to the team and the potential that he has, Chiarelli knows that Wheeler would bring value back in a trade, and that he would be stupid to let him go for nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bunch of IDIOTS ....a 30goals scorer to Providence ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

You are as pathetic and dumb as bruins8.  21 goals does not equal 30 goals... Just like Kessel's 36 goals does not equal 40-50 goals.  At least Kessel has gotten off to a good start at reaching 40 goals this season.  Wheeler hasn't even scored once yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]Bunch of IDIOTS ....a 30goals scorer to Providence ! ! ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Well Stanley he better get his girly as movin because scoring 30 in 73 games is much harder than 30 in 82. That's where your boy is at right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

I'm with 'jwb413' - He's worth more to the Bruins gone than here.  He and Ryder are the perfect guys to jetison when Sturm and Savard come back, respectively. 

The only danger in that, however, is if Sturm comes back and is injured again fairly quickly.  But it's a risk they'll have to take to put a legal team on the ice.  The more salary you can chop off with one player, the more current players you'll be able to keep.  He may have some type of future in the NHL, it just doesn't appear that it will be in Boston.  (personal note: Thankfully!)

The Salary Cap has no empathy - Just ask the floundering NJ Devils...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'm a big critic of Wheeler but honestly I think he has done everything else well besides score. He has been a great playmaker, nothing wrong with that.

The trolls on this board who think they know hockey should really calm down. ITS HIS THIRD YEAR!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Bunch of IDIOTS ....a 30goals scorer to Providence ! ! ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I agree the stupidity on this board is getting out of hand.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Wheeler to Providence!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Wheeler is trying real hard this year, B's fan are very proud of you Blake. But unfortunately you are a bust and you have 0 goals this year. Lets bring up Colborne or Sauve. Or trade Wheeler for a mouthpiece. Looks like your old skates aint helping.
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]
    Wheeler played great against Buffalo but still not likely well enough to appease some of the experts on this forum-isn't that right bird8817.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wheeler to Providence!!!! : Wheeler played great against Buffalo but still not likely well enough to appease some of the experts on this forum-isn't that right bird8817.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That's because they don't watch the games or they don't understand hockey beyond the scoreboard and who is fighting whom.

Wheeler's playing great this season so far.

24. This post has been removed.