Wheeler Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Wheeler Watch

Seeing as Stanley accepted BadHab's bet on how many points Wheeler gets this year, we'll have a post dedicated to tracking Wheeler's stats throughout this upcoming season.  The bet is:

If Stanley Wins: Everyone who gets in on this bet will stop posting, and further, I personally will support Stanley in his bid to become Assistant GM.

If Stanley Loses: He will stop posting so we don't have to read his ridiculous comments about his boyfriend Wheeler.

Currently, me, BadHab, Guyo, and NAS are opposing Stanley.  If anyone else wants to get in on this, feel free.  Just leave a post saying you want in.  Other than that, until the season starts, use this topic to project Wheeler's stats next year, and to bash Stanley for making his stupid mancrush comments.  And don't worry Stanley, you can bash us if you like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Re: Wheeler Watch

I'm in on this. I wouldn't be shocked if Wheeler put up 35. He has the potential. But he has to figure out how to use it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Wheeler Watch:
    Seeing as Stanley accepted BadHab's bet on how many points Wheeler gets this year, we'll have a post dedicated to tracking Wheeler's stats throughout this upcoming season.  The bet is: If Stanley Wins: Everyone who gets in on this bet will stop posting, and further, I personally will support Stanley in his bid to become Assistant GM. If Stanley Loses: He will stop posting so we don't have to read his ridiculous comments about his boyfriend Wheeler. Currently, me, BadHab, Guyo, and NAS are opposing Stanley.  If anyone else wants to get in on this, feel free.  Just leave a post saying you want in.  Other than that, until the season starts, use this topic to project Wheeler's stats next year, and to bash Stanley for making his stupid mancrush comments.  And don't worry Stanley, you can bash us if you like.
    Posted by beantowngm15

What was the number?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Does it matter if he's a Bruin, or not?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

I'm an optimust....
    And always dissapointed

26 goals
    31 assists

57 points.........as a bruin

This is his breakout yr....signs of talent as a rookie...the infamous sophmore slump

The whole team had a horrid offensive year...this yr WILL be different.

GO B's!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler Watch:
    Does it matter if he's a Bruin, or not?
    Posted by biggskye

No, it doesn't matter.  It's all about Wheeler, not about what team he's on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Wheeler Watch : What was the number?
    Posted by scooter244

The number is 35 goals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'm in on this. I wouldn't be shocked if Wheeler put up 35. He has the potential. But he has to figure out how to use it.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Alright.  So that makes it me, BadHab, Guyo, NAS, and Black&Gold.  Anyone else?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'm an optimust.... And always dissapointed 26 goals 31 assists 57 points.........as a bruin This is his breakout yr....signs of talent as a rookie...the infamous sophmore slump The whole team had a horrid offensive year...this yr WILL be different. GO B's!!!
    Posted by Mattyb9977

Stanley would still lose the bet at that point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Clearly take the under on this.  Wheeler never scored more than 18 goals in a season in three years at U of Minnesota.  A more appropriate O/U on goals is 25, where I would still bet the under.  Wheels is very talented, but he is not a finisher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler Watch : The number is 35 goals.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Ya, I'm all over that one.  No way he see's 30.  I wouldn't mind being wrong on this though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Wheeler Watch:
    Seeing as Stanley accepted BadHab's bet on how many points Wheeler gets this year, we'll have a post dedicated to tracking Wheeler's stats throughout this upcoming season.  The bet is: If Stanley Wins: Everyone who gets in on this bet will stop posting, and further, I personally will support Stanley in his bid to become Assistant GM. If Stanley Loses: He will stop posting so we don't have to read his ridiculous comments about his boyfriend Wheeler. Currently, me, BadHab, Guyo, and NAS are opposing Stanley.  If anyone else wants to get in on this, feel free.  Just leave a post saying you want in.  Other than that, until the season starts, use this topic to project Wheeler's stats next year, and to bash Stanley for making his stupid mancrush comments.  And don't worry Stanley, you can bash us if you like.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Has he?  I'm quoted as an acceptor of this bet and last I knew Stanley backed down from 35 goals to 30 (and from 50 goals in a couple of years).

so what exactly is the deal now???  are we backing down to 19 goals now or what?

OK, so I've been drinking heavy tonight with the relatives so I'll let my hair down and say I think Wheeler is a Kessel jr. and all attitude except (unlike Kessel) he doesn't have the skills to back it up.  Wheeler's biggest probelm is his brain.  You can see his spontaneous reactions are great, but if he gets enough time to think, he's horrible.

And with his size, he should have corked somebody really good this season.  Can somebody send me one clip of wheeler really clobbering someone ???   If he hasn't done it yet, het never will.  Peter McNab is his total potential.  That's it.

dump this joker for whatever you can get for him.

drinking hard, so quoting this is no fair.
      I may regret this in the morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Wheeler Watch : Has he?  I'm quoted as an acceptor of this bet and last I knew Stanley backed down from 35 goals to 30 (and from 50 goals in a couple of years). so what exactly is the deal now???  are we backing down to 19 goals now or what? OK, so I've been drinking heavy tonight with the relatives so I'll let my hair down and say I think Wheeler is a Kessel jr. and all attitude except (unlike Kessel) he doesn't have the skills to back it up.  Wheeler's biggest probelm is his brain.  You can see his spontaneous reactions are great, but if he gets enough time to think, he's horrible. And with his size, he should have corked somebody really good this season.  Can somebody send me one clip of wheeler really clobbering someone ???   If he hasn't done it yet, het never will.  Peter McNab is his total potential.  That's it. dump this joker for whatever you can get for him. drinking hard, so quoting this is no fair.   I may regret this in the morning.
    Posted by BadHabitude

He originally accepted the 35 goal bet, but then tried to back down to 30, but you refused.  You've probably had a little too much to drink to remember that, but who cares.  It happens to the best of us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Next season ...Wheel 33G  30A  63pts  +19

A star is borned .....2012 he will score 50 goals

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Maybe you should track the amount of times he coughed up the puck because he was too busy avoiding physical contact...take the over -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wheels will go "off-sides" more than 30 times next year though.  Maybe Stanley can take the over on that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Wheeler Watch : Can somebody send me one clip of wheeler really clobbering someone ???
    Posted by BadHabitude

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEnOCUPmz2Q

Big bad Blake Wheeler, bringing the pain!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Next season ...Wheel 33G  30A  63pts  +19 A star is borned .....2012 he will score 50 goals
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS

even tho too drunk to barely type.  50 goals in 2012?????  r u ffn shttting me?????

u r a total tard

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Next season ...Wheel 33G  30A  63pts  +19 A star is borned .....2012 he will score 50 goals

how about a tard is borned.

how about 26 goals in 2010-11.

n u know what?  i'll bet my left nut on it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

At 33 goals, Stanley, you still lose.  You agreed on 35, so stop trying to back down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

what the f are people talking about???

killer instinct.  u r "borned" with it.  he doesn't have it.  can't teach speed,  can't teach guts.

he's soft.  let's call a spade a spade. he is soft.  if you have to beat on him to get him to hit people like he did at the end of the season, it's just not worth it.

pure unadulterated skills better than just about everyone - NO HE DOES NOT HAVE IT.

and he is not smart.  just like Stanley.  no wonder he relates to him so much.

Peter McNab is the very best Wheeler can hope for.  And he will be very very lucky to make McNab numbers.  He has not gotten McNab numbers so far, not close.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I'm in. I don't think Wheeler although has a qualifying offer will be a Bruin this season. I think he will be in a package for a trade or to move up in the draft. If he remains a Bruin he could score 18 to 20 goals this season and could be trade bate at the trade deadline. Unless he starts to use his size more and become more aggressive his time in Boston is limited.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

The under is too much to turn down...I'm with the guys on this one. I think he has talent, but I don't see him getting 30 goals let alone 35...I hope I'm wrong, if so then we all win!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

badhab good to see you let your hair down once in awhile . I get the impression you hold back sometimes to keep it respectable . funny stuff , because my brain was trying to emulate a slur while I was reading your posts. how's your head today ?

btw I wish the topic was of Burke then we'd really see some choice comments .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'm in. I don't think Wheeler although has a qualifying offer will be a Bruin this season. I think he will be in a package for a trade or to move up in the draft. If he remains a Bruin he could score 18 to 20 goals this season and could be trade bate at the trade deadline. Unless he starts to use his size more and become more aggressive his time in Boston is limited.
    Posted by brunod

That makes me, BadHab, Guyo, Black&Gold, Brunod, and Tom.  Anyone else?

Sections
Shortcuts