Wheeler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

Wheeler

I think Wheeler is only worth about $2.0 million

If we could sign him at $2.0 million that would be ok with me.

But what happenings if the Bruins let him walk?

Any extra cap space? and who would we get to play 3rd line wing?

answers?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Re: Wheeler

Wheels will get  in the 2.5 range and no cap space as he is not on our cap yey as he is unsigned

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Wheeler:
    I think Wheeler is only worth about $2.0 million If we could sign him at $2.0 million that would be ok with me. But what happenings if the Bruins let him walk? Any extra cap space? and who would we get to play 3rd line wing? answers?????
    Posted by K435

Look around the league at what other 20 goal scorers make, then factor in Wheeler's youth.  Let me know what you come up with then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

: According to Blake Wheeler's agent Matt Keator his arbitration hearing is now over and "it went fine." Waiting for a ruling #NHL #Bruins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Matt Moulson just signed for 2.45 million per and put up 30 goals this year.  Also looking at Perrons signing not sure how Wheels gets 2.5..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

If he doesn't want to sign let him walk. The Bruins have kids in the system dying to get up and make their mark. He needs to prove himself for at least one season as being worth the money. PC can't afford to over pay another player, and Wheeler has to know that there are kids in camp ready to jump in and take his spot. It's all about how bad he wants to be in Boston, or the money. Either way, I know I wouldn't give him more than 1.75mil. It's not being cheap, there is potential to make more considering his age. He's just not there yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler:
    If he doesn't want to sign let him walk. The Bruins have kids in the system dying to get up and make their mark. He needs to prove himself for at least one season as being worth the money. PC can't afford to over pay another player, and Wheeler has to know that there are kids in camp ready to jump in and take his spot. It's all about how bad he wants to be in Boston, or the money. Either way, I know I wouldn't give him more than 1.75mil. It's not being cheap, there is potential to make more considering his age. He's just not there yet.
    Posted by BeantownBDH

I don't know where you're going with this logic. The arbitrator's ruling is binding on the player. He can't NOT sign. The Bruins can walk away from the award if they so choose, but Wheeler can't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Player     Age  Salary   G    Status

Bergfors   23   500K      21    RFA
    Frolik       22    850       21   850in 11
    Sutter     21     875      21   875-11
    Fehr        24    771K     21   2.2M
    Stastny    24   6.6M     20    6.6M
    Horton     25    4.0M     20    4.0M
    Perron     22    875k     20    2.15M
    Versteeg  24    3.1M     20    3.1M
    Dubinsky  24    1.85M    20   1.85M
    Setoguchi 23    765k     20    RFA
    Getzlaf     25    5.3M     19    5.3M
    Bergeron  25    4.75M    19    4.75M
    Okposo    22    850K      19    765K
    Callahan   25    2.3M      19     2.3M
    Oshie      23     850k      18     850k
    Krejci      24     3.75M     17    3.75M
    Ladd       24     1.55       17    RFA
    Brule       23      800k      17    1.85M Not Official yet-RFA
    Comeau   24     650k       17    650k
    Byfuglien  25     3M         17    3M
    Pouliot     23    800         17    1.3M

Wheeler  23     875k        18     RFA

There is lots of ammo for a big raise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

I really dont see how being a 20 goal scorer today is worth a pay raise like that. IMO 20 goals as a foward makes you serviceable. It means you arnt an offensive liability. if its someone that has shown big numbers in the past and or brings other things to the table so be it, that can be taken into account. from 875k - 2.5 mil? why? for what?

fine keep him in town if you want to let him develop. pay him 2.5 mil when he earns it. at 23 years old he should be working his butt off to build a career and warrant respect and big money. "where's the beef?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Andy Strickland is saying his "sources" tell him Wheeler will get between $2.1-2.4 mil, for whatever that is worth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Player     Age  Salary   G    Status Bergfors   23   500K      21    RFA Frolik       22    850       21   850in 11 Sutter     21     875      21   875-11 Fehr        24    771K     21   2.2M Stastny    24   6.6M     20    6.6M Horton     25    4.0M     20    4.0M Perron     22    875k     20    2.15M Versteeg  24    3.1M     20    3.1M Dubinsky  24    1.85M    20   1.85M Setoguchi 23    765k     20    RFA Getzlaf     25    5.3M     19    5.3M Bergeron  25    4.75M    19    4.75M Okposo    22    850K      19    765K Callahan   25    2.3M      19     2.3M Oshie      23     850k      18     850k Krejci      24     3.75M     17    3.75M Ladd       24     1.55       17    RFA Brule       23      800k      17    1.85M Not Official yet-RFA Comeau   24     650k       17    650k Byfuglien  25     3M         17    3M Pouliot     23    800         17    1.3M Wheeler  23     875k        18     RFA There is lots of ammo for a big raise.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Lots of flaw to this list as well, anyone still on their EL contract will not be used. they are signed to league standard contracts..

Also centers will not be used, playing center in itself is a more valuable position.

And appearantly goals are the entire barometer for worth according to your scale, no points, no mins, hits, plus minus?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Andy Strickland is saying his "sources" tell him Wheeler will get between $2.1-2.4 mil, for whatever that is worth.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

He writes for Eklund.  It is worth nothing.  His sources are probably Eklund and Eklund's cat.  That value is a legitimate guess of anyone who takes a look at it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

2.3...final offer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

With 12K currently in cap space, and with Sturm's $3.5M on LTIR, it gives us $3.512M to sign both Seguin and Wheeler. By looking at Taylor Hall's contract, and past #1 and #2 picks in the draft (Tavares, Stamkos, etc.), it looks like Seguin will have a 900K cap hit with incentives. That leaves the Bruins with $2.612M left to sign Wheeler. If he receives more than this, the Bruins will have 2 options: 1.) Trade Savard or someone else to make room, or 2.) Walk away and see what else is out there in FA. Some options would be Guerin (I hope not), Afinogenov, Torres, Fedotenko, and perhaps even Lee Stempniak if no other real offers come in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's are better off making a trade and keeping Wheeler than signing any of those guys!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

NAS, I agree. I was just saying that if we walked away from Wheeler, that those are the possible options.

If it's more than the $2.6M I'm not gunna get mad at Wheeler. He's just trying to maximize what he thinks he's worth. After all, we wouldn't be in this situation if PC didn't hand out contracts like a drunken sailor. So if there's anyone to blame, it's PC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Well if they have to walk away from Wheeler They could sign both Guerin and Satan. Then they could add Recchi to the line and instead of having the 700 lb line they could have the 120 year old line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeH44. Show MikeH44's posts

Let him walk!  We don't need this no production in big games POS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeH44. Show MikeH44's posts

Waste of a roster spot, got rid of "turn the puck over at the blue line" Wideman and Blake's next!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well if they have to walk away from Wheeler They could sign both Guerin and Satan. Then they could add Recchi to the line and instead of having the 700 lb line they could have the 120 year old line.
    Posted by BuckNakie

Now that's funny.

They are not walking away from Wheeler, unless, maybe possibly something totally nuts happens like he gets awarded 4 million or something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

If Wheeler is awarded over $2.6M and PC decides to walk what's stopping him from continuing to negotiate with Wheeler's agent? If we refuse the offer he just becomes an UFA. We'll bidding against 29 other teams then, but where else is he going to go and be surronded by such talented youth while contending for the cup?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It seems like it is taking forever for the arbitrator to make a ruling.  It makes me wonder if the hearing was a particularly contentious one. 

For all of the bashing of Wheeler's play last season, I do hope that he is re-signed at a reasonable salary (relative to other ridiculous NHL salaries).  He really could be a star in the making.  It is simply too early in his career to tell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

It seems like it is taking forever for the arbitrator to make a ruling.  It makes me wonder if the hearing was a particularly contentious one.  For all of the bashing of Wheeler's play last season, I do hope that he is re-signed at a reasonable salary (relative to other ridiculous NHL salaries).  He really could be a star in the making.  It is simply too early in his career to tell.
    Posted by Mutant211

They have 48 hours, barely 24 have passed, but part of me wonders if they may be taking longer because numbers are close.. if a player is seeking 7 and a team is offering 2 its a lot easier to say 5 is a fair number, take it or walk away, then if the bruins are at 2.1 and wheeler is at 2.8 and they can't come to an agreement in the middle..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

So arbitration works both sides go into the meeting and state what the player wants for pay or what the team is willing to pay for said player.That makes sense, but can the arbitrator say this player is worth less than the player wants but is also worth less than the team wants to pay. So he gets another figure?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So arbitration works both sides go into the meeting and state what the player wants for pay or what the team is willing to pay for said player.That makes sense, but can the arbitrator say this player is worth less than the player wants but is also worth less than the team wants to pay. So he gets another figure?
    Posted by BuckNakie

The figure has to be somewhere inbetween or exact.