WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???

Now that Krejci is back I believe Marchand sat out last night.  When Lucic and Savvy get healthy, who are the people to get sent down???

In no particular order- Whitfield, Marchand and there would have to be one more demotion:  Sobotka has played well, Paille is helping the team, not likely to see Recchi bumped but you never know...Bitz is playing well and seems to be finding his puck-possession game, people love him but Thornton IMHO only wins fights and does little else that other guys are just as good at with more skills.

So who are the 3 that will be sent packing at the end of the month?  Have Paille and Sobotka earned spots on the squad?  Will a player on the roster at the beginning of the year be sent down or released?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???

no, but unlike the beginning of the season there will be a player in the press box each night. don't worry. this will resolve itself as i seriously doubt the team will remain perfectly healthy once lucic and savvy come back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think we will see Sobotka and Marchand sent down, with Whitfield kept as a spare.  Why?  Marchand certainly looks like he could use some more AHL seasoning.  If the choice is between getting Sobotka some more all-situation exposure in the AHL or having him sit in the press box until someone else gets hurt, I say let him play.  Whitfield will certainly be fine not playing at all, or at worst subbing in if there is too short notice after an injury to call someone up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Dr CC- I honestly hope you are kidding.  Whitfield has zero chance of remaining on the squad when people get healthy.  He has very little talent.

The real question is- 3 people ssent down: 1 is def Whitfield, who are the other 2?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

why do you think 3 people get sent down?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

marchand & whitfield are sent down.... recchi is the spare forward practicing with the team till he gets his speed back up or injury hits again   "hammertime"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???:
    why do you think 3 people get sent down?
    Posted by dkrejci46

Only because they will have 3 extra forwards.  See below(just throwing people together to show we have 3 extras).  Whitfield and Marchand gone, 3rd demotion????

EX: 
    wheeler-Krejci- Ryder
    Lucic-Savvy- Paille
    Recchi-Bergy-Sturm
    Bitz-Begin-Thornton
    Whitfield-Sobotka-Marchand

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

most teams carry an extra forward...and by most i mean probably 28 or so NHL teams do that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

not to mention those lines are absurd, and you have thornton playing two positions on the same line and you totally forgot begin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Marchand and Whitfield.

Paille has a one-way contract (it wouldn't matter he's been great) and Sobotka has the grit and hustle to keep pushing the vets in practice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not sure I could handle watching Whitfield in Providence. Healthy scratch for Marchand by Julien tells me Brad needs to work on the discipline penalties. Honestly i'm a Recchi fan but he and Denise need to get some healthy scratches so Sobotka and Boychuck can get some more experience. Like Mark but he needs to pick it up.

Whitfield and Marchand should be the obvious choices. I expect some more minor trades before big ones as well. If Whitfield is one of our better forwards then I say not good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

most teams carry an extra forward...and by most i mean probably 28 or so NHL teams do that
    Posted by dkrejci46

True they do carry an extra- but in case you haven't noticed this year: the B's have carried an extra defenseman since game 1.  With their cap somewhat tight, they prob will NOT carry an extra D and an extra F.  But let us know D46- how many NHL teams do THAT????

Glad to see you are intelligent enough to catch an oversight.  Point is- the B's will have 3 extra forwards.  How many of the other NHL teams carry 3 extras?  Exactly- people will have to be sent down.

Hence-the purpose of the thread- who will get sent down?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I like many posters would like to see Recchi sat out.  But it appears that management is stuck on him so it aint going to happen.

So, between Paille and Sobotka, it's a wait and see situation.  We have about two weeks before Savard returns.  That's time enough to evaluate and decide.  Also, by then there may be more injuries to forwards.  

At this point I would favor keeping Paille due to his excellent PK, his speed, and that zinger goal he just scored.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenken14. Show jenken14's posts

Marchand and Whitefield

Its time to give Sobotka a real chance to prove that he belongs in the NHL. So I would make my lines like this.

Lucic-Savard_Bergy
      Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder
      Sturm-Sobotka-Recchi
      Thornton/Paille-Begin-Bitz

I Know that both Savard and bergy play center. Bergy has played the wing before and it would be nice to see him in a more offensive rule.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Paille and Sobotka

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I think too that Withfield and Marchand will be sent down.

If Marchand had produced, it could have been a different scenario, but, seen that he didn't, I prefer the grit of Sobotka.

So: Sturm-Savard-Ryder
          Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler
          Paillé-Bergeron-Recchi
          Bitz-Bégin-Thornton
    With Sobotka as spare.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Sobotka has earned his place on the team. Last time he was brought in, he wasn't nearly as well-conditioned. Don't know what happened to him but he's ready and he's hot-- with Wheeler, for instance. Insofar as we're stuck with the Princess of Wheels, might as well line him up with someone he can produce with, as per those 2 goals against Edmonton (1) (2).

I saw chemistry there, even if it isn't perfect. For instance, note these two calling for the puck from each other over and over again, until it's finally too late.

Potential.

Maybe Sobotka can teach Wheeler to play physical.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I like many posters would like to see Recchi sat out.  But it appears that management is stuck on him so it aint going to happen. So, between Paille and Sobotka, it's a wait and see situation.  We have about two weeks before Savard returns.  That's time enough to evaluate and decide.  Also, by then there may be more injuries to forwards.   At this point I would favor keeping Paille due to his excellent PK, his speed, and that zinger goal he just scored.   
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

I agree with you CCM- it looks like it will come down to a question of either Paille or Sobotka(Marchand and Whit will be first 2 sent down).  Like you, i'd prefer to see wrecking ball Recchi held out but it'll probably be on of those other two.

I think both Paille and VS have brought something to the table.  Paille-excellent PK and Sobotka has been a little more of an all-around player and talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I could see them carrying both spares, but if they do cut down to one spare, I could see Boychuk going to the A.  It's pretty clear that Julien has no faith in him, and the D is starting to come around.  Even Wideman looked decent against Pittsburgh when he wasn't skating on his gluteus.  Made some nice, crisp passes and took a few hits on the D to D passes they use to take the pressure off of the breakout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

Very interesting to see jenken14 wanting to pair Bergy and Savvy on the same line.  Bergeron is the Bruins best two way centerman, and at the moment Savvy is missing that winger who compliments his skills.  

Though, wouldn't that be a lose win situation?  Gaining a winger who is playing well, and losing Bergeron's ability to go head to head with the oppositions best?
    The B's wingers need to step it up.

Marchand is one I hope gets sent down, but I also hope he gets some more time back up with the big club.  His proper development is really something I hope goes well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Send Ryder and Sturm down and hope someone picks them up on waivers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Send Ryder and Sturm down and hope someone picks them up on waivers
    Posted by s2e42o

Add Wheeler to the list please. Let's get someone reliable--anyone at all. Anyone with an ounce of predictability.

I don't mind having a guy like Ryder on the team, knowing that he's only going to score goals when he plays against Montreal and two other particular teams, and that he is going to be utterly useless otherwise, but I'd like his salary to be adjusted to that fact. Then the team will be able to afford a goal scorer. You know, those guys who are counted on every game to find the back of the net at least once? Like that.

Failed forwards.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Doesn't Boychuk have a 1-way contract?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

If it was up to me I'd send down Whit'less'field and Bitzy-Cat when the boys return. I like Marchands feistyness, so I'd keep him up. He's also quick and, as he showed in the preseason, he's got decent hands and a little bit of a scoring touch. The other two are useless bums as far as I'm concerned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Seriousoly though, sugden: Bitzy??

Sections
Shortcuts